Caper - (Wil R)Member since August 6, 2009
Habs fan since: 2-Dad was a fan
Favorite current player: P.K.-people hate him 'cause they want him on their team.
All-time favorite player: The Rocket
- Comment on Brière agrees to two-year deal with Canadiens (2013-07-04 20:24:16)
Clarkson-good player but limited offensive skills with exception one good year. 31 and he is looking for 6 years at cap hit of $5mill and as reported by Bob McKenzie, as much as $6mill per year. Clowe is looking for $5mill per year -scored 3 goals in 48 games last year. Briere at 4 mill per for 2 years and still having skill to get 60 points-if healthy-i'll roll the dice with this. As many have said on this sight-reserve judgment until the season starts in October. I would be very surpsied if MB did not trade Gionta (1 year at $5mill and there will be takers or less likely DD. I'll take Briere over Ryder and/or Gionta.
- Comment on Brière agrees to two-year deal with Canadiens (2013-07-04 17:31:51)
Great comment. Perhaps Berkshire will move onto the Laffs and write a Eyes on the Playoffs blog from his mom's basement.
- Comment on Waite named Habs’ goalie coach; McCarron gets taste of Montreal’s hockey fish bowl (2013-07-04 16:55:53)
The Seguin trade is a very good example as to why the Habs wanted to go short term with PK. You gamble and the Habs will now pay dearly (and without issue one would think) for it while the Bruins however believe they had made a mistake. Personally I think they have over reacted and history will show the same, Looks good on them though. Love to see Matt Hendricks signed tomorrow and dare i say Matt Cooke. Let the attack begin.
- Comment on Therrien: “We’ve got to make sure we go back to basics.” (2013-05-06 17:23:05)
No but there were Pitt's back home. So he could actually be like Brian Pitts from home.
- Comment on Therrien: “We’ve got to make sure we go back to basics.” (2013-05-06 17:14:35)
I would definitely know them or know of your relatives Bill. I went to Gillis and while I hate to admit it, fit the noted age.
- Comment on Therrien: “We’ve got to make sure we go back to basics.” (2013-05-06 16:54:14)
Bill. I did all of my schooling from elementary through High School in Antigonish. Your relatives are correct. While MaxLean is 5 years older than me, I can confirm that he was not only an amzing hockey player but know as a great guy. He married his high school sweetheart from home and they are still together. He had skill (look at his NHL stats-not all Hawerchuk) and could handle himself. All of us East Coast people are good guys. Just ask us and we'll tell you.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens at Rangers (2013-02-19 21:35:07)
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens at Rangers (2013-02-19 20:43:53)
Everyone keep crapping on Cole. it's working. Who else?
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens at Rangers (2013-02-19 20:35:15)
Cole is playing like he did during his stint in Edmonton. Jimmy Rutherford may recycle Cole yet again. If Cole can get going and the team plays as it has in the last week, the playoffs would be a reality.
- Comment on Liveblog: Flyers at Canadiens (2013-02-16 21:11:55)
Just to be clear-you believe they paid him to come up from Florida?