Mats NaslundMember since August 2, 2009
Habs fan since: '81
Favorite current player: Andrei Markov
All-time favorite player: Wayne Gretzky
- Comment on Maple Leafs vs. Canadiens preview: Gonchar returns to lineup for Habs (2015-02-28 13:08:56)
I didn't suggest he had the offensive upside of Chara - just that Chara was far from a finished project at 23 and that this is one of the reasons why we should be patient in waiting for a young player to develop his game.
- Comment on Maple Leafs vs. Canadiens preview: Gonchar returns to lineup for Habs (2015-02-27 22:14:17)
At 23 Zdeno Chara had 9 points and was a -27. Just food for thought for those who want to ditch Tinordi because of a few shaky games in his early career.
- Comment on About last night … (2015-02-27 09:43:50)
In the words of Jesus Price I think everyone needs to "just chill" on Tinordi. He's got all kinds of potential and he's displayed it in junior and in the AHL. He just needs to find some comfort in the NHL. Beaulieu is a perfect example of how differently a guy can play once he's settled. Tinordi has been a guy capable of a lot of responsibility and big minutes in the past. We don't need to analyze every player the minute they throw the jersey on. Have some patience and stop being like Leafs fans.
- Comment on Liveblog: Rookie De La Rose bags pair as Canadiens beat Columbus (2015-02-26 21:05:31)
1 goal in 12 is better than 1 in 20. DLR still has a long way to go though.
- Comment on Liveblog: Rookie De La Rose bags pair as Canadiens beat Columbus (2015-02-26 20:16:52)
Gotta love that even the plugs are amazing.
- Comment on Liveblog: Rookie De La Rose bags pair as Canadiens beat Columbus (2015-02-26 20:15:39)
What a play by Trop..
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Blue Jackets preview: Smith-Pelly to make Habs debut; Thomas a healthy scratch (2015-02-25 15:33:35)
I respect Chris Nilan.. but woof. The suggestion that the Habs should go out and trade for another bottom pair anchor (in reference to his speed, not leadership talent)...... that is messed up. I can understand if you trade for a clear top 4 guy, but MB doesn't trade for him. That I would bet on.
- Comment on About last night … (2015-02-25 10:55:21)
So you don't trust the advanced stats that you didn't check regarding last night's game? Did you check the takeaways stat? Many of the turnovers were the result of tipped passes which wouldn't register through those traditional stats but certainly would using advanced metrics.
- Comment on About last night … (2015-02-25 10:29:27)
Also MTL's transition game is arguably its #1 strength and has been for at least 2 seasons.
- Comment on About last night … (2015-02-25 10:27:01)
If he were a UFA or if the salary cap didn't exist. I would much rather resign our RFAs.