Mats NaslundMember since August 2, 2009
Habs fan since: '81
Favorite current player: Andrei Markov
All-time favorite player: Wayne Gretzky
- Comment on About last night … (2014-03-06 09:47:16)
I have no real beef with the team you posted - but did you really just add ANOTHER 5'9" player to this team (Andrighetto)? That's the type of thing that would get you canned as a GM around these parts lol.
- Comment on Habs hit the road on a hot streak; Drewiske clears waivers (2014-03-03 09:33:30)
I wonder if MB is moved to try to add Chris Stewart now that Buffalo is in possession of him and would likely move him for picks or prospects. Not a typical rental in that he's still relatively young and under contract for one more season. MTL could get a lot bigger up front pretty quick with one move.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 46 – Markov wins classic game in OT 2-1 (2014-01-11 21:43:49)
What an absolute pleasure it was to watch that hockey game. Beauty!
- Comment on Habs given day off Thursday after loss in Philly (2014-01-09 22:53:34)
MT's job is to win hockey games not sand bag his team's chances with childish 'messages'. What a lazy excuse for being every bit as emotionally irresponsible as the player he accused by benching! Never put yourself before the team eh MT? Unless of course you're the pouty coach. Them it's fine as long as you pretend you're teaching them a lesson rather than just being a total moron.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-01-09 22:47:31)
The worst part is that Therrien had the entire 2nd intermission to make his point about the penalty but then chose to drag it out onto the ice after. So dumb. I wonder who's job it is to make MT a better person when he's out of line? MB are you watching?
- Comment on About last night … (2014-01-09 22:42:49)
Coach wants to make PK a better person. I guess he thinks he can do a better job than the guy who's responsibility that ACTUALLY is: his father.. Who by all accounts is not only one of the great dads in existence but who's work has been recognized over and over in the community in which he lives by being a role model for kids who need one. Aka he walks the walk.. Unlike coach who would rather pout on the bench and sabotage the game to make his 'point'.
- Comment on About last night … (2013-12-20 08:46:39)
Habs have too many guys who like to hang on the perimeter. That's fine when pucks find a way through, but when you watch a team like St Louis or Chicago you see that teams that can really score do so from close in. Much easier to score on second chances and deflected pucks which get the goalie out of position. The young guys will crash the net but until MTL can find some decent forwards with size they are going to be a perimeter team who scores from the point, and goes on streaks where nothing goes in.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 32 – The winning streak ends at five as Kings pot six (2013-12-10 19:49:38)
Late goal is a killer. A pretty good 1st period and you're down 2-0.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 30 – First place, baby! (2013-12-05 22:28:02)
Kudos to the team for battling through the 3rd period. They've played a lot of hockey lately and the Bruins were well rested (except for having to play with 5 D). It wasn't always pretty - but a win is a win and for now at least they can enjoy life at the top.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 30 – First place, baby! (2013-12-05 22:16:16)
I don't care if they get shots - but they need to try to at least hold onto the puck for more than a desperation clear.