Mats NaslundMember since August 2, 2009
Habs fan since: '81
Favorite current player: Andrei Markov
All-time favorite player: Wayne Gretzky
- Comment on About last night … (2015-01-28 10:38:29)
I have to agree on that intentional off side call. PK was trying to keep a puck in the zone, not trying to get a whistle.
- Comment on About last night … (2015-01-28 10:36:34)
well played sir.
- Comment on About last night … (2015-01-28 10:34:59)
I think the point about the Habs tendency to give up many more shots than they take is an important one, though it doesn't necessarily mean doom and gloom. Clearly the Habs are a good team. They win despite giving up too many shots and taking too few. The question is how much more they would win if they could control possession more and generate more dangerous offensive chances? And that really is the key to me: Montreal scores a bunch of goals off of the rush. That is fantastic. They often have good possession time in the offensive zone, but it is too often contained behind the net and on the perimeter. You'll watch the forwards work their tails off to get the puck free and back to the defense only to watch Emelin (or whoever) loaf it back down behind the net where they have to retrieve it again. I think the deficiency in the Habs' game so far this season is the ability to get the puck to a forward in high-scoring areas (the slot or in front of the net). When you watch a team like Tampa - you'll see a huge number of shots from those dangerous areas and it really can be as simple as not simply dumping the puck along the boards but cutting back to the middle where there is traffic and movement. Luckily, Montreal is pretty fantastic at causing turnovers and using speed to get down the ice. They have an all-world goalie and a defense corps that isn't overly physical but can make good passes to clear the zone. In the end they are a top team - but you worry about the playoffs if they face a team that can take away the transition game.
- Comment on Carey Price back on the ice at Habs’ practice (2015-01-19 15:02:06)
I'm in the minority but I would love to see a line of Eller at C with Galchenyuk and Sekac. I think that line would be very dangerous given the complimentary skills of each of the players.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens win 6-4 scoring extravaganza (2015-01-17 21:50:03)
Great win! A little more exciting than you would want but who cares!
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens win 6-4 scoring extravaganza (2015-01-17 21:19:44)
How did the refs miss the blatant interference on Bournival by surprise surprise Clutterbuck.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens win 6-4 scoring extravaganza (2015-01-17 20:39:11)
Heck of a game so far for the good guys. We spend a lot of time looking at what is wrong but man this season has been enjoyable on the whole.
- Comment on Liveblog: The road W streak ends ugly (2015-01-15 20:56:32)
I like Gallagher as much as the next guy but man he is an adventure carrying the puck on the PP.
- Comment on Liveblog: Crosby scores in OT to win it for Pittsburgh. (2015-01-10 21:33:45)
Oh man.. Max had all day... at least in slomo where it looks 10x worse.
- Comment on Liveblog: Crosby scores in OT to win it for Pittsburgh. (2015-01-10 20:49:06)
Tough luck for the kids on the Goal. Gino is world class. Entertaining game through 2.