Andy and the habs - (Andy Pirti)Member since July 29, 2009
Habs fan since: 80's
Favorite current player: Markov and Pacioretty
All-time favorite player: Gretzky
- Comment on Eller agrees to four-year, $14-million deal with Habs (2014-07-26 05:34:14)
Have this been posted? http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/the-five-most-evil-hockey-photoshops-we-could-come-up-with/
- Comment on Habs development camp underway in Brossard (VIDEO) (2014-07-08 13:58:32)
Switch Tamba Bay and Montreal, and put Islanders second last while Washington is at the bottom and you have the projection right.
- Comment on Subban and Eller file for salary arbitration (2014-07-06 14:19:15)
I expect him to get maximum term. If he gets 7.5 mn at a long term then it can be considered a home town discount.
- Comment on Subban and Eller file for salary arbitration (2014-07-06 13:57:51)
But your opinion is the root of his, suggesting Subban is not happy and wants out, a complete opposite of what we saw from his play. Subban is a strong and a positive person. He proved it during tough times in the beginning with the big club when every reporters tested him non stop with idiotic speculations.
- Comment on Subban and Eller file for salary arbitration (2014-07-06 13:49:34)
I agree, he will get market value. Plus Subban as a whole package is very valuable. He will continue to grow to become one of the best defenseman.
- Comment on Subban and Eller file for salary arbitration (2014-07-06 13:44:13)
I agree you are entitled to have an opinion. But when you bring an opinion from someone like Eklund who is trying to create controversial crap, your bound to get criticism.
- Comment on Subban and Eller file for salary arbitration (2014-07-06 13:12:24)
To Bogie Man: Just like your name suggest your tryin' to scare me. But it doesn't work. For one Eklund writes anything and everything. Not sure why he still get visits by some. Second there is no coaching problem. Although Subban is bonafide super star, he is still developing defence wise. Plus he enjoyed very much the playoffs. I didn't see any disgruntled player like you suggest.
- Comment on Gionta, Gorges headed to Sabres; Habs sign Malhotra, Weaver and others (2014-07-03 10:31:19)
Great article indeed. PK Subban as a whole package is unique. He has the ability to be one of the greatest no doubt about it. His physicality is there, puck possession is impeccable, his skating is top of the line, hockey smarts one of the best also. When other players don't think there is open ice he just cuts through catching defenders or forwards off guard. Only he and Pleks are able to see a hit coming and avoid it in the nick of time. This show quickness. His physical strength is impressive like he showed during playoff when he was practically pushing around opponents and almost lifting them in mid air. PK Subban is here to stay and he will be making a difference.
- Comment on Habs sign Weise to two-year contract (2014-06-17 13:52:20)
Then why are you veryhabby?
- Comment on Habs sign Weise to two-year contract (2014-06-17 13:48:30)
I wouldn't rule out Prust yet. I think he was playing because it was the playoffs although he was hurt. When healthy he can play well and drops the gloves in a timely manner. I'd wait to see how Prust plays next to see how he is. I sense the players who fight are under appreciated. Not the kind in a staged manner. Until the fighting is completely banned in hockey there will always be fighting. Often it is to give message to the other team not to take liberties, Chris Neal is an example.