joewindsor habfan - (joe)Member since July 15, 2009
Habs fan since: 1970's
Favorite current player: verdict is out
All-time favorite player: robinson, gainey, lafleur, dryden, roy, chelios, muller, etc.,
- Comment on Canadiens are off to their best start since 1961-62 (2014-10-26 11:59:04)
fun watching this year's edition! They have a stable full of stallions that seem to have endless energy, the defense is a work in progress but they knew that going in and the entire team seems to work in unison. the only issue i have is who sits and who plays, i guess that's a good problem to have...
- Comment on Liveblog: Desharnais scores in OT to beat Wings 2-1 (2014-10-22 10:12:29)
Agreed! Not impressed...
- Comment on No lineup changes expected for Habs vs. Avalanche (2014-10-18 11:09:32)
He's been there for awhile and his message goes into one ear and comes out the other ear, kinda went stale. Besides the talent level is no where near what he had 9 yrs ago (i.e Yzerman, Lidstrom, Shanny, Chelios and soon).
- Comment on Habs development camp underway in Brossard (VIDEO) (2014-07-08 20:09:30)
- Comment on No lineup changes for Habs in Game 2 (2014-04-18 13:14:19)
I agree with your 3rd option it will create more opportunities and possibly a higher success rate.
- Comment on No lineup changes for Habs in Game 2 (2014-04-18 12:46:39)
I should clarify not to pull both Weaver and Boullion out but replace one with one of the younger kids.
- Comment on No lineup changes for Habs in Game 2 (2014-04-18 12:40:21)
Folks Timo's not too far off in regards to the Habs 'D', they could use a little mobility and physicality. Insert a Tinordi or maybe Beaulieu and that can offset Tampa's speed. Weaver and Boullion are capable stay at home defencemen but unfortunately in the first game they looked like a couple of pylons standing on the side of the road. The Canadiens forward lines were very effective applying constant pressure on Tampa's defence and as long as they do there due diligence by coming back and tying up Tampa's trailing forwards it should be a victory for the Habs. I just think that the speed of Tampa's forwards creates a great deal of havoc for the likes of Weaver, Boullion and Murray. They're more suited for a Boston or Philly series where there's a lot mucking up during and after the whistle.
- Comment on Eller returns as Habs prepare to face Lightning (2014-04-15 09:19:59)
Regarding Eller, after a brutal season he had this year for some reason i have a gut feeling he's going to be solid or at least on the positive side in the post season.
- Comment on Lightning moves ahead of Habs in standings (2014-04-11 13:49:58)
I'd love to see him do it in a Habs jersey!
- Comment on Lightning moves ahead of Habs in standings (2014-04-11 13:38:32)
Well done Gio! Deserving candidate, i hope that's not the last of the silverware for this year. I'm thinking bigger and heavier for the entire team to share.