voicemajor2000 - (John Holland)Member since July 3, 2009
Habs fan since: 1992
Favorite current player: P.K. Subban
All-time favorite player: Alex Kovalev
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 21 – A first since 1967 : Rangers shut out Canadiens in Montreal (2013-11-16 21:49:46)
I miss how Pacioretty played when Cole was on his wing. Borque is certainly no inspiration, but Pacioretty has to motivate himself as well. That whole group just seems listless.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 21 – A first since 1967 : Rangers shut out Canadiens in Montreal (2013-11-16 21:47:44)
At least when we were under Carbo, we finished in first and had scoring depth outside of our first line. Under JM we went to conference finals. Under MT last year we didn't make it out of the first round. I know it has only been one year really with MT, but I think the players need a shake up. Either a trade or firing. The veteran players look lost.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 21 – A first since 1967 : Rangers shut out Canadiens in Montreal (2013-11-16 21:43:58)
Man, Borque and Pacioretty look lost out there. Weak on the puck, not much physicality, and no finish. Size means nothing if you don't use it to your advantage. I lament the Borque trade every game. Cammy was small, but was had the work ethic, and good finish.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 20: Bite me, Mr. Mayor! Desharnais the hero as Canadiens win Shootout (2013-11-15 21:05:43)
Is it just me, or do players get to take a LOT of liberties with Subban. These columbus players have their arms all over him. It's like prom night!
- Comment on Emelin nearing return to Habs’ lineup (2013-11-10 08:39:27)
Great list of players. The only point that can be made is that Crosby and Toews were the only 'Captains' to win a cup. Lidstrom was captain when Zetterberg last won, and the rest of the list have not won a cup at all, so it is a tough argument to make. Look at team a team like Tampa or Carolina, they won with Andreychuk and Brind'amour as captains, not Lecavalier and Staal. I sometimes wonder if making the best statistical player the captain puts too much pressure on them?
- Comment on A Night At The Opera (2010-10-17 08:50:42)
It is the first aria for Nemorino (a Tenor) and is called 'Quanto e bella, Quanto e cara'. It is from Donizetti's opera The Elixir of Love (L'Elisr D'amore). Go Habs Go!