Landof10000lakesHab - (Pete Arsenault)Member since July 3, 2009
North Central Minnesota
Habs fan since: More than two Hab cups.
Favorite current player: Markov
All-time favorite player: Ray Bourque
- Comment on Game Within the Game: Beaulieu stands up for Gonchar (2015-02-15 17:34:01)
Keep in mind that Greg Pateryn is on a Habs one way contract for next season. If he deserved the call-up based on play, or to be showcased for the upcoming weeks is unknown, but makes sense he gets the nod over Tiny at this point in time. Hope he is able to make the most of it.
- Comment on Leafs vs. Canadiens preview: Sekac, Gilbert healthy scratches for Habs (2015-02-13 19:21:29)
- Comment on Leafs vs. Canadiens preview: Sekac, Gilbert healthy scratches for Habs (2015-02-13 19:20:38)
Always the smallest player on the ice - not a chance he is 5'10". Very talented player for a 4th round pick.
- Comment on About last night … (2015-02-08 00:59:43)
Daniel Carr will likely get the next call up. Seven goals in the last nine games with the Dogs.
- Comment on Devils vs. Canadiens preview (2015-02-07 15:14:52)
Perhaps. Or, the Habs could keep the shots on Price down to a minimum tonight, and then perhaps he could play the back-to-back. Not like CP has had an overwhelming schedule this week.
- Comment on Devils vs. Canadiens preview (2015-02-07 12:33:33)
But not preferable...
- Comment on Devils vs. Canadiens preview (2015-02-07 12:31:25)
The number one consideration MB thinks about when deciding on bringing a (non-rental) player into the Habville fishbowl is character. I guess one could say both players mentioned are certainly characters. I like the fact that MB has a long term vision, and would prefer to see a winning formula for several years versus gambling numerous assets for questionable returns.
- Comment on Devils vs. Canadiens preview (2015-02-07 12:02:46)
Unacceptable? You do realize that the Devils have one of the best records in the East the past 12 games (8-2-2)... as do the Bruins who we play on Sunday. On top of that, our mid week game is against the Flyers who have a decent record over past 10 games as well. The last two games were the Habs best shot for easier wins.
- Comment on Tough schedule ahead for the Canadiens (2015-02-05 08:07:36)
Not too long ago when the Habs were a playoff pretender, we had the Bruins number most games, despite struggling to compete with the majority of NHL teams. All NHL teams, including the front runners have teams and systems they struggle with. It's not like we will face the Sabres in the playoffs, right? MB should help tweak the lack of firepower in the coming weeks. Up until now, he has rightly been affording the opportunities to the better AHL Dogs forwards. Would you rather we could not compete with TB, NYR, Pits, or NYI? The sky is not falling.
- Comment on Carey Price survives All-Star Game shootout (2015-01-26 14:42:57)
Nice thought. Several issues, unfortunately. The added points would not be fair to all other teams. What about players who have moved on from last year or new players that were added? Also, if one of the teams happened to be far removed from playoff contention the following year, then they would likely coast through the meaningless game. An added issue would be that the sponsors and NHL brass are only interested in actual all-star players being spotlighted, not 4th line grunts. Remember, the reason the game does not work now is no one wants to be injured or cause an injury. These players are used to playing full tilt. Best bet is to scrap the game, or just a pure skills competition.