Landof10000lakesHab - (Pete Arsenault)Member since July 3, 2009
North Central Minnesota
Habs fan since: Jean Beliveau's last finals appearance
Favorite current player: Alexei Emelin
All-time favorite player: Ray Bourque
- Comment on Price among Habs not making trip to Chicago (with video) (2014-04-08 19:02:00)
I would think the team you may want to be concerned about would be the Bolts, or are you saying that series is in the bag?
- Comment on Budaj to start for Habs vs. Sens; Beaulieu called up after Murray suspended 3 games (2014-04-04 11:39:40)
You are correct - these pairings allow each Dman to maximize potential.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-03-23 10:19:42)
No NHL team would ever place three rookie Dmen in the top six at this point in the season, unless they were in a race for the bottom of the standings. The results, and likely impact, would be talked about for the next several years on this site.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 70 – Vanek arrives, scores three to bury Avalanche (2014-03-18 23:45:20)
Thinking Boston and St Louis may be destined to decide Lord Stanley's fate in slightly warmer weather. The Bruins have now won 10 in a row, and are solid from the net out. The Habs always play them well, but when the second season starts, the zebras are barely noticeable while brute force & ignorance rule the ice.
- Comment on Habs get day off after loss to Bruins (2014-03-13 16:48:45)
I think all three are NHL players - having said that - not one of the 30 NHL teams would willingly put three rookie Dmen in the lineup at one time.
- Comment on Habs acquire defenceman Weaver from Panthers; Price back on ice (2014-03-05 08:02:16)
Drewiske was brought in last season as depth - a 7th DMan. Weaver has been playing top 4 mins for the past 3 years and is known to be a reliable defender, a big hitter, shot blocker, and PK Dman. There is a world of divide between Weaver and Drewiske.. Hopefully, this move will allow Emelin to move over to his natural side and work on returning his game where it was prior to the Lucic incident. I hope his new Hab teammates are making Mike Weaver feel welcome and that he avoids stumbling onto this site...
- Comment on Habs call up Tinordi from Bulldogs (2014-02-23 22:55:35)
David Fischer's story could have turned out differently. Unfortunately for David and a few other highly touted picks that wound up playing for the MN Gophers, it turned out to be a few years of atrocious coaching from a program that was accustomed to churning out numerous NHL players. By the time coaching changes were made and the ship had righted for the University of Minnesota, the damage to Fischer and other picks was done. Anyway - posters often bring up the fact we could have selected Giroux versus Fischer, but the majority of 1st round selections after the top five that year were mediocre. I do recall we took Ben Maxwell in the 2nd round, where Lucic was the very next pick.
- Comment on Liveblog: Olympic Games, semifinal: Canada 1, U.S. 0 (2014-02-22 12:32:26)
You do realize there is a current HIO ban on using LOL... oops, darn it.
- Comment on Liveblog: Olympic Games, semifinal: Canada 1, U.S. 0 (2014-02-22 11:19:48)
You need to get out a little more - nothing more important in Minnesota than hockey - year around. BTW -- I have lived in Canada half my life.
- Comment on AUDIO: Habs trade Diaz to Canucks for Weise (2014-02-03 16:19:11)
Habs did not draft Diaz, he was a free agent sign. Also he is UFA at seasons' end, so not high value. He has talent, but is undersized. Even if we could have gotten two minor players in return for our #6-7 Dman, how was that going to impact the 50 player rule and Cap, both now and in near future deals? What specific deal did you have in mind?