Landof10000lakesHab - (Pete Arsenault)Member since July 3, 2009
North Central Minnesota
Habs fan since: I've seen more than two Hab cup wins
Favorite current player: PK
All-time favorite player: Ray Bourque
- Comment on Mike & Max’s excellent adventure: Weaver’s dream summer with Pacioretty (2014-07-11 10:26:11)
Summer - 1980 - living on Beach Ave in Vancouver - Queen concert.
- Comment on Mike & Max’s excellent adventure: Weaver’s dream summer with Pacioretty (2014-07-09 20:10:11)
I watch all Wild games as most of my working buds are Wild fans and I get to see several live games a year as well. The Wild have a great young team, but I could not even begin to describe to you the on-ice horror show that has been Dany Heatley in Minnesota. I get irritated just thinking about the remotest possibility that he could come to Habville. Lots more than character issues here. I would start with - if Heater and Douglas Murray were in a one lap race around the rink, i'm not certain who would win. There is so much more - just let it go.
- Comment on Subban and Eller file for salary arbitration (2014-07-06 10:37:58)
PK will easily receive over $8M from arbitration, if no deal is signed. I think we would all be thrilled to see him signed under $8M for max years, but more likely in the 8.5+ range, based on Cap increase.
- Comment on Gionta, Gorges headed to Sabres; Habs sign Malhotra, Weaver and others (2014-07-01 14:08:30)
Not one of your better posts...
- Comment on Gorges stunned by Habs’ desire to trade him, now waiting for next move (2014-06-30 18:42:35)
I would think so.
- Comment on Gorges stunned by Habs’ desire to trade him, now waiting for next move (2014-06-30 16:54:27)
So, a number of posters anxious to see a "3rd" pair Habs Dman moved out of Habville today. While I agree that his salary was at the upper end relative to skill set, one must keep in mind that Gorges had the 2nd / 3rd highest ATOI on the Habs over the past several years, which makes Gorges at least a #3 Dman, and as a top four Dman, he was a decent cap value. Hope he lands on a decent team out west that will value all that he brings to each game. I do also hope that MB gets a return moreso than just a cap dump.
- Comment on Defenceman Lernout, forward Audette among Habs’ six draft picks (2014-06-28 12:39:32)
Wondering if this will be Trevor T's last year with the Habs? Looks to me like only a couple of the picks over the past two drafts have his signature.
- Comment on Defenceman Lernout, forward Audette among Habs’ six draft picks (2014-06-28 11:57:16)
His bio reads born in Alberta?
- Comment on Defenceman Lernout, forward Audette among Habs’ six draft picks (2014-06-28 11:47:47)
Over 100 picks and not sure i've seen one home grown player from the Q?
- Comment on Gallant named head coach of Panthers; Habs open 2014-15 season in Toronto (2014-06-21 21:48:35)
Ok with PK getting big $$ / term & ok with signing Markov as well, hopefully for only two years. Ok with bringing in Weaver for a year to cover 3rd pair RD and mentoring for Beaulieu & Tinordi. NOT ok with signing Gionta for even one more year. I understand we are short on RW, that he was a top six goal scorer for the Habs, that he has been a good captain, is defensively responsible, and that he would take less to stay in Habville. "I believe in balance," Marc Bergevin said. "We do have a small team, but we're a fast team, we're a young team. You don't change the makeup of a team overnight, it takes a long time. There are 29 other teams that want to be big, fast and strong. But it's easier said than done." We know Gallagher is a keeper, and as long as Max continues to score 39 or more goals per season, we also know that DD is staying in Habville. So that leaves one other hobbit sized forward - Brian Gionta, who is currently UFA. I am not obsessed with the size issue and have not posted in past about wanting smaller Hab players traded. This appears to be an opportunity to improve the team on the size front by simply not signing Gionta, understanding that the replacement in the short term may provide less skill. What say you?