Habs1st - (Neil Anderson)Member since July 2, 2009
Habs fan since: 1978
Favorite current player: P.K. Subban
All-time favorite player: Guy Lafleur
- Comment on Habs sign White for one year; Big Mac lands in London (2013-07-13 17:07:06)
I haven't seen confirmation either... joeybarrie has @TSNBobMcKenzie twitter handle spelled incorrectly.... and Bob McKenzie is on holidays. No updates on TSN or TSN's link to twitter listings for its analysts. Would like to see the Habs sign Morrow.
- Comment on Exclusive: One-on-one with Canadiens’ Daniel Brière (2013-07-10 20:12:28)
Interesting lines. Not criticizing, just wondering. Traditionally, 4 lines would be assigned with roles something like this... 1st line: best scoring line 2nd line: 2nd best scoring line 3rd line: shutdown or scoring line 4th line: fill-in/tough guy or, if they & other 3 lines are really, really good, shutdown line Is this what you had in mind? Cause, if not, for a "shutdown" line, I would think it needs to be mixed up. The 1st line you have is meant to get us points. Bourque, Chucky, Eller, Briere & Gionta are built more for point-getters, IMO. Shutdown line Pleks, Morrow & ???? Bourque maybe? Thoughts? One issue I had with recent Habs teams/coaches is that they put players in checking roles when they are offensive players and vice-versa. Prime examples that come to mind: Ryder (in his 1st stint with MTL) as a 3rd & 4th line player - for extended periods when he struggled. Moen on the 1st line. I'm sure there are others, however, I think you get the drift.
- Comment on Duffy, Leblanc shine as curtain falls on Habs development camp (2013-07-09 01:31:06)
MB is waiting to see if he can pull off the trade with Philly, if he trades Pleks, he won't sign Jagr! lol (No sources, just my crazy imagination!)
- Comment on Habs sign Fournier, three more prospects; camp ends Sunday (2013-07-07 18:22:52)
Not sure if this has been posted or not.... Frederic St. Denis signed with the Blue Jackets http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=427208
- Comment on Habs sign Fournier, three more prospects; camp ends Sunday (2013-07-07 16:06:09)
One report: http://spectorshockey.net/blog/sunday-nhl-rumor-roundup-july-7-2013/
- Comment on Habs sign Fournier, three more prospects; camp ends Sunday (2013-07-07 16:04:46)
- Comment on Habs sign Fournier, three more prospects; camp ends Sunday (2013-07-07 16:04:13)
Sorry took so long to responds, had to find the details again! Plek, Moen & Beaulieu for Max Talbot, Wayne Simmonds & Braydon Coburn. Too lopsided in our favor, IMO, so maybe, if there's any substance to it, maybe a draft pick from MTL would be included. And would hate to see Pleks leave.
- Comment on Habs sign Fournier, three more prospects; camp ends Sunday (2013-07-07 15:56:13)
Anything new on the potential (rumoured) trade with Philly?
- Comment on Habs sign Fournier, three more prospects; camp ends Sunday (2013-07-06 17:51:45)
LOL Mike. Thanks for the laugh. I'm leaving now to join "intelligenthockeydiscourse.com"!
- Comment on Habs sign Fournier, three more prospects; camp ends Sunday (2013-07-06 15:53:43)
This site needs a "like" "dislike" button! (Hmmmm, I wonder how many "dislike" comments this post will get?)