bigjames - (James Soutar)Member since November 10, 2007
Habs fan since: 1970 (was born in 66)
Favorite current player: 11, 14, 26, 76
All-time favorite player: lafleur, robinson
- Comment on About last night … (2015-02-17 07:02:49)
Habs victory and first place in the east made the evening news in Hong Kong tonight. We never get hockey news let alone highlights of a Habs game. Awesome!
- Comment on Canadiens’ Beaulieu says he’s ready for anything; Tinordi sent down to Hamilton (2014-11-07 02:02:20)
definitely see a lot of canucks jerseys on Hong Kong rinks..
- Comment on Canadiens’ Beaulieu says he’s ready for anything; Tinordi sent down to Hamilton (2014-11-07 00:52:08)
I live in HK and have been begging the Molsons to get out here fast. Hockey is growing fast. and the quote from that article makes my blood boil: "This is the most storied and established brand in the game," Hopkinson said. "We were told that if they were going to partner in the NFL, it would be with the Dallas Cowboys. If they were doing a baseball deal, it would be with the New York Yankees. And if there's a partnership in the NHL, it's going to be with the Maple Leafs." the fact that the leafs would even try to say that to TSN is simply incredible! come on Habs, get with the picture, you can't spell China without CH!
- Comment on Episode 4: Is Carey Price underpaid with the Canadiens? (2014-10-29 19:57:42)
Thanks Guys from another regular Asian listener (Hong Kong this time). Nice to see Pat (who I see a bit in the townships during the summer) on the show. in answer to the question about what caused big Z to shove max into the stanchion, I remember in the game prior to that one against the Bs, max pushed chara out of the way right after scoring a goal. I think it annoyed chara big time and was probably unnecessary. maybe there was more but I definitely remember that at the time..
- Comment on Habs sign first-round draft pick Scherbak (2014-07-21 22:27:02)
I was there last week. funnily enough, I saw I guy in Princes Street Garden with a habs jersey on and shouted "go Habs go" at him and he looked at me puzzled. I think he stole it! anyway I also drove from Aberdeen to Inverness and along the loch.. very long and slow drive, pretty but frustrating. not sure how you plan to travel but if by road, plan extra time and have fun!
- Comment on Gionta, Gorges headed to Sabres; Habs sign Malhotra, Weaver and others (2014-07-02 20:55:43)
- Comment on Habs trade Leblanc to Ducks; Therrien gets four-year contract extension (2014-06-16 00:54:43)
gonna have to ask my parents. will let you know later!
- Comment on Habs trade Leblanc to Ducks; Therrien gets four-year contract extension (2014-06-15 21:47:43)
you may have been our family paper boy then! my parents lived on ridgewood in the 60s until about 68 I believe. I was just born then so don't really remember!
- Comment on About last night … (2014-03-25 09:53:56)
I wrote to L'antichambre just now to complain about PJ Stock. just logged on to their website and found the comments page. wrote in my best French and told them he was an embarrassment. it is true..
- Comment on HI/O Show: The return of St. Patrick … and much more (2014-03-19 21:47:20)
wow great stories. i was wandering around those hotels in the early 90s too... never met stevie though! and while i stayed at borobudur (the company i worked for was a shareholder of jakarta int'l hotels, owner of borobudur), we usually ended up in tanamour. i won't discuss the kinds of people i met there in this forum lol! still in asia (hong kong) but when in jakarta i stay in more modern hotels now. have not been back to the borobudur in decades! Go Habs!