Eddie - (Ed )Member since June 12, 2009
Habs fan since: 1980
Favorite current player: Brendan Gallagher
All-time favorite player: Jean Beliveau
- Comment on Habs get a well-deserved day off (2013-12-06 17:17:04)
Why GMs don't make big trades when their team is hot? Because the risk is too high that the trade will stop the winning, and even if it has nothing to do with the trade, the GM will be blamed for tampering with success. Why the Habs will not touch Kane? Because he is not an established character player, he's the opposite. High maintenance tough to coach. Love Kane, but he would never fit on a team that depends on character. He belongs in New York on the Rangers.
- Comment on Habs get a well-deserved day off (2013-12-06 14:43:50)
He looked burnt at times last night.
- Comment on Habs get a well-deserved day off (2013-12-06 14:42:33)
Here's a thought. If the Habs trade for Stastny don't be surprised if Roy and Sakic ask for Fucale as part of the package going the other way. You heard it here first.
- Comment on About last night … (2013-12-06 13:23:27)
I have tried to point out that Markov could be burnt out come playoff time, and that last yer he played real well until around March, but no one wants to listen to a simple man like myself.
- Comment on Habs, Bruins in battle for first place (2013-12-05 15:08:07)
Habs like to play Subban and Markov when we have our 4th line out there. Parros is playing so that Thornton does not run our top dmen out of the building especially Markov.
- Comment on About last night … (2013-12-05 08:52:49)
Bergeron knows hockey. But once he starts talking like he knows the "cliques", I would say he is not nearly as insightful. Subban is great for hockey and great for the Canadian game. He's having a terrific season, he's the reigning Norris winner, and he's as good or better than anyone in the league on most nights. There are two defencemen in the world who I would choose before Subban; Shea Webber and Chara. Yzerman knows all of this and much more. Subban will be in Sochi.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 29: Budaj wins on the road again as Eller, DD score in Shootout (2013-12-04 17:15:54)
I saw him play quite a few games in Halifax. He's a great athlete and a very fierce competitor. I really like that in a goalie.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 29: Budaj wins on the road again as Eller, DD score in Shootout (2013-12-04 16:56:15)
Fucale is as good a goalie prospect as we've had since Price and Halak. The Habs love his talent and his compete level, which are both elite. Unless his career collapses for some reason, he will be a NHL goalie. 2007 was the one year when all the goalies were busts.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 29: Budaj wins on the road again as Eller, DD score in Shootout (2013-12-04 16:52:55)
Ok. Lets see who will end up calling this one, me or SB Nation. Bennett has everything except the last 2 inches of height. He has all of Gorges defensive skills, awareness, and great leadership, but he's a much better skater. He also has great puck skills, passing, handling the puck etc. He has a family tradition in the NHL. My call has always been that he will sign, go to Hamilton, and then make the NHL after that. Did I mention he went to Hotchkiss Prep school? He's real smart!
- Comment on Habs’ Bourque sidelined with upper-body injury (2013-12-04 15:54:13)
Take the 4 million we pay Briere off the books.