rdiddy - (Ryan)Member since May 29, 2009
Habs fan since: 1981
Favorite current player: Carey Price
All-time favorite player: Saku Koivu
- Comment on Subban, Habs prepare to face Bruins (2013-02-05 15:08:06)
not in montreal. Guelph actually, so I have the e-tickets. give me your email address and we can chat about it.
- Comment on Subban, Habs prepare to face Bruins (2013-02-05 13:31:30)
$100 over face value is a lot, even for Montreal. I have been on both the buying and selling side of things on stubhub, and bought tickets during the 'lottery' at the start of each season. Obviously if you get the luck of the draw that's the best route, but last year I bought 8 tickets in the molson ex zone for a Saturday game vs Boston and paid $130, where face value was $45 i think. ugh. Stubhub charges sellers 15% of their selling cost for admin fees. If you want tickets that AREN'T $100 over face value, it looks like I can't go to the Habs-Philly game that I have tickets to on the 16th. If anyone is interested in them let me know (I was there last week for the Devils game and I can't justify another trip to Montreal this month. lol)
- Comment on Habs en vacances (2012-07-18 11:50:47)
agreed he would need to agree to a long-term deal for sure, but I wouldn't say his value is much lower as a pending UFA. He will bring in more of a haul than Nash or Ryan for sure. I love PK but he will never be anywhere close to the player Weber is. Eller is a good prospect but a trade chip with Bournival, Galchenyuk, and Leblanc all C's in the pipeline. Ideally the Habs first rounder will not be lottery next year but Nashville would look at their #3 overall pick and salivate at a potential top 5 pick again. The only untouchables in a Weber deal should be MaxPac and Galchenyuk. BTW - this will NEVER happen so all this is in pure fun
- Comment on Habs en vacances (2012-07-18 11:38:42)
What would you give for Weber? Perennial All-Star, Norris and possibly Hart candidate. Should likely finish his career with similar stature to Pronger and be one of the best defensemen of his generation. PK, Eller, Beaulieu, Kristo and a 1st? It will take AT LEAST a top 3 D-man (PK), top 6 forward (arguably Eller), two top prospects and pick(s). If Boston was to make a play it would take at least, Lucic, Hamilton, Boychuk and multiple 1st round picks. thoughts?
- Comment on TSN 990 to become French radio station (2012-07-11 11:58:48)
1. I assume you mean Patrick Kane but a PERFECT fit would be Evander Kane. He is struggling to re-sign with the Jets, offer up Eller, Weber, one of the 3 second rounders for 2013 (or even a 2014 first rounder) and a prospect like Ellis or Kristo. Would look amazing on the second line with Pleks and Gio. perfect perfect perfect 2. Eller then Beaulieu (only if it is part of a large package like B. Ryan) 3. Kristo is not signed and committed to school, Gallagher could have a good camp and make it. Boom Boom Jr is a likely first call-up 4. Think Bourque will be given a legit shot on the 2nd of 3rd line if no changes are made. Cube may rotate in and out and Gomer could be demoted before the season. 5. Yes. If they even repeat 80% of last year they will be solid again. 25-30 goals for Cole and Patches and 60+ points each is a solid NHL first line.
- Comment on RFA White signs; Galchenyuk headlines development camp (2012-06-26 15:05:09)
I am guessing you are a child or someone who has no concept of money because 1/20th of that salary is $33,750 which I am assuming most people on this site make. Of course $675,000 is a lot of money, but you cannot compare professional athletes salaries with everyday people because it's like comparing apples to oranges. They are not even remotely similar or comparable.
- Comment on RFA-offer deadline looms for GM Bergevin (2012-06-25 09:35:31)
Hoping Habs can unload Bourque and demote Gomez. Would give us a ton of money to spend. My thoughts... http://capgeek.com/cap-calculator/roster.php?id=8221
- Comment on Canadiens should get a good one at three (2012-04-11 08:51:12)
heard a VERY interesting rumour this morning. Eberle to Chicago for Seabrook. Makes sense for both teams and then the Oil take Nail. Leaves CLB screwed and they probably take Forsberg and run scared from the Russians. Likely leaves the Habs and Leafs to pick from Galchen or Grigs.
- Comment on Canadiens should get a good one at three (2012-04-11 08:48:43)
agreed that starting a guy in the Hammer is ideal but if its a CHL player that cant happen. So therefore only Forsberg could come over and play in the AHL, but I dunno what his contract status is in Sweden anyway. If its Nail or Grig or Galchen then they either play in the NHL or the CHL. Same reasons why Latendresse couldn't play in the AHL.
- Comment on Liveblog: GOMEZ!!! (2012-02-09 13:57:34)
I wouldn't mind seeing a team like this for next year: It shouldn't take more than Weber, Avtsin, Kristo +2nd to take Carters HUGE salary. Maybe they would even take Gomez's big salary (pipe dream but 2 years is better than 10). Throw big money at Suter, trade Kaberle, Moen, Gill, AK before the deadline. FORWARDS Erik Cole ($4.500m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Brian Gionta ($5.000m) Jeff Carter ($5.272m) / David Desharnais ($0.850m) / Max Pacioretty ($1.625m) Rene Bourque ($3.333m) / Lars Eller ($2.270m) / Nail Yakupov ($3.500m) Ryan White ($0.825m) / Louis Leblanc ($1.170m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.250m) DEFENSEMEN Andrei Markov ($5.750m) / Alexei Emelin ($1.984m) Ryan Suter ($6.000m) / P.K. Subban ($2.875m) Josh Gorges ($3.900m) / Raphael Diaz ($0.900m) Matt Carkner ($0.700m) GOALTENDERS Carey Price ($5.750m) / Peter Budaj ($1.150m)