derfab - (derrek cauchi)Member since May 23, 2009
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on About last night … (2013-10-13 10:45:41)
Idiocy is a human thing. I now watch the Habs on RDS and sometimes switch to CBC to hear commentary. Cherry is no genius but he remains, after all these years, a refreshing antidote to the lazier promoters of current and even more conventional opinion.
- Comment on Predictions, anyone? (2013-09-30 17:04:24)
One area where Briere could make a difference.
- Comment on Emelin skates in full gear; McCarron returned to junior (2013-09-23 09:41:05)
Would rather see a bruiser on RW with Desharnais and Pacs. White looked good enough 2 years ago in camp on a line with Pacs and he can skate. Prust, Parros, Moen could slip in for short stints. Briere would be better with Plekanec. If Pacs has to protect 2 shrimps his production will fall off and he will be a target. Cole fit for a reason. Gionta would be better than Briere but shouldn't play until he is healthy enough to kick the door off the stable.
- Comment on Happy 82nd birthday to Jean Béliveau (2013-09-02 12:25:30)
Good question. Briere. Who will actually throw a check? Cole.
- Comment on Wedding part of busy summer for Habs’ Gorges (2013-08-08 09:35:08)
Gorges also made the mistake of running his mouth while Subban was holding out. Not good.
- Comment on Fucale looking forward to world junior challenge (2013-08-06 14:40:05)
Steriod use is a big problem. It is especially evident in all professional sports, but particularly in the more brutal and physically punishing ones like hockey. If we are to judge by appearances alone, NHL players seem to have a free pass. No one gets sanctioned. Enforcers die. And the suspensions handed out by mlb are proof that there is at least tacit approval for their use in baseball. Go ahead and do it if it helps you play better and generates excitement, but don`t get caught or we`ll have to huff and puff...and slap you on your puffed up rear...millionaires in pajamas...people like that crap?
- Comment on New season, new division rivals for Habs (2013-07-22 14:29:15)
He is not the same player.
- Comment on New season, new division rivals for Habs (2013-07-22 14:19:58)
Stacked, well rested teams make it deeper. Habs only got past second round when the core (Halak was back up to Price all year), including the americans, got snubbed. Vancouver had the best club but died.
- Comment on New season, new division rivals for Habs (2013-07-22 13:40:18)
Morrow would be a decent replacement for Cole, Big improvement on Ryder. Someone else has to go if we sign him (DD, Moen, Gio, Bourque...). Love to watch team Canada play the Russians, but I hope few Habs make any of the teams. They will all be spent come May.
- Comment on Brière agrees to two-year deal with Canadiens (2013-07-04 22:30:15)
He'll do ok with pacs and Bourque. Gionta or DD will be pushed out if he gets Pacs going. Bergevin made a mistake dumping Cole, underestimating the effect he had on the kids as a leader and physical presence. Briere is a band-aid for that decision.