nunacanadien - (joshie mitsima)Member since May 6, 2009
Habs fan since: ever, was born a hab fan
Favorite current player: Wish Bergevin could find one
All-time favorite player: frank mahavolich
- Comment on (AUDIO) Habs sign Markov to three-year contract; Burns named to Hall of Fame (2014-06-24 15:01:14)
What is this about Subban signing with the Laffs?
- Comment on Canadiens will retire Guy Lapointe’s No. 5 (2014-06-19 10:05:26)
The problem is and has always been started by Guy Carboneau and Gilette. The habs were bought out by a Toronto based ownership committee. Since when does anyone in Toronto want anyone in Montreal to win? Never. So wake up and smell the crap you are part of. No matter how nicely they package it, the people with the money who will give you what you need, which is superstars, won't give you the money, they'll give you money to waste on a Gionta or Gomez, but not on a Vanek longterm. So why bother? If Bergevin is really a man, he'll get us what we need to win. Big real NHL players who can score and hit.
- Comment on Markov looking for three-year, $18-million deal: report (2014-06-16 14:37:03)
Markov was part of the lacklustre habs, but not lacklustre himself. It took the combination of addition toughness up front with Vanek, Parros and Prust and Weise and Weaver and White, it was not until we got a bit more tough we started to win. Vanek is part of the solution along with Markov, after all it is a team game.
- Comment on HI/O Show: Habs will face more pressure next season (2014-06-13 09:46:19)
I hated the slow and steady years of Carbo, let's hope Bergevin does not go slow and steady, instead to go big and fast and to win again.
- Comment on HI/O Show: Habs will face more pressure next season (2014-06-11 11:53:05)
When Montreal can't sign real players we get small players like GIO and Briere. Maybe it is time Montreal just went without real players and stop wasting the cap space on junk. Sign big. Never fails. Even teams that are big in size are not on the bottom and manage to keep superstars. Going small ensures that you fail sooner or later. Never go small.
- Comment on HI/O Show: Habs will face more pressure next season (2014-06-09 10:09:57)
No it was Vanek telling it like it was. He was moved and it cost the team the wins. Simple. Put Vanek back with players he enjoys playing with and we win with our without Price but mostly with Price, as Vanek and Price are the right combination.
- Comment on HI/O Show: Habs will face more pressure next season (2014-06-09 09:58:44)
It took the right combination of Price, Subban and Vanek, along with the toughness provided by bigger players. Where we lost was the captain giving the puck away, destroying the momentum all because he is small and easily knocked off the puck.
- Comment on Rangers fan Jimmy Fallon rubs it in a bit after winning bet with Habs (2014-06-04 10:27:42)
Vanek is what got Montreal into the playoffs. Enough of this dumping on Vanek or thinking Price is the solution or only solution, we've had Price all these years and we never got anywhere. It was not until we shamed the Coors board on hockeyinsideout.com and to let them know that enough is enough, Montreal has had enough smurfs. Buy out Gionta, keep Vanek, sign Subban and Markov, trade Budaj for cap room trade whoever we trade Budaj for to make up. There are many teams who need a backup goalie and Montreal needs more cap space. I would lose Therrien before I lost Vanek. Any coach can stand behind the bench, but as Montreal knows, it is hard to find a good player to skate on the ice with our sad bunch of late in the past years. Thank God we have Subban and Max Pac and Subban and Emelin now. But honestly the rest of the team needs to bulk up and toughen up for the habs to make the playoffs. Enough of this being pushed around and having Price get hurt. Time to get tough and defend Price. Get rid of the small defense for God's sake!
- Comment on “This is the tightest group we’ve ever had,” Price says of Habs (Video) (2014-06-02 10:18:54)
Typical Montreal, waste a chance with Vanek. It was only when we got Vanek that our playoff hopes rose. If we lose Vanek we'll be back to 20 more years of nothing hockey.
- Comment on Bell Centre sells out for fans to watch Game 7 from Boston (2014-05-14 09:57:46)
Markov showed the way at the end of the game, and Price is hopefully still pissed at Charra. The Bruins are going to come out hitting, and Montreal better be ready not to take penalties.