Tighthead - (Will )Member since April 25, 2009
Habs fan since: 1975
Favorite current player: Subban
All-time favorite player: Robinson
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Senators preview: Tokarski, Pateryn, Sekac in lineup for Habs (2015-02-18 15:05:21)
Just don't make the backpack of triumph heavier.
- Comment on Habs vs. Senators preview: Tokarski gets start in goal (2015-01-15 14:32:41)
Blake was never high profile as a national guy. He still does some fill in TV work, and is well entrenched at 1040. I bet he hasn't suffered in the T-4 category, plus his wife is apparently a successful lawyer downtown.
- Comment on Tokarski gets start in goal for Habs against Capitals; Moen replaces Weise on fourth line (2014-10-09 13:32:08)
Replied on other thread
- Comment on About last night …. (2014-10-09 13:16:08)
I find Shorthouse tremendously overrated. Canucks fans go absolutely wild any time they have a national broadcast and not their homer crew. Remember Garrett calling a guy in Minnesota a drunk when Rypien needlessly went after him? That was never addressed. The whole insular Vancouver media feeds it as well. Cam Cole, McIntyre, Gary Mason - all freaking out that there was no Shorthouse. I was stunned at their ignorance as to why he was not on the telecast. Rick Ball does a much better call for my money. I can do without Hughson as well. I will admit that the entire Canuck fanbase and media colours my opinion. They are the worst.
- Comment on Injured Prust won’t be in Habs lineup against Blue Jackets (2014-03-20 16:03:44)
I couldn't call it innocent. We have all made some bad tackles but that was dirty. I go for Scotland, and against France.
- Comment on Injured Prust won’t be in Habs lineup against Blue Jackets (2014-03-20 15:43:53)
The no attempt to wrap is what jumped out at me. If he came in with a hard form tackle, low, it doesn't look too late. But that was a complete mess.
- Comment on Nilan offers advice for Habs’ Bourque on HI/O Show (2014-01-15 19:29:21)
How do I message you? I realize this question does not help me present as a capable individual.
- Comment on 1993 Stanley Cup flashback: Habs win Game 2 thanks to McSorley’s stick (2013-06-03 16:03:58)
I paid $100 for game 5.
- Comment on Memorial Cup memories from Habs; Churla hired as chief amateur scout (2013-05-28 10:21:38)
Did some Hockey DB research. Cornwall won 3 Memorial Cups as a member of the Q - 1972, 1980, 1981. They transferred to the OHL after the 1981 title, which was apparently not a popular move with the fans. I remember going to playoff games against teams like Shawinigan and Sherbrooke and they were crazy.
- Comment on Memorial Cup memories from Habs; Churla hired as chief amateur scout (2013-05-28 10:13:08)
Q through 1982, including all 3 of their Mem Cup wins. Then to the O, then off on a Greyhound courtesy of Willie Wise. I grew up a little west of Cornwall.