Morenz7 - (Charlie G.)Member since November 13, 2007
Habs fan since: Birth (1969)
Favorite current player: Andrei Markov
All-time favorite player: Bob Gainey
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Predators preview: Mitchell in for Malhotra; Gilbert sidelined (2015-03-24 10:29:11)
The Bruins-as-root-of-all-hockey-evil is a theory to which I've subscribed for some time. Nice to see it cogently expressed.
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Blues preview (with video): Pacioretty named NHL’s third star of week (2015-02-24 10:48:47)
Notice he has 12 PIMs in 54 games, so by tough I guess you don't mean prone to chucking knuckles. Not that I have a problem with that. Basically, most of us here know zero about the guy, so do tell.
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Blues preview (with video): Pacioretty named NHL’s third star of week (2015-02-24 10:44:32)
Also, a left-side shooter for a righty. I don't know much about DSM, other than he was on the world junior team a few years back.
- Comment on About last night … (2015-02-11 10:48:26)
I found it enjoyable to squint at the clip and imagine it was Kyle McLaren getting the clothesline treatment from Roussel (remember what he did to Zed?). I guess one plodding, thuggish Boston defenceman is the same as the next.
- Comment on Former Habs coach Claude Ruel dies at age 76 (2015-02-10 10:23:07)
The guy who flipped off the Bell Centre crowd? I don't think so. Ference is a garden variety sh*tbird masquerading as a character guy. Can't believe the Oilers put a C on his jersey. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlKggtLYecU
- Comment on Sabres vs. Habs preview: Price named NHL’s first star of the week; de la Rose called up from Hamilton (2015-02-03 10:56:50)
Not sure what the NHL's motivation is here, but I've always understood one of the guiding tenets of sports officiating to be: once a call is made, it is made. If a ref opens the door to debates, he'll find himself doing nothing but debating. Yes, every sport builds in some flexibility—hockey players (and coaches) are allowed a brief period to mouth off after the call; baseball managers are allowed onto the field to discuss calls on the base paths. But the limits are understood (in baseball, they flat out won't tolerate players debating balls and strikes, because the games would drag on forever; you'll see a batter allowed a couple of words after a very big SO, but take it further and he's gone; pitch-and-b*tch isn't tolerated, either). Surely this extends to chatting in the media about your recent calls. It was a dumb move on Peel's part.
- Comment on Habs vs. Senators preview: Tokarski gets start in goal (2015-01-15 16:19:14)
When Sergei Samsonov got to his fourth or fifth team, I thought they should have started calling him 'Samsonite.'
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Blue Jackets preview: Emelin will be in lineup for Habs (2015-01-14 16:00:11)
Any Leaf who's taking PEDs these days should ask for his money back.
- Comment on Carey Price will be back in goal for Habs against Rangers as Michel Therrien coaches his 600th game (2014-10-24 15:52:27)
Classic. The only thing missing was Markov filling his cheeks full of air and letting it out just before he answers. Love when he does that.
- Comment on Tokarski gets start in goal for Habs against Capitals; Moen replaces Weise on fourth line (2014-10-09 16:39:38)
True, but how the hell does he go so fast? He is today what Dionne was back in the early '80s.