Morenz7 - (Charlie G.)Member since November 13, 2007
Habs fan since: Birth (1969)
Favorite current player: Andrei Markov
All-time favorite player: Bob Gainey
- Comment on Carey Price will be back in goal for Habs against Rangers as Michel Therrien coaches his 600th game (2014-10-24 15:52:27)
Classic. The only thing missing was Markov filling his cheeks full of air and letting it out just before he answers. Love when he does that.
- Comment on Tokarski gets start in goal for Habs against Capitals; Moen replaces Weise on fourth line (2014-10-09 16:39:38)
True, but how the hell does he go so fast? He is today what Dionne was back in the early '80s.
- Comment on Tokarski gets start in goal for Habs against Capitals; Moen replaces Weise on fourth line (2014-10-09 16:37:06)
I've seen him at a couple of off-ice events here in Toronto and he seems socially awkward—doesn't know how to project that breezy confidence all the players affect these days. A couple of years back, at the Conn Smythe Dinner, an annual charity soirée, he sat at the head table but kind of looked off in the distance and didn't talk to anyone (also, he was holding his cutlery like they were mysterious implements he'd never used before). So yeah, oddball. But whatever. My gut tightens every time he's out there against Mtl.
- Comment on Drop the puck! Canadiens set to open season in Toronto (2014-10-08 15:07:53)
That ACC Zamboni thing ... wow. Is there nothing that organization won't do for a couple of bucks?
- Comment on Habs make Jacob de la Rose their final cut before season opener (2014-10-07 17:27:22)
Please make it the Bug-eyed Walrus.
- Comment on Canadiens trade Peter Budaj to Winnipeg Jets (2014-10-06 10:44:49)
We should all have a special place in our hearts for Frankie Boo, who is ALL heart. Me? I'll think of this whenever I hear his name: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vPURa95SvQ
- Comment on Canadiens trade Peter Budaj to Winnipeg Jets (2014-10-06 10:32:07)
Agree on Tokarski. And if he thrives when given the chance (he will), it drives up his value in the eyes of some team desperate for a No. 1. Developing this excellent young goalie could pay huge dividends to the Canadiens, even if he isn't in their long-term plans.
- Comment on Habs prospects Thomas, de la Rose, Dietz will get another look against Senators (2014-10-03 14:31:24)
So Gary Bettman doesn't know how he got to be 62. I think a lot of fans are surprised he made this far, too.
- Comment on Lines taking shape as Habs prepare to face Blackhawks (with video) (2014-10-01 10:24:30)
You can find my likeness on the side of the arena in Mitchell, Ont., where I grew up. What's more, the Habs have graciously allowed the village to use the CH logo on its welcome sign on Hwy 8. I rest calm knowing my legacy is well maintained!
- Comment on Lines taking shape as Habs prepare to face Blackhawks (with video) (2014-09-30 18:07:13)
True that, and certainly they *should* be playing big minutes. But I do recall someone mooting the idea that Weaver could be the 7th D if one of the youngsters stepped up—or a least there being a 6A and 6B. It struck me as the scenario MB and MT were probably hoping for: where they ease an emerging Tinordi or Pateryn into regular duty over the course of the season. Seems sadly remote now, doesn't it?