Morenz7 - (Charlie G.)Member since November 13, 2007
Habs fan since: Birth (1969)
Favorite current player: Andrei Markov
All-time favorite player: Bob Gainey
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 74 – Canadiens win ugly (2014-03-25 20:18:00)
I used to wish Rene Bourque was as good as Raymond Bourque. Right now I'd settle for Phil.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 73 – Budaj brilliant, Galchenyuk’s Shootout goal beats Bruins (2014-03-24 17:36:18)
Tinordi's gaffe, you might have added, came about after Eller declined at the blue line to do the sensible thing and get the puck deep.
- Comment on St. Patrick’s Day at Bell Centre; Habs send Bournival to Hamilton for conditioning (2014-03-18 10:28:46)
Spring of '74, just east of Kamloops, B.C. I'm four years old and perched on the arm of my dad's barcalounger, crying because the Dryden-less Canadiens are washing out of the playoffs to the New York Rangers. I remember crying through my bath afterward and my dad telling me don't worry, they'd do much better next year. Guess he knew at that point that they had me for good.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 69 – Canadiens skunk Sabres, complete winning weekend (2014-03-16 17:56:46)
And in PK's case, about 338K do. I see nothing wrong with harnessing it, and I think he should be the face of the team, from a promotional perspective.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 69 – Canadiens skunk Sabres, complete winning weekend (2014-03-16 17:44:26)
Not sure about "Subbanation." Plays into the hands of critics who say he's narcissistic. But whatever. He's building his own brand, which is smart in today's NHL. I wish the Habs would show some enthusiasm for that part of his persona. Would he do stuff like this if they embraced his popularity, and marketed him more aggressively?
- Comment on Audio: Habs make late deal to get Vanek from Islanders; Tokarski to start against Ducks (2014-03-05 12:10:05)
Zing! That's good stuff. Gonna steal it..
- Comment on Habs prepare for busy Super Bowl weekend; Thomas to make debut (2014-02-01 09:11:12)
I salute your attitude, but some of us derive enjoyment and relaxation from hating the Bruins and everything about them--right down to their cheesy anthem singer.
- Comment on Habs call up Beaulieu, Nattinen from Hamilton (2014-01-17 11:42:21)
huzzah! Well done, you. I did get the sense it was an homage to the Habs fans, but surely he knew it would pique the whiney Ottawans too. Good on him.
- Comment on Habs call up Beaulieu, Nattinen from Hamilton (2014-01-17 11:13:42)
Seriously, are there lamer people than Sens fans? They sit around booing PK all night, and then they're shocked—SHOCKED!—when he rubs an OT goal in their faces. Hahaha!
- Comment on Habs call up Beaulieu, Nattinen from Hamilton (2014-01-17 10:56:45)
Beaulieu shoots left. His call-up makes sense given that Murray and Bouillon are the most frequent members of the taxi squad (both shoot left). But I too would like to see Pateryn get his chance. Can't be any worse than Diaz has been lately.