coutNY - (J Couture)Member since November 13, 2007
St. Louis, MO
Habs fan since: Birth
Favorite current player: Price
All-time favorite player: Roy
- Comment on Habs acquire Oilers defenceman Jeff Petry and Sabres forwards Brian Flynn and Torrey Mitchell at NHL trade deadline (2015-03-02 15:23:30)
gone to the Wild
- Comment on Habs acquire Oilers defenceman Jeff Petry and Sabres forwards Brian Flynn and Torrey Mitchell at NHL trade deadline (2015-03-02 15:16:32)
As a rookie.... this tiger's strips aren't changing into John LeClair
- Comment on Habs acquire Oilers defenceman Jeff Petry and Sabres forwards Brian Flynn and Torrey Mitchell at NHL trade deadline (2015-03-02 12:57:53)
Two Right handed Dmen... together? Kinda defeats the purpose of obtaining right handed dmen?
- Comment on Markov looking for three-year, $18-million deal: report (2014-06-16 17:52:53)
Long time nemisis Thornton not returning B's next year... hum stealing the words of col. Jessup in a few good men on Thorntons departing words... "You f@&#n' people. You have no idea how to defend a Hockey team. All you did was weaken the team today, Chiarelli." I think thats how remembered it.. ;-D
- Comment on Liveblog: Conference Final Game 2 – 3-1 loss drops Canadiens into 0-2 hole (2014-05-19 17:59:04)
Wouldn't be pretty for anybody in net to give up a couple early goals. Therrien would be questioned on either side of the decision in that case. I don't think Budaj is done, but not sure I would care much especially if Tokarsky wins. Budaj isn't ever going to push Price for for the #1 job and doesn' t have the skill to do so... Tokarski probably doesn't either but we'll always have in the back of our minds if we don't give him a chance. as far depth, we could find someone to fill in that role in the market. Budaj isn't the only backup.
- Comment on Liveblog: Conference Final Game 2 – 3-1 loss drops Canadiens into 0-2 hole (2014-05-19 17:39:01)
You talk as if the only inevitable outcome is for the Kid is to lose. All betting men would predict it, but this kid has an opportunity to inspire, get elivated by living an atmoshere like no other, while living out just about everbodies childhood dream. What if they were to start Budaj and he loses... is that nail in the coffin any different. Does going with a kid on the road with a 2 game deficit sound any more appealing? Therrien isn't going anywhere. Don't think Management can blame him for losing his #1 goalie. OR find fault with him bringing a team that was dead last in the EAST to making the playoffs, then to a conference final in the second season. This team doesn't have a superstar, with the exception of the man not playing. This is the perfect opportunity to GAMBLE. This is the safest as he'll ever be to make such a decision cause if I recall they were picked to finish out of the playoff picture, but they are play as deep as they have been in the playoffs since their last cup.
- Comment on Liveblog: Conference Final Game 2 – 3-1 loss drops Canadiens into 0-2 hole (2014-05-19 17:19:47)
I think of starting Torky as a good gamble... Budaj has never been a #1, and it usually takes a #1 to bring a team through the playoffs. Maybe the kid has these traits maybe he does not. Maybe he'll be someone that can live in the moment and steal a few games. We know what Budaj can do about average at best, below in his limited playoff expereince... and if Torky fails he'll be in with his chance. If Budaj starts and fails desparation sets in, the pressure mounts and then it'll be a lot ot ask for a youngster to dig a team out of a big hole on the road.
- Comment on Habs’ Price out for rest of Rangers series; Tokarski reported to start Game 2 (Video) (2014-05-19 14:30:11)
I have nothing against Budaj, and if Therrien wants he has all the evidence he would need for justifying going with him, as someone mention; he beat them twice earlier in the season. IMO its going to take something extraordinary, a gamble, to move on to the Cup. Maybe a special move like going the hungry kid waiting for that miracle chance every little kid dreams of, could be the difference. People tla of expereince, how much expereince does Budaj really have in a playoff situation (7 total playoff appearences 2 losses in 2 starts). I think we can all agree regular and playoff games aren't the same. Maybe this kid will steal a few games and add a spark to this team? Probably never find out.
- Comment on Habs’ Price out for rest of Rangers series; Tokarski reported to start Game 2 (Video) (2014-05-19 12:52:41)
Go with Tokarski. Maybe there is a Cinderella story to be had.
- Comment on Habs, Bruins meet for ninth time in a Game 7 (with videos) (2014-05-14 14:02:00)
Finally the Avatar got loaded