Desi - (David W. DeSmith)Member since November 13, 2007
Cousins Island, Maine
Habs fan since: 1968
Favorite current player: Chris Higgins
All-time favorite player: Yvan Cournoyer
- Comment on Gionta’s season is over; Prust, White out for Game 5; Price listed as day-to-day (2013-05-08 13:20:20)
But I'll be rooting for them and hoping for a miracle anyway!
- Comment on Gionta’s season is over; Prust, White out for Game 5; Price listed as day-to-day (2013-05-08 13:20:15)
No Eller. No Prust. No Gionta. No Ryan White. No Emelin. And in all likelihood, no Carey Price. MaxPac playing hurt. Markov a shadow of his former self. Desharnais invisible. Ryder playing like he's 60 years old. We can't get any bopdies in front of the Sens net -- and when we do, our shots are met by the stone wall that is Anderson. It's a miracle that this undersized and underpowered team has gotten as far as it has. For them to win one more period would surprise me, much less a game. We are done, whether it's official yet or not. It's all over but the crying -- and whatever subsequent bleeding may ensue.
- Comment on Gionta’s season is over; Prust, White out for Game 5; Price listed as day-to-day (2013-05-08 13:13:39)
It's simple. We don't have forwards with good shots. Not one is a bona fide sniper or anything close. Subban is about ourn only player who you cuold say has a good shot. Markov missed an open net that would have iced the game for us late in the second. Goal scoring has been a problem for this team for far too long. Couple it with a pourous defense, no physical game, and shaky goaltending and you have to wonder how they ever made the playoffs.
- Comment on Habs, hockey, Special Olympics mourn Frank Selke Jr. (2013-03-19 10:38:53)
The kid has the third-best plus-minus on the team. He's learning to play a responsible, third-line, defensive role at this point and doing that very well. The goals will come, I'm sure -- but I'm happy to see him taking his third-line role seriously and making sure that he's not making rookie mistakes that cost us games. "First, do no harm" is a good mantra for any rookie and he's adopted that credo. When the goals do start coming for him, we'll hopefully just win games by bigger margins.
- Comment on Prust, Armstrong, Gallagher sign for charity Friday in Brossard (2013-02-15 13:51:30)
He did. He looked like the Theo of 2002.
- Comment on Prust, Armstrong, Gallagher sign for charity Friday in Brossard (2013-02-15 13:40:18)
I agree, 24 -- but I wonder if our record is also a function of having a pretty easy schedule so far. As we lpay more games against NYR, PIT and BOS, I'm a little fearful that our inability to score goals against better teams is going to show. Hopefully the speed the team has and the puck pursuit and forechecking system that MT has put in place will compensate and we keep the W train moving.
- Comment on Prust, Armstrong, Gallagher sign for charity Friday in Brossard (2013-02-15 13:26:55)
I can't agree. One or two of those would be nice, for sure, but where this team struggles more (against good teams) is in the scoring dept. More than defensive muscle, we need more size up front and a bona fide sniper.
- Comment on Diaz gracious winner of very unofficial Swiss scoring award (2013-01-16 19:33:56)
The Subban dance is sickening -- not because each side is trying to get what it wants. That's to be expected. But the time it is taking is just plain stupid. The Habs want X, Subban wants Z. The compromise is pretty obviously something like Y. So why does it take months, weeks, days -- even hours -- to work that out? The answer is that one or both parties prefer to play chicken at the expense of the team. This pisseth Desi off and eats into further into the respect that I have for Bergevin and Subban. If both sides would put the emphasis on working this out that it deserves, it could be decided in two hours. Shame on both parties for this dance of idiocy they are choosing.
- Comment on Training camp notes, Day 3 (2013-01-15 19:37:43)
This is the analogy of the year N-R. Well said!
- Comment on Training camp notes, Day 2 (2013-01-14 21:35:27)
It is nicely alliterative -- but Gomez was not petulant. If anything, his manner was worse than petulant because it was masked behind a well crafted Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm demeanor.