munch17 - (Manuel)Member since April 10, 2009
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Habs’ OT loss to Penguins infuriates Carey Price (2015-01-11 17:48:01)
It is hard to understand why DD is on the power play and it is also understand how he keeps putting him and Max on the four on four in the overtime. There is simply no magic there. I like Weisse and I like Prust but when they are playing on the second and third lines it shows us how little depth we have. They can come in and substitute for one or two games and get good results. If they are there on a constant basis you can see the weaknesses that they have playing with better players.
- Comment on No changes to Habs lineup against Lightning (2015-01-06 14:17:24)
Pedro loved Montreal - but I doubt if he will wear an Expos cap. I was lucky enough to be at the Big O a few times when he pitched - including one game when he had a perfect game going into the 8th inning - he hit a Reds batter - ( I think it was Sanders) who charged the mound - as if Pedro intentionally hit him when pitching a perfect game! What a joy to watch.
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Lightning preview (2015-01-05 17:21:00)
Thank You.That is exactly the point. Sometimes our players are considered small and others aren't. Reway has tremendous speed and vision. Time will tell whether or not he can play in NHL. But if he were on Team Canada they would be calling him a " can't miss".
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Lightning preview (2015-01-05 16:44:36)
It's interesting to see the hype re team Canada and some of the juniors. Domi and Petan have been excellent - both are 5'9". I wonder how Reway ( 5'9") and Lehkonen ( 5'11") would do with Lazar et al. They are considered small - but not the others. Along the same line = Duclair looks good - among the 2013 draft class only he and one other player drafted after the first round have goals in the NHL - Duclair ( 1 ) and Sven Andrighetto ( 2). Timmins is doing OK.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens end 2014 with a win, take over top spot (2014-12-30 21:57:17)
Pleks line can definitely be called two and a half men.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens win out of Christmas break (2014-12-29 21:44:10)
Eller is now tied with Patrick Kane for league lead in game winning goals with 5.
- Comment on Beaulieu gets a promotion as Therrien juggles Habs’ lineup (2014-12-28 08:37:28)
These lines make a lot of sense. Therrien wants Eller to be the shutdown center. It would make no sense for him to have a DD and Parenteau on the wings. He has shown good chemistry with Sekac and I am sure we will see both Prust and Weisse on the wings. This allows Pleks to have more offensive responsibility. The big question will be whether or not DD can contribute on a regular basis. He's not a first-line center and is not a third line checking winger. I hope MT keeps these lines together to give them a chance.
- Comment on Saku Koivu expects ‘awesome, emotional’ Bell Centre tribute (2014-12-17 13:10:00)
The next big controversy on HIO will be where Eller plays when he is back. For some reason he does not get the respect he deserves - especially often on L'Antichambre. Interestingly he is # 5 for goals scored among Habs forwards - with no PP time and tough assignments. And only Patrick Kane has more game winning goals than Lars.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-12-13 09:33:37)
I agree - was happy to see him score. He may do better on the wing - and also with reduced minutes - last night around 13.
- Comment on Canadiens given day off Sunday while fans pay their respects to Jean Béliveau (2014-12-07 18:54:36)