munch17 - (Manuel)Member since April 10, 2009
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Saku Koivu expects ‘awesome, emotional’ Bell Centre tribute (2014-12-17 13:10:00)
The next big controversy on HIO will be where Eller plays when he is back. For some reason he does not get the respect he deserves - especially often on L'Antichambre. Interestingly he is # 5 for goals scored among Habs forwards - with no PP time and tough assignments. And only Patrick Kane has more game winning goals than Lars.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-12-13 09:33:37)
I agree - was happy to see him score. He may do better on the wing - and also with reduced minutes - last night around 13.
- Comment on Canadiens given day off Sunday while fans pay their respects to Jean Béliveau (2014-12-07 18:54:36)
- Comment on About last night … (2014-12-07 10:23:07)
Not as it relates to developing young players.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-12-07 09:20:14)
Our biggest problem is Carey Price. He keeps us in every game, makes things looks easy. So MT thinks we have a chance every game. So no time for 27 to develop as a center ( needs experience? - give him 10 games) and no way for Nate and Tiny to develop as D-men (they need NHL experience). Maybe the DD on the PP is over and 27 and 26 will start to be used there more.
- Comment on Mike Weaver will return to Habs lineup vs. Blackhawks, while Bryan Allen is healthy scratch (2014-12-05 16:09:39)
DD line = 18 goals. Plek line = 20 goals Lars line = 17 goals. Hard to number these as 1-2-3. The thing is one of these lines has the most O-zone starts as well as PP starts ( guess). In 27 games the Habs have scored first about 10 or 11 times. In spite of the preferential ice time DD and Max have only 2 goals that opened the scoring. It is key to try and get an early goal or PP goal - but our so called offensive line doesn't get it done. Clearly making the same mistake over and over again is indeed insanity. If MT wants to stifle Max - keep these lines - but at least give the others a chance to succeed.
- Comment on Thomas Vanek and Wild up next for Canadiens (2014-12-02 16:03:47)
I think the only way you could trade DD is throw in a 2nd or 3rd round pick and get nothing in return.
- Comment on Thomas Vanek and Wild up next for Canadiens (2014-12-02 12:17:34)
Michael McCarron invited to U.S. junior camp - he is really starting to be noticed ( besides being 6'6 which is hard to miss).
- Comment on About last night … (2014-12-02 09:00:40)
It was interesting to read Pat Hickey's description of the winning goal - Desharnais sent 67 on a 2 on 1. Basically DD fell in the o-zone and lost the puck which created an Avalanche rush. PK sent the puck around the boards and DD almost turned it over again at the blue line but the puck deflected off an opponent to Max who scored on the rush. DD cannot help but pick up points playing with Max - but how much better would Max be with 27, 14 , or 81??
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens win a wild one (2014-12-01 23:29:41)
So if DD falls on his ass, misses the pass, but because he plays with 67 he gets an assist. What a joke. He is becoming the fourth center on this team.