munch17 - (Manuel)Member since April 10, 2009
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Habs acquire defenceman Weaver from Panthers; Price back on ice (2014-03-04 18:33:31)
Poor Roberto. He heard he was going to Florida and thought " Great - I get to play with Mike Weaver". And then nooooooooo. He's gone.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 62 – Canadiens blow lead but beat Leafs in OT (2014-03-01 21:34:47)
Decline the penalty?
- Comment on No changes expected to Habs lineup against Leafs (2014-02-28 17:16:19)
I hope winning will mean more than sneaking into the playoffs.
- Comment on No changes expected to Habs lineup against Leafs (2014-02-28 17:00:22)
Lots of talk about Lars Eller. He's strong,he's big.he hits,has pretty good hands - obviously not a fit for the Habs. In the last two years he has played 107 games and has 18 goals and 33 assists for 51 points ( .47 PPG) He kills penalties , and is given no PP time. David Desharnais has played 106 games, scored 21 goals, 41 assists for 62 points ( .58 PPG).. He plays with the top wingers and doesn't get shuffled around. He plays top PP minutes and doesn't contribute defensively. He is soft and easy to play against. He goes down like a rag doll.It is laughable. We could win with Lars Eller as the number 3 center. WE WILL NEVER BE A WINNING TEAM WITH DAVID DESHARNAIS AS THE NUMBER ONE CENTER.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 61 – Desharnais wins insane game in Shootout (2014-02-27 22:25:53)
Therrien has destroyed him. He won't play for him any more - and I don't blame him.
- Comment on Liveblog: Olympic Games, semifinal: Canada 1, U.S. 0 (2014-02-21 19:26:03)
Tomorrow at 10. Sunday at 7. I think.
- Comment on Price will start for Canada against Latvia; Subban a healthy scratch (2014-02-18 17:43:05)
Players on Team Canada are used to playing lots of minutes - last game prior to olympics Tavares played over 22 minutes and Pietroangelo over 28. I think that they need to create their top 3 lines with their top 9 forwards ( my math skills are excellent) and roll 3 lines. I don't think these guys get into any kind of rhythm playing 12 minutes. They have not played much hockey in the last 2 weeks and are all in great shape.
- Comment on Liveblog: Olympic Games, Game 3: Canada 2, Finland 1, OT (2014-02-16 20:56:40)
The reason we have no forwards in Hamilton is that 2011 and 2010 we took D-men with our number one picks ( NB and JT ) and in both those years we had no number 2 and 3 picks. In 2009 we had # 2 pick and in 2008 no # 1 pick. Hopefully in the next couple years we will see the kids from the 2012 and 2013 drafts - years we traded for picks as opposed to trading them away.
- Comment on Dick Irvin the special guest on this week’s HI/O Show (2014-02-06 11:53:24)
They haven't replaced Stamkos yet so keep your fingers crossed. Max will surely be disappointed with any center he plays with. None can be as good as DD.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-02-05 11:47:23)
I thought what MT did last night was pathetic. Putting DD and Max out for the last few seconds with an empty net and man advantage was ridiculous. White's and Eller's line worked hard , contributed , and deserved a candy. I don't know how MT can face those players. I think DD looked embarrassed. They had zero shots last night at that point.