geo_habsgo - (George)Member since April 4, 2009
Habs fan since: Birth
Favorite current player: Saku Koivu
All-time favorite player: Jean Beliveau
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens win a wild one (2014-10-08 19:52:01)
Beaulieu in alone and nobody watching him. Once he pops a few goals he will stop getting all that space.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens win a wild one (2014-10-08 19:49:11)
So Desharnais does not want to shoot?
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens win a wild one (2014-10-08 19:42:19)
Sekac is so tenacious and feisty on the ice. He's fun to watch! Like the Tasmanian Devil!
- Comment on Habs coach Therrien happy with his four centres (2014-09-20 11:39:36)
Watching the scrimmage and I've noticed that it is extremely hard to gauge talent based off the game since there is no hitting. Watching a line of Subban and Emelin on D and with both of them not being able to use their physical game they look much weaker than they would in a real game. There were a couple of instances where Emelin could have levelled some of the guys and what became scoring chances would have never happened. That being said. Parenteau-Desharnais-Pacioretty looks like an electric line. They were completely dominant in the offensive zone and that is what we need them to be if they are going to be a true N. 1 line. Additionally, Fucale is looking impressive. He has excellent vision and rebound control. Good for him.
- Comment on Bozon at Habs’ rookie camp after battling meningitis (2014-09-13 12:23:31)
Manage to grab white seats to the detroit game october 21. Should be a good time! Hope everyone trying today finds some luck :)
- Comment on Bozon at Habs’ rookie camp after battling meningitis (2014-09-13 08:18:26)
I was looking at the prospective roster today and I was realizing what a headache it is going to be for coaching staff to pencil players in this season. If you want certain players to make a step forward and take command of their natural position (a la galchanyuk) it likely means pushing another player out of that position. Then you have players like Desharnais and Plekanek who own their positions at centre for the time being. I didn't even factor in any rookies who might make a big push but this years habs squad looks like its going to feature a lot of in-squad competition. Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher Eller - Galchenyuk - Bourque Parenteau - Plekanek - Bournival Weise - Malhotra - Prust Subban - Tinordi Markov - Emelin Beaulieu - Weaver
- Comment on Habs ink three-year deal with Sportsnet for regional TV coverage (2014-09-02 18:27:27)
Hey thanks B. I never knew that! Appreciate it.
- Comment on Habs ink three-year deal with Sportsnet for regional TV coverage (2014-09-02 17:24:39)
I think the team is getting to the point with some of the more fringe prospects that are maturing where they either earn their stripes now or move on and out of our cupboard. I wouldn't mind giving some of these players a longer look if it means that we can get a cheap gritty player that knows his role.
- Comment on Habs ink three-year deal with Sportsnet for regional TV coverage (2014-09-02 17:22:36)
I should subscribe to that again. I miss the days when I could just sit down and read the paper. Took it for granted when I could. Now I'm on the go and out the door to work before 7!
- Comment on Habs ink three-year deal with Sportsnet for regional TV coverage (2014-09-02 17:06:53)
To any Gazette staff that may read: As a general service to us members who are otherwise too lazy to search our channel guide, would it be possible this season if on game days you made mention of what channels to tune into for game broadcast? At least for us folk who live in Montreal it would be nice to know where to look!