geo_habsgo - (George)Member since April 4, 2009
Habs fan since: Birth
Favorite current player: Saku Koivu
All-time favorite player: Jean Beliveau
- Comment on About last night … (2015-02-25 12:58:18)
Crazy to think that Pacioretty has put together four 30-goal seasons in a row and at the beginning of his career it took him almost 35 games to score 3! Great to watch his development as a player. He's definitely the most dedicated Canadien.
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Blues preview (with video): Pacioretty named NHL’s third star of week (2015-02-24 10:46:19)
Dumbest trade I've seen. Really not liking this. What was wrong with how Sekac was developing?
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Blues preview (with video): Pacioretty named NHL’s third star of week (2015-02-24 09:05:10)
I also think a guy like Kessel, for all the goal scoring talent he has will go the way of Gomez in Montreal. He can barely hack it with the Toronto media and it would be even uglier for him here if he comes to camp out of shape or doesn't want to play nice with MTL media. He's the type of player that fizzles out in a tough town like MTL. Notice the players that flourish here. It is all the players that are FANS of the team themselves or who just love playing the game. Those are the ones that are not irked by the primetime spot or just don't care cause its a necessary evil for getting to play around.
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Blues preview (with video): Pacioretty named NHL’s third star of week (2015-02-24 08:54:39)
How is Thomas-De La Rose-Secac Not a line? Bottom six would look so much sexier if it was Thomas-De La Rose- Secac Prust - Bournival (Malhotra) - Weise That third line would be defensively sound and have some offensive threat with DLR and Secac giving Thomas the space he needs...
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens win a wild one (2014-10-08 19:52:01)
Beaulieu in alone and nobody watching him. Once he pops a few goals he will stop getting all that space.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens win a wild one (2014-10-08 19:49:11)
So Desharnais does not want to shoot?
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens win a wild one (2014-10-08 19:42:19)
Sekac is so tenacious and feisty on the ice. He's fun to watch! Like the Tasmanian Devil!
- Comment on Habs coach Therrien happy with his four centres (2014-09-20 11:39:36)
Watching the scrimmage and I've noticed that it is extremely hard to gauge talent based off the game since there is no hitting. Watching a line of Subban and Emelin on D and with both of them not being able to use their physical game they look much weaker than they would in a real game. There were a couple of instances where Emelin could have levelled some of the guys and what became scoring chances would have never happened. That being said. Parenteau-Desharnais-Pacioretty looks like an electric line. They were completely dominant in the offensive zone and that is what we need them to be if they are going to be a true N. 1 line. Additionally, Fucale is looking impressive. He has excellent vision and rebound control. Good for him.
- Comment on Bozon at Habs’ rookie camp after battling meningitis (2014-09-13 12:23:31)
Manage to grab white seats to the detroit game october 21. Should be a good time! Hope everyone trying today finds some luck :)
- Comment on Bozon at Habs’ rookie camp after battling meningitis (2014-09-13 08:18:26)
I was looking at the prospective roster today and I was realizing what a headache it is going to be for coaching staff to pencil players in this season. If you want certain players to make a step forward and take command of their natural position (a la galchanyuk) it likely means pushing another player out of that position. Then you have players like Desharnais and Plekanek who own their positions at centre for the time being. I didn't even factor in any rookies who might make a big push but this years habs squad looks like its going to feature a lot of in-squad competition. Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher Eller - Galchenyuk - Bourque Parenteau - Plekanek - Bournival Weise - Malhotra - Prust Subban - Tinordi Markov - Emelin Beaulieu - Weaver