BlouinMember since March 12, 2009
Habs fan since: Birth
Favorite current player: Plekanec/Price (Ovechkin gets honourable nod)
All-time favorite player: Roy
- Comment on Price will start for Canada against Latvia; Subban a healthy scratch (2014-02-18 11:15:47)
Hey Boone - Can you (or any designee) live blog from Brossard? I'm in serious CH withdraws right now. I'll even take a Youppi update. Much appreciated.
- Comment on Habs get day off Sunday to lick their wounds (2014-01-26 13:16:24)
A couple of notes on the Habs: I really think Diaz is done regardless of their playoff aspirations. He can move the puck and has decent first-pass vision from his own zone, but he plays too soft which is an unfortunate pattern of a couple Habs defensemen. His shot from the point is notoriously inaccurate. Trading him won’t net much since he’s been a healthy scratch from a batch of blueliners that leave much, much to be desired. With regard to Gionta, I can actually see him getting moved to improve the team. He still possesses some sniper skill, but not nearly as much as they need. It’s not unheard of to move a captain, but if the return is right or it opens up a wing on Plekanec’s line for someone younger, faster, and with better hands, I see Bergevin making that move. To chime in on Letang: I agree with those in the camp that teams will always take the long look on a player with a massively expensive contract and an injury history. One day I’d like to visit Bizzaro World to see some of these arm chair GMs try to run a hockey team for a season or two and see what results are. Could you imagine?
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens at Islanders (2013-03-21 21:27:19)
Markov is so smart defensively. Between that and his vision moving the puck, he's worth everything it took to get him here.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens at Islanders (2013-03-21 21:25:30)
Agreed. Looks like he's just floating out there.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens at Islanders (2013-03-21 21:21:29)
yes, we we love Gallagher! Oui Oui love Gallagher!
- Comment on Ryder ready to face Sabres (2013-03-18 16:55:04)
Let's take a second to remember the great Frank Selke. A true ambassador for our game; a pillar among the greats who refused to stop helping those less fortunate than he. We could all learn a thing or two.
- Comment on Ryder ready to face Sabres (2013-03-18 16:51:03)
What are you replacing the shootout with? A tie? Two OTs first? Or can we kick it playoff style and just keep playing until someone scores? On a side note: I'm slightly embarrassed for the SE division. When the team below you in the standings is about 10 points better (I'm not going to mention who), it says a lot about your division. Perhaps this whole realignment thing will make it less ridiculous.
- Comment on Bourque has surgery, out for a while (2012-08-29 21:14:21)
So what's Bourque? "Torn & Scorned?"
- Comment on CBA talks turn sour (2012-08-12 11:53:27)
Fingers are crossed, my friend! Here's a question for the broader commentariat: Would there be interest in a Boston-area HIO Summit? I can't be the only fan around these parts, eh? Give me a shout at unpluckedgems (at) gmail.com.
- Comment on Again, Tim Thomas (2012-07-27 09:01:04)
Haha! You're totally right. It's been almost a week since this site had a headline-worthy Habs story.