sgmcfarlane - (Shaun McFarlane)Member since March 12, 2009
Habs fan since: 1977
Favorite current player: Plekanec
All-time favorite player: Guy Lafleur
Ca sente la coupe!
- Comment on Pacioretty, Gionta join Eller on sidelines; two-game suspension for Sens’ Gryba (2013-05-03 16:46:42)
Blaming the ice for Eller's injury is directly analogous to blaming the stanchion for Paccioretty's broken neck. And indeed some did blame an inanimate piece of metal and plastic for that debacle. The real villain here is the guy in charge of ice at the Bell Centre -- why does it have to be so hard? Ca sente la coupe!
- Comment on Pacioretty, Gionta join Eller on sidelines; two-game suspension for Sens’ Gryba (2013-05-03 16:40:47)
Seems like this might help clarify the dirty/clean hit issue: The player (Eller) was vulnerable. Fact. Primary contact was to the head. Fact. It's physically impossible to fall flat on your face, unprotected, if you're conscious. Fact. Therefore the contact to the head knocked him unconscious. Unnmistakeable conclusion. So, should a hit that makes primary contact with a vulnerable players head, of sufficient force to cause him to lose consciousness, be a suspendable offense? Disregard the blood and the injury and hospitalization: the suspension was earned before Eller's head hit the ice. Ca sente la coupe!
- Comment on About last night … (terse and pithy edition) (2013-05-03 00:42:28)
Who should play goal in Game 2? Really?! Come on people quit trying to spin up controversy and drama. It's friendly fire like this that makes Montreal a toxic place to play and why we can never sign the free agents we need. Carey is our goalie. Get behind him and the team, it's one game. Go Habs! Ca sente la coupe!
- Comment on Liveblog: Senators draw first blood … literally (2013-05-02 20:45:50)
OK Habs. Run Anderson every play now until they need the stretcher again. The gloves are off.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens at Leafs (2013-04-27 15:50:01)
A little off topic ... but ... Q: How many Bruins fans did it take to screw in a lightbulb? A: One, and he barely touched it, but it embellished itself into place.
- Comment on Liveblog: Sabres at Canadiens (2013-03-19 22:46:51)
Protest the game ... roll back the score to 2-2 ... and the time to the ridiculous phantom penalty on PK ... replay the remainder of overtime Saturday night before puck drop ... and Referee have your resignation on my desk by 8AM tomorrow. Then see an eye doctor. I demand satisfaction! Ca sente la coupe!
- Comment on Canadiens hold afternoon practice (2012-03-07 22:15:52)
Leafs lose again ... miss the playoffs again ... 67 games ... 67 points ... 1967 ... (45 years of futility and counting!) BAAAAAHAHAHAHA
- Comment on Liveblog: Week begins weakly (2012-01-31 22:08:28)
Two words: Gauthier: sell.
- Comment on Game 42: Pacioretty caps Canadiens’ comeback (2011-01-09 00:36:15)
Chara's douchebaggery is only exceeded by the Boston media. They deserve each other.
- Comment on Game 42: Pacioretty caps Canadiens’ comeback (2011-01-09 00:29:29)
Agreed. There's no loss of confidence -- look at him move the puck up-ice. Last month he was blamed for a loss after hammering a shot into the blocking forward's shin pads and setting up an odd man break for a goal. Right before he got benched. He has learned and shown a lot of patience lately. Good for PK, and good for the Habs.