doug19 - (Doug Foster)Member since March 10, 2009
Habs fan since: last year of the Rockets career
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player: Heni Richard
- Comment on Eller agrees to four-year, $14-million deal with Habs (2014-07-24 22:19:03)
I like Eller he was great in the playoffs. He is a stronger skater with much more upside.
- Comment on Gionta, Gorges headed to Sabres; Habs sign Malhotra, Weaver and others (2014-07-02 21:58:28)
Watching the signings it seems to me some GMs are team building and some cap building. How do players who are bought out then get signed for 20 million for four years. I believe Grabosky is a good player that TO screwed up. So they lost with him in the playoffs! Now they are not even in them! The Habs signing 36 year old Briere for 8 million over 2 was not brilliant. Fortunately Colorado wanted him for one year? Should I mention the 7 million dollar man? Is he and Komisarik still available?
- Comment on Gionta, Gorges headed to Sabres; Habs sign Malhotra, Weaver and others (2014-07-02 11:14:42)
Briere and Gionta's games were built on speed. Not just skating but the reaction time to go with it. The Roadrunner and Flower while sill fast lost the split second. B & G at 36-37 have lost this also and things do not work as they once did. Now if you have exceptional genes and your style of play is a Mr. Hockey or a Jean Ratelle or even Martin Saint Louis its a different outcome. Perhaps B & G can tweek their style somewhere else. Best to them.
- Comment on Gionta, Gorges headed to Sabres; Habs sign Malhotra, Weaver and others (2014-07-01 18:56:01)
The Canadiens future is much brighter now!
- Comment on Gionta, Gorges headed to Sabres; Habs sign Malhotra, Weaver and others (2014-07-01 18:54:31)
The Habs did not get better now, but their future is much better!
- Comment on Gorges stunned by Habs’ desire to trade him, now waiting for next move (2014-07-01 05:26:56)
I like Gorges and his dedication and sacrifice and wish him well.I remember that diving save he made in the playoffs ( I do not remember which game). The problem for the Habs cap aside, is they have not had defensemen who can punish opposing players in their own end for several years. This puts our now premiere goaltender at peril. It also requires more back checking by forwards who are suppose to also score. I loved this year when Murray stepped into someone and flattened them. But he couldn't do it consistently and was not too mobile. Sure PK and Emelin can throw a good check, but who can flatten players in the crease or take them out completely behind the net? There is too low an admission price to the Habs zone which has to change IMO.
- Comment on Habs’ Subban already in gym training for next season; Gorges could be on way out (2014-06-30 10:06:54)
I believe Tampa Bays trade with Sam Gagner frees up money for a Vanek to go with a Stamkos.
- Comment on Habs’ Price out for rest of Rangers series; Tokarski reported to start Game 2 (Video) (2014-05-19 16:28:10)
Budai was lights in when he played against Ottawa last year. With better coaching, preparation and this motivation he could still have a lights out game. Tokarski really excelled in the games he played for Habs this year. His record indicates playing better under pressure. This will be exciting to see. I hope we soon see Alex Galchenyuk . How is he in big games this year? Vanek, does he have a couple more gears?
- Comment on Habs’ Price out for rest of Rangers series; Tokarski reported to start Game 2 (Video) (2014-05-19 16:17:18)
Well Milan Lucic is bounced off the hook by Chris Cheeper. His move into Carey and his comments give Milan a halo in comparison. Boston never sank this low and kudo's to them.
- Comment on Liveblog: Eastern semifinal Game 7 – Bye-bye Bruins! Canadiens win 3-1, advance to Conference final (2014-05-14 22:21:14)
Yes he is consistently pathetic. He tries to dress classy to hide the truth. All his penalty comments after the first period, man oh man. The Bruins should hire their own ref. Glad the refs quit giving them the upper hand allowing their unsportsman antics. YEH HABS!!