Ian_Habs4life - (Ian Boudreau)Member since February 26, 2009
Habs fan since: 1990 ( Year of birth )
Favorite current player: Price Prust, Galchenyuk ,Gallagher, Subban & Eller
All-time favorite player: Roy
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 45 – Philly Phutility continues with 3-1 loss (2014-01-08 17:49:05)
I didn't realize this but the last time they won in Philly was April 2nd 2010. I was at that game ( best birthday present ever )... just felt like sharing lol.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 42 – Canadiens win a wild one in Dallas to begin 2014 (2014-01-02 19:26:07)
Daniel Briere is a proud guy and obviously isn't happy with his situation. How long before both the player and team look for a better fit?— Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger) January 2, 2014
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 42 – Canadiens win a wild one in Dallas to begin 2014 (2014-01-02 19:20:01)
I just found this on TheFourthPeriod.com The Daniel Briere experiment in Montreal hasn't gone anywhere close to what the Canadiens or the veteran forward expected, so far this season. Briere, 36, joined the Habs on July 5, 2013, after signing a two-year, $8 million contract with the club. The native of Gatineau, Quebec, has struggled this season, registering five goals and five assists for 10 points in 28 games so far, while battling concussion symptoms. He has also voiced his discontent with the coaching staff and management about the way he is being used, as he's seen little action on any of the Habs' top-two lines. Canadiens GM Marc Bergevin has made it known to some teams that he would be willing to trade Briere, if the interest was there. Briere, a two-time NHL All-Star, was expected to boost the Canadiens' offense this season, an area in which the team is desperately trying to improve. Bergevin has been actively trying to acquire a top-six forward with some size and an eye for the net, but such a significant move might prove to be too difficult to complete mid-season. The Habs have been linked to Winnipeg Jets sniper Evander Kane, and were rumored to have some interest in Colorado Avalanche center Paul Stastny, who is in the final year of his contract. Briere, who has recently been a healthy scratch for the Habs, has a no-movement clause in his contract, but it's believed he would be willing to waive it under the right conditions. It's unclear if the Canadiens have approached Briere about waiving his NMC
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 42 – Canadiens win a wild one in Dallas to begin 2014 (2014-01-02 19:15:43)
Where did all these rumors come from ??
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 31 – Canadiens win ugly for fifth in a row (2013-12-07 18:36:51)
This Eklund guy is saying we are targeting Ryan O'Reilly. Also he said something about it being a Huge trade.... I don't really believe him.
- Comment on Habs going for fifth straight win against Sabres (2013-12-07 14:38:50)
Maybe just getting rid of Bourques contract would be good enough. Foligno carries almost the same cap hit but for less term. Foligno is done after 2014-2015 & Bourque is done after 2015-2016. Im also sort of getting fed up of Bourques Ryder-esque play....
- Comment on Habs get day off Friday; Pateryn sent to Hamilton (2013-11-08 16:53:18)
With all that change in florida maybe we can trade desharnais there.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 14: Road weekend starts with 4-3 loss in Minnesota (2013-11-01 22:33:46)
We need to trade DD... any takers.... please....
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 7 – Canadiens 5 – Columbus 3 in a barnburner (2013-10-17 20:18:21)
This Bournival kid is going to be something special. I am really excited to see where this team will be in 2 years once all the kids hit their stride. Subban ,Price ,Eller ,Gally ,Chucky ,Bournival ,Tinordi Beaulieu. With a good mix of veterans this team seems like it could be a contender.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 5 – Senators end Canadiens season (2013-05-09 21:55:27)
Classy move by the sens. On the home page of their official website it thanks Montreal for a great series. Overall it was a fun year, alot better than 15th place. Hopefully we can get better and bigger in the offseason. Looking forward to a great 2013-2014 season! Go Habs Go