oldandslo - (Mr. Al)Member since August 31, 2010
Habs fan since: 1970
Favorite current player: Subban
All-time favorite player: Lafleur
- Comment on Habs invite 50 players to development camp (2014-07-04 17:58:45)
Hey dummy Brazil is the team in the YELLOW jerseys today!
- Comment on About last night … (2014-04-23 09:23:35)
You have to understand the “why” behind Ron MacLean’s noxious eruption last night. He is simply the wellhead of the vast underground reservoir of misery that is Leaf nation. A nation of envious losers reduced wishing their execrable hockey existence on the fans of other Canadian teams. A nation that has to be fed BS about “unfairness” in an uncompetitive four-game sweep of a series. Why? When did the freakin’ Tampa Bay Lightning become the darlings of our country? They’re not – of course but they do serve a purpose as the vectors of spreading despondency to those fanbases still singing Oh Canada with playoff passion.
- Comment on Habs’ Prust out for rest of regular season; Galchenyuk moves to centre (2014-03-22 10:59:13)
Not too get too picky but N. Meningitis is bacterial not viral. I say this not to be a know-it-all but because there are vaccines available. Those of you with kids should strongly consider this option for your pre-teens.
- Comment on Habs hold optional skate before facing Canucks, acquire Czarnik from Kings (2014-02-05 14:02:41)
So the great plan is to win our games 1-0 from now on? What a puny plan.......
- Comment on Bourque on line with Brière, Bournival at practice; Leblanc called up from Hamilton (2014-01-20 15:55:45)
Cool pairing Gorges and Beaulieu - that way the rookie gets the blame for the "character guy's" glaring mistakes.
- Comment on Subban will win Norris Trophy: report; Melanson bashes Price (2013-06-12 07:19:17)
The swarm was conceived to compensate for our soft shrimps' inability to win one-on-battles in our D-zone. We better size-up over the summer or else........
- Comment on Avalanche names Roy as new head coach (2013-05-24 09:37:25)
The critical factor is time. Since the opposing player went outside/inside Thrower was left with milliseconds to decide how to hit and adjust his body accordingly. I am against all hits to the head just like I am against all high-sticking but we all realize that sometimes it's an unavoidable accident. He should be punished nevertheless in order to assure that all players take responsibility for the hits they make. However, this type of hit is circumstantial and all defence men (even Lady Byng candidates) will occasionally infringe.
- Comment on Habs GM Bergevin “100 per cent” behind Carey Price (2013-05-14 11:41:28)
Hey with DD's "prowess" on face-offs we'll need fourth liners who can play without the puck.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 5 – Senators end Canadiens season (2013-05-09 15:49:22)
Saw that - he sounded sincere - very sincere....NOT!!
- Comment on Update from morning skate: Budaj in for Price, Blunden for Prust (2013-05-09 14:47:44)
Politics was always a vile endeavour because of corporate cash and greed not because we're running out of retired farmers FFS. Next you'll be waxing nostalgic for kitchen-bound womenfolk - right?