oldandslo - (Mr. Al)Member since August 31, 2010
Habs fan since: 1970
Favorite current player: Subban
All-time favorite player: Lafleur
- Comment on Subban will win Norris Trophy: report; Melanson bashes Price (2013-06-12 07:19:17)
The swarm was conceived to compensate for our soft shrimps' inability to win one-on-battles in our D-zone. We better size-up over the summer or else........
- Comment on Avalanche names Roy as new head coach (2013-05-24 09:37:25)
The critical factor is time. Since the opposing player went outside/inside Thrower was left with milliseconds to decide how to hit and adjust his body accordingly. I am against all hits to the head just like I am against all high-sticking but we all realize that sometimes it's an unavoidable accident. He should be punished nevertheless in order to assure that all players take responsibility for the hits they make. However, this type of hit is circumstantial and all defence men (even Lady Byng candidates) will occasionally infringe.
- Comment on Habs GM Bergevin “100 per cent” behind Carey Price (2013-05-14 11:41:28)
Hey with DD's "prowess" on face-offs we'll need fourth liners who can play without the puck.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 5 – Senators end Canadiens season (2013-05-09 15:49:22)
Saw that - he sounded sincere - very sincere....NOT!!
- Comment on Update from morning skate: Budaj in for Price, Blunden for Prust (2013-05-09 14:47:44)
Politics was always a vile endeavour because of corporate cash and greed not because we're running out of retired farmers FFS. Next you'll be waxing nostalgic for kitchen-bound womenfolk - right?
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 4 – Canadiens blow 2-0 lead, lose in OT (2013-05-07 18:29:33)
You honestly believe Ottawa is paying any kind of special attention to DD?
- Comment on Gionta, White out with upper-body injuries (video) (2013-05-07 18:18:49)
Well said. A critic is not a hater except in the eyes of the insecure.
- Comment on About last night … (2013-05-06 15:00:49)
The only energy I see DD expend is his crawling around on all fours after getting slapped-aside by bored defencemen.
- Comment on About last night … (2013-05-06 14:57:41)
Coach won't do that because it will make the le patron's decision to gift DD with a lovely contract look bad... very bad. In real life what happens when you make the boss look foolish? You guessed it - so enjoy the quality minutes DD will be thrilling us with.
- Comment on About last night … (2013-05-06 09:32:18)
How does the DD contract square with the work in progress? If I'm Molson I insist on no big contracts to shrimps unless they demonstrate beyond reasonable doubt that they are playoff horses.