Beaco - (Alan Springer)Member since February 18, 2009
Habs fan since: 1979
Favorite current player: PK
All-time favorite player: Roy
- Comment on Habs’ Pacioretty growing into leadership role both on and off the ice (2014-12-21 22:31:44)
Funny you should ask at this moment. I'm watching a replay of it and he just scored. He's playing on an energy line with Nevins and Lowell and looks alright. Hudon really looks great. Dietz, also with a goal also looks pretty good. Edit Just noticed Bwoar's comment and I'd have to defer to him on this. This is the first game I've watched with Crisp.
- Comment on Habs’ Pacioretty growing into leadership role both on and off the ice (2014-12-21 22:29:02)
I think it would be a great move for a number of reasons. He has really stepped up his game and his presence, for that matter. H'd be a worthy choice and I like the idea of heightening the bond to the team. He's criminally underpaid at the moment maybe being the captain will be a little more incentive to stay in the fold and not explore free agency when the time comes.
- Comment on Habs’ Pacioretty growing into leadership role both on and off the ice (2014-12-21 21:47:21)
So, watching the Bulldogs game. S'been awhile since I've tuned into one of their broadcasts. Prettyhilarious! As if it's being done by a high school TV station. Actually laughing aloud at points. Enjoying catching the kids though.
- Comment on Galchenyuk at centre as Habs prepare to face Canucks; Beaulieu called up from Hamilton (2014-12-08 14:59:45)
I'll bring a creepy bust of Lionel Richie and stalkerishly lurk in the background.
- Comment on Thousands pay final respects to Jean Béliveau at Bell Centre (2014-12-08 02:57:14)
Ace, my man,I do believe you are right. Delvechio took over from Arnold, or was it Syl Apps? I know that we are talking many moons ago but there are a few more,shall we diplomatically say, "Mature" members who might have an opinion :) For instance, Sprague Cleghorn mentioned having watched him play. I don't know, just taking a shot.
- Comment on Thousands pay final respects to Jean Béliveau at Bell Centre (2014-12-07 23:51:34)
Very nicely put.
- Comment on Thousands pay final respects to Jean Béliveau at Bell Centre (2014-12-07 23:26:44)
Sad to be away from the city and unable to pay my respects to an almost mythic figure. So, Beliveau. Best Centre of his era? Alex Delvecchio and Norm Ullman in the conversation? Further, is he the best centre before the Gretzky Era? Now we include Espo, Mikita, Dionne, Perrault, Clarke, Ratelle, Trottier. Any thoughts?
- Comment on Habs’ road trip wraps up Saturday night in Dallas (2014-12-06 18:05:45)
Piss and vinegar? maybe, as the old and slo often are. But full of $&$&?!! ? You'll not hear that from me :)
- Comment on Habs’ road trip wraps up Saturday night in Dallas (2014-12-06 14:33:42)
Good point, to be sure. I did consider that and then I thought about the defensive component and I thought Sekac might be a bit stronger than Gally in that regard. Plex is obviously stronger than the Chuckster so I sought balance.
- Comment on Habs’ road trip wraps up Saturday night in Dallas (2014-12-06 14:30:50)
As I said, I'd never hope for that, even for an opponent. I mean when a foe gets hurt it can be a break for the home team( see "Bishop" in last years first round) so I don't shed a tear but, to hope for an injury to your own player is just not being a real fan IMHO