Harditya - (Harditya Bhatia)Member since February 17, 2009
Habs fan since: Found out what ice hockey was
Favorite current player: Price, Subban, the Gally's, Prust,...heck the entire team.
All-time favorite player: Carey Price
- Comment on Familiar faces on Sportsnet’s NHL broadcast team (2014-08-30 21:45:33)
1:05... love it. Gallagher is a beast.
- Comment on Familiar faces on Sportsnet’s NHL broadcast team (2014-08-30 17:31:33)
Good ol Canadian boy
- Comment on ‘So far, so good,’ Habs’ Price says about offseason training (2014-08-20 19:00:52)
I would love to such line leading our team.. if it meant we would be drafting McDavid.
- Comment on ‘So far, so good,’ Habs’ Price says about offseason training (2014-08-20 18:10:02)
So Joe Thornton has been stripped of the captaincy.. they have done this twice now, earlier with Marleau as well.. Awkward.
- Comment on Habs will play eight preseason games in 13 days; Kovalev criticizes Subban (2014-08-19 16:07:32)
That was a wonderful deed, it felt so good to see the civilians of Lac Megantic just forget everything and cheer on their beloved team.
- Comment on Habs will play eight preseason games in 13 days; Kovalev criticizes Subban (2014-08-19 15:16:29)
Oh yeah, Kovalev is just blooming with captain qualities, critiquing Subban and saying he scores as many goals as he gives up so he doesn't deserve such contract. I should definitely show respect to someone making such remarks. P.K. may not be a complete player yet on the ice, but he has enough class to not comment on anyone but himself. To me that's more leadership than Kovalev has ever shown. I mean, realistically, the best cup runs Montreal has had since 93 were with Subban on the team not Kovalev. So he should zip it.
- Comment on Habs will play eight preseason games in 13 days; Kovalev criticizes Subban (2014-08-19 14:59:14)
Kovalev of all people talking about responsibilities, gimme a break. Has he ever searched the meaning of the word backcheck in a dictionary? Hypocrites everywhere..
- Comment on Markov as next Habs captain? (2014-08-18 20:05:24)
You're right about that - I was very disappointed by the play of Max and DD, they definitely underperformed (I almost used the word 'choked') this spring though they'll get the benefit of the doubt that it was their first real playoff experience. Not to blame those 2 for everything, our veterans Pleks, Vanek and Gio definitely choked in that entire round, doing nothing productive.
- Comment on Markov as next Habs captain? (2014-08-18 19:49:06)
I don't mind the team rolling 3 assistant captains like they did in the 09-10 season. They can wait another year to see a 'true leader' emerge but I think this past spring showed many things. The two clear-cut leaders that emerged at the right time were PK and Carey. I think it's pretty obvious that Price is the undisputed captain. Yeah, I get it goalies can't be named captains. PK did fade in the Conference Final but so did the entire team. This is where you make a case for Markov, who had the most points against Rangers (5) after Bourque (6) on a team that was struggling offensively. Not to mention he also had 5 points against the B's. He contributed more than David and Max were able to in those 2 rounds, while handling tough minutes alongside a struggling Emelin. Others suggest Plekanec as a solid candidate - but I for one have never been impressed by his game during the playoffs. He plays a shut down role, but always leaves you wanting more when it comes to offensive production (not like Gionta helped with a grand total of 1 goal in the playoffs). So long story cut short, if we're going to be reluctant from choosing someone too young like Gallagher, the choice is pretty much between Pernell Karl and Markov. I am fine with either representing our team.
- Comment on Markov as next Habs captain? (2014-08-18 18:51:35)
Yak needs Chucky ;)