kmachabs27 - (Kevin Macdonald)Member since February 12, 2009
Habs fan since: 1989
Favorite current player: MC13
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Game 1 of Habs vs. Rangers Saturday afternoon at Bell Centre (2014-05-15 15:33:31)
anybody selling tickets for game 2 on monday give me a text at 9059329074 or email me at email@example.com, looking to make the trip from niagara falls
- Comment on Audio: Habs make late deal to get Vanek from Islanders; Tokarski to start against Ducks (2014-03-05 17:44:25)
has anybody heard if Vanek is playing tonight?
- Comment on Habs’ Subban paired with Hamhuis at first Team Canada practice (2014-02-10 15:09:30)
Bouwmeester and Pietrangelo are probably the best D-pairing in the league, playing against the West, aka the top of the NHL, on a daily basis, and succeeding. Anybody who thinks that pairing doesnt belong, or Subban should be ahead of Bouwmeester should really shake their head. This is reality. Subban is going to have a tough time working his way past the 3 right D ahead of him.
- Comment on Habs’ Subban paired with Hamhuis at first Team Canada practice (2014-02-10 15:05:44)
If you watch or follow the West, Carter is one of the fastest guys in the NHL, hence the reason why they selected him on top of his shot and goal scoring capability
- Comment on About last night … (2014-01-23 12:10:27)
Just imagine Markov after the Olympics.....yikes
- Comment on Crosby and Penguins up next for Habs (2014-01-19 14:31:18)
- Comment on Habs’ Subban, Price headed to Sochi; Galchenyuk has broken hand (2014-01-07 21:03:47)
Its not all about the fancy goals etc, but the ways, and usually not noticed ways (winning face offs, blocking shots etc) that we keep the puck out of the net is just as important.
- Comment on Habs’ Subban, Price headed to Sochi; Galchenyuk has broken hand (2014-01-07 21:01:34)
I think you had a gallon of that cheap cooking wine before posting that comment. When your playing against the best players in the world, you need to match lines, and your PK unit must be in tip top shape (blocking shots, winning faceoffs, winning the small board battles) hence the decisions to choose bergeron, vlasic and hamhuis (aka defensive specialists). Vlasic and Hamhuis are simple defensive defencemen who do there job on a nightly basis in the all world Western Conference. This is why we see line combos switching mid game etc. For ex, finland will have a or a player whos job is to shut down crosby, i.e matching lines, whenever crosby is out there hes out there. Hence the term defensive specialists, ie Hamhuis, Vlasic, Bouwmeester, Bergeron.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 44 – Canadiens play 40 great minutes, win 2-1, move past Tampa Bay into second place in Atlantic (2014-01-06 19:30:22)
Subban will be the 7th defensivemen for Canada. No Higher.
- Comment on About last night … (2013-11-28 11:52:31)
went to the game last night, two rows behind miller for 2 periods, here are some thoughts/things i noticed: 1. Subban changes his stick every powerplay, anybody else notice that? His powerplay stick has an orange colour tint near the bottom of the shaft towards the blade. Any thoughts why he would do that? ive noticed his shots with that stick are much lower, probably a stiffer stick. You may think im crazy but this is a fact, my dad first pointed it out and i noticed it again. 2. Either Buffalo is that bad or were good. 3. Conclusion: were a solid team, especially defensively despite bouillon and murray, we are very tight defensively. Markov and subban are lethal in live action. 4. Moulson couldnt skate to the bench after emelin smashed him into the boards, what a hit. 5. Briere sucks, no emotion, looks like he doesnt care, garbage 6. We played buffalo, but Carey Price is god. 7. DD is playing better, hes got some slick moves down low and thru the neutral zone. 8. Pacioretty is lazy at times which is annoying, lazer of a shot 9. Markov is worth every penny, he controls literally everything, talks to PK steady before faceoffs, expecially on the PP. 10. Chucky looks like a giant out there, cant wait till he hits his prime in a few years. 11. Briere sucks. GHG Ciao