Malreg - (Mitchell McCullough)Member since February 12, 2009
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on ‘Funnest’ game ever for Habs’ Gallagher (2013-03-28 12:58:06)
Seriously? Bouwmeester would fetch WAY more than Iginla did in a trade.
- Comment on At age 81, Jean Béliveau counts his blessings at Christmas (2012-12-26 14:58:41)
How has Paul Ranger been playing in his comeback to the game?
- Comment on At age 81, Jean Béliveau counts his blessings at Christmas (2012-12-24 18:00:08)
"Another thing – I hate this creed of “finishing your checks”. What purpose does it serve to slam a guy into the ice or the boards as he releases the puck?" It serves several purposes. You are removing the opposing player from the play. You are wearing down the opposing player. You are making his life difficult. The next time he touches the puck he's going to know that he's going to get hit and he's going to just get rid of the puck instead of taking his time to make the right decision. I'm not advocating late hits, but hitting is a part of hockey. Yes, the main idea behind it is to remove the player from the puck, but it is also about much more than that.
- Comment on NHL cancels games through Jan. 14; Habs lose fantasy game to Caps (2012-12-20 20:56:00)
Obviously the last 3 lockouts were owner initiated... Or else they would not have been lockouts. " The players exercised an option that the owners also exercised last summer, the players chose to do it again this year… The owners locked them out instead of also doing it again this season." I guess you're talking about the option to extend the CBA to another season? That was not an option this summer, the CBA had expired. The players offered to continue playing under the current CBA while they negotiated a new one, but the owners would obviously never allow that. That would leave them with no negotiating power, and without a valid signed CBA the players could just strike right before the playoffs began if they did not get what they wanted(a move that Fehr has enough experience with). I'm not saying the lockout is the players fault. Both parties are to blame.
- Comment on Labour talks to resume on Tuesday (2012-11-05 21:20:51)
All in due time. I don't think he's ready for that yet.
- Comment on Canucks’ Luongo outduels Price for fantasy win (2012-11-04 01:04:18)
According to Aaron Ward, the league and the PA were still in a meeting as of 12:30 a.m. I guess that's a good sign...
- Comment on It’s official: Winter Classic is cancelled (2012-11-03 13:55:43)
Just saw this mentioned on twitter. Here's a video of Max Pacioretty catching Peter Mueller with his head down as he cuts across the middle.... in a NOVICE tournament! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Juv3ahmA0GM&feature=g-all-u
- Comment on It’s official: Winter Classic is cancelled (2012-11-03 13:49:12)
TSN also received a PDF document from the CHLPA, and when you check the details of the file it says it was last saved by Randy Gumbley.
- Comment on It’s official: Winter Classic is cancelled (2012-11-02 23:30:10)
Bad night for Minnesota... Granlund leaves the ice with what looks like a pretty serious knee injury, and then Taylor Hall nails Brodin who needed to be helped off the ice. Possible concussion.
- Comment on 1992-93 Habs season flashback: Game 3 tie with Penguins (2012-10-15 16:18:12)
Because steroids really have a huge impact on Golf...