PatMac - (Patrick MacNeil)Member since January 14, 2009
Habs fan since: 1963
Favorite current player: Saku Kiovu
All-time favorite player: Guy Lafleur
- Comment on Habs acquire defenceman Weaver from Panthers; Price back on ice (2014-03-05 07:42:20)
Likely to get Drewiske some playing time. He was injured in training camp and has not played at all this year. As for Weaver, I wouldn't read too much into this. He is a capable NHL player for the next 20 games and hopefully playoffs. Perhaps there are some injuries that we are not hearing about that require an extra D with experience.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 61 – Desharnais wins insane game in Shootout (2014-02-27 20:47:11)
2P 1:51 P.K. got away with one How so? The rule is you are not allowed to grab the puck in the crease with your hand. PK didn't grab the puck.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-01-03 10:41:29)
Right on. Just watched it. Off both posts. Incredible there was no review. No one seemed to notice.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 27: Canadiens skate to early lead, beat Leafs 4-2, move into third place (2013-11-30 21:08:34)
Gal-Chen-Yuk not Gal-chenie-yuk
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 27: Canadiens skate to early lead, beat Leafs 4-2, move into third place (2013-11-30 19:56:11)
How do we get theae HNIC commentators to pronounce Galchenyuk correctly. It is not Gal-chenie=yuk. It is Gal - chen - yuk.
- Comment on About last night … (2013-05-04 10:00:00)
PK is a fine young man and exceptional hockey player. He is a leader on this team and will be for years to come.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens at Leafs (2013-04-27 20:21:41)
How can we get Hughson to properly pronounce Galchenyuk? It is not Gal-chenie-uk
- Comment on No day of rest on Sunday for Habs (2013-04-21 17:03:29)
If I refer to Price as elite, or very good or solid, it really doesn't matter. The problem is not Price. It's an undersized team that can't defend against the bigger and stronger teams.
- Comment on No day of rest on Sunday for Habs (2013-04-21 16:21:33)
I don't believe the Canadiens' problem is goaltending. Price is an elite goalie and Budaj is more than capable as a steady backup. The problem is an undersized team that can't defend against the bigger and stronger teams in the league. In order to win, all five skaters need to be completely committed to defensive zone coverage with no errors and our transition game needs to be working. Plus, we need to get a couple of powerplay goals every game. Teams come across the Habs blueline unimpeded and when they gain the zone they crash the net because our defence can't stop them. No wonder the goals against are so high. Tretiak in his prime wouldn't fair any better than Price under these conditions. We are solid in nets. Its the undersized forward lines and defence pairings that need to be upgraded.
- Comment on Prust, Armstrong, Gallagher sign for charity Friday in Brossard (2013-02-15 10:53:58)
Gudbranson did stand out last night. I noticed him all game and he is the exactly the type of player we need on our D. Just speculating on what it might take to get him. The way he plays at only age 21 is impressive.