Mark C - (Mark)Member since January 14, 2009
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Bozon looking forward to Habs’ rookie camp after battling meningitis (2014-08-17 23:36:25)
I keep wondering why people continue to talk about him. I like him as much as the next guy, but it's not like he's a top-100 prospect. Hell, he might not even be in the top 250. If he was still in Montreal's system, he would be fighting to stay in the top-10. I think he'll find his way onto someone's 3rd line, and likely have a better career than Thomas. But I don't see anything to suggest he's better than any number of players already in Montreal's system (de la Rose, Andrightetto, Sekac, etc).
- Comment on Bozon looking forward to Habs’ rookie camp after battling meningitis (2014-08-17 10:09:00)
Oh yeah. He played in Hamilton at the end of the season so he would have been paid for that. That's where the extra money gets factored.
- Comment on Bozon looking forward to Habs’ rookie camp after battling meningitis (2014-08-17 09:52:56)
Some Danny Kristo talk. That can only mean one thing, we're in the dog days of the hockey calendar! One important detail of Kristo signing with Montreal when he did was his contract started that current year and not the following year like Hayes' will.
- Comment on (AUDIO) Subban signs eight-year deal with Habs averaging $9 million a season (2014-08-03 18:12:53)
Think you are greatly over estimating values of these players bridge contracts. I know the cap is going but Eller got $1.1, I have a hard time seeing Bournival doubling that. Subban was just under $2.9 after two 30 plus point seasons. Have a hard time seeing Tinordi and Beaulieu getting $2.5 without monster seasons.
- Comment on (AUDIO) Subban signs eight-year deal with Habs averaging $9 million a season (2014-08-03 12:18:25)
Could have. Buy why would he have?
- Comment on (AUDIO) Subban signs eight-year deal with Habs averaging $9 million a season (2014-08-02 21:03:00)
I think you should stop speculating.
- Comment on (AUDIO) Subban signs eight-year deal with Habs averaging $9 million a season (2014-08-02 16:26:37)
Ain't that simple. If he had signed a five year deal two years ago, what would he be making once that deal ended 11, 12, 13 million a year? I think the bridge deal and now long-term deal works out damn well for all parties.
- Comment on Habs’ Subban expects arbitrator to decide on his contract (2014-08-02 12:29:22)
"I can with reasonably certainty tell you that the Subban camp has moved down to the $8.5 million neighborhood. The Habs will not budge from the area of $7 million. Originally, I did not believe that Subban would move lower than $9 million." How nice of the Subban camp to move down from setting the record for highest AAV contract for a defenseman to setting the record for the highest AAV contract for a defenseman. Both sides need to given ground and meet somewhere in the middle.
- Comment on Habs development camp underway in Brossard (VIDEO) (2014-07-08 21:28:15)
If that's the case then Montreal management is dumb and can't properly evaluate trades or no teams we're offering a better return because the whole league knew he was on the block. I think his long term contract is a negative in the eyes of most GMs.
- Comment on Habs development camp underway in Brossard (VIDEO) (2014-07-08 21:10:25)
So no chance Buffalo said this is the best pick we'll trade and this deal is off the table in X hours and we'll be moving on to options B through D?