Jordio-oh - (J)Member since December 17, 2008
Habs fan since: 1990
Favorite current player: Cammalleri, Markov, Price
All-time favorite player: Koivu, Roy
- Comment on Nash to the Rangers (2012-07-24 16:35:03)
If anything, it's to create a larger market for himself, as opposed to a courtesy call. He doesn't owe the Habs a thing. With that said, he shouldn't need to create a market for himself with the rumours of some of the big offers he's received floating around.
- Comment on Nash to the Rangers (2012-07-24 16:17:51)
Doan to come visit Canadiens management: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=401361
- Comment on Flyers make big move (2012-07-19 15:47:07)
It's a tough call, that is undeniable. I just figured it was worth laying out some names to add context to the discussion.
- Comment on Flyers make big move (2012-07-19 15:33:16)
Food for thought: Below I've compiled a list of the first round picks that went from #20-30, starting in 2004 so as to not pad the list with the epic draft class of 2003. 2004: Travis Zajac, Andrej Mezaros, Mike Green, Corey Schnieder 2005: Tukka Rask, TJ Oshie, Andrew Cogliano, Matt Niskanen, Steve Downie 2006: Claude Giroux, Semyon Varlamov, Patrick Berglung, Nick Foligno 2007: Max Pacioretty, David Perron, 2008: Michael Del Zotto, Jordan Eberle, Tyler Ennis, John Carlson Not a spectacular list. But two first rounders for the next 4 drafts is gotta be a nice way to sell a rebuild to the fans.
- Comment on Flyers make big move (2012-07-19 10:55:41)
It wouldn't be four first round picks. Current average salary has to exceed $7,835,220 in order to equate to four first round picks. Weber is slated to make, on average, $7,142,857 and so Philly would give up two first round picks, a second and a third.
- Comment on Habs’ division rivals not quiet (2012-07-06 14:35:11)
As a big tennis fan, I'm pleased that you might be finding your way back to the sport. However, it's a shame that it takes Andy Murray being in the finals to do so. Federer's Wimbledon defeat of Roddick in 2008 was a real cracker of a match and his loss to Nadal in 2009 might be one of the best Grand Slam matches ever. We've been fortunate enough to see some of the best tennis players ever in the last 8 or 9 years.
- Comment on Multimedia: Emelin felled by Weber shot in practice, should be OK for Lightning (2012-01-06 15:34:51)
Sobey's under the City Place Concord buildings at the corner of Spadina and Fort York.
- Comment on Multimedia: Emelin felled by Weber shot in practice, should be OK for Lightning (2012-01-06 15:17:08)
If this is just a reference to Valeri Bure's wife being in Full House than I salute you, sir.
- Comment on Multimedia: Emelin felled by Weber shot in practice, should be OK for Lightning (2012-01-06 13:25:16)
Agree. It was never a serious consideration. More of a thought that I created to make it relevant for posting on here. My list of recent sightings now include Orr, Komisarek, Gustavsson, Gunnarsson. All the Leaf greats.
- Comment on Multimedia: Emelin felled by Weber shot in practice, should be OK for Lightning (2012-01-06 13:08:51)
So I saw Colton Orr in the grocery store beneath my building last night. He was perusing the produce aisle and texting on his phone. I wasn't sure if it was him at first, because of his long hair, but further examination confirmed it. I should have made fun of his recent demotion, but he's a big man. Professional athletes stand out in public, if you're paying attention.