FlyAnglerMember since December 16, 2008
Habs fan since: 1969
Favorite current player: Rene Bourque
All-time favorite player: Guy LaFleur
"Gardez la Foi! Keep the Faith!"
- Comment on P.K. Subban won’t be in lineup for pre-season opener vs. Bruins (2014-09-23 14:03:37)
I have experienced the exact same thing after doing the download Rudy. The App probably needs its own update. "Gardez la Foi! Keep the Faith!"
- Comment on Habs will retire Guy Lapointe’s No. 5 on Nov. 8 at Bell Centre (2014-09-12 18:12:44)
I understand the dangers of nationalism. My point would be that you can be patriotic without getting involved in a chauvinistic kind of nationalism which can obviously lead to abuses. "Gardez la Foi! Keep the Faith!"
- Comment on Habs will retire Guy Lapointe’s No. 5 on Nov. 8 at Bell Centre (2014-09-12 17:37:28)
To Mr. Selby's point- obviously the United States, Canada, Great Britain and their allies should have done nothing when WWII broke out since the Nazis and the Japanese were only imaginary. And today obviously, there is no need to be concerned about Al Qaeda, ISIS, Mr. Putin or the Sociopath in North Korea who turned a 16mm cannon on and killed his own uncle to display his power. No, all of these are just our imaginary friends who mean no harm to us or anybody else and we should just pretend that they don't exist since they are not real anyway. Patriotism is a well founded love of country that does not excuse or promote chauvinistic nationalism or xenophobia. For some of us, even those of us who hail from the states- loving the Habs, loving Canada and singing "O Canada" and the Star Spangled Banner with gusto go hand in hand because in every age their are men and women who lay down their lives so that we can continue to enjoy the freedoms that we do in our two great countries. That some of the drivel written here could have been posted on September 11th and the day after absolutely blows my mind. "Gardez la Foi! Keep the Faith!"
- Comment on Odds against a Habs rookie cracking lineup this season (2014-09-11 18:01:33)
You are not missing a thing Chris. Your assessment is balanced, fair and accurate. As you indicate P K and Max will both have letters some day, but now is not the time for either of them- (even for an A) IMO. Both players have plenty of room for growth and character development. Too many are turning this into a popularity contest which has very little to do with leadership ability........... "Gardez la Foi! Keep the Faith!"
- Comment on AUDIO: Former Habs captain Saku Koivu announces his retirement (2014-09-10 16:36:11)
I agree Steeltown and Max is the one who wants to play with DD- I get it, but scorers need centremen who can get them the puck in the right place at the right time against quality talent and DD is not close enough as you say. Agree as well on the C. My vote goes to Markov. "Gardez la Foi! Keep the Faith!"
- Comment on AUDIO: Former Habs captain Saku Koivu announces his retirement (2014-09-10 16:32:27)
Myron, anyone who watches knows that DD works hard on pretty much every shift- that isn't the point. The point is that he doesn't have the size or the tools to make the plays that you need to make if you are going to be a #1 or #2 centreman. He does it in the regular season against subpar talent, but against the primo talent and in the playoffs he mostly disappears and is a nonfactor. "Gardez la Foi! Keep the Faith!"
- Comment on AUDIO: Former Habs captain Saku Koivu announces his retirement (2014-09-10 14:51:10)
Surely you jest Timo. "Gardez la Foi! Keep the Faith!"
- Comment on AUDIO: Former Habs captain Saku Koivu announces his retirement (2014-09-10 14:49:53)
Saku Koivu provided top 6 quality at both ends of the ice unlike a current diminutive Habs centreman who eats up top 6 minutes while providing bottom 6 quality. As for the Eller comparisons, the playoffs showed who the men are and who the boys are. All that you have to do is look at the numbers. Max had a mediocre playoffs partly because he was being centered by a player who has demonstrated every year at playoff time that he cannot compete against other teams' top two centreman and if you can't see that you are either blind or in complete denial. All due respect of course...... "Gardez la Foi! Keep the Faith!"
- Comment on Liveblog: Conference Final Game 6 – A long, fun ride is over (2014-05-29 22:51:18)
A great season, all things considered. We should be grateful to players, coaches and management. Have a great Summer all! Next year the Habs will be even better! "Gardez la Foi! Keep the Faith!"
- Comment on Liveblog: Conference Final Game 6 – A long, fun ride is over (2014-05-29 22:17:28)
Another missed high stick on Briere. What a crock of shit! "Gardez la Foi! Keep the Faith!"