VintageFanMember since November 14, 2008
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on About last night … (2014-01-31 11:53:38)
Suicide is NEVER funny.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 51 – Canadiens drop third in a row, 4-1 to Detroit (2014-01-24 17:40:34)
This latest "rebuild" is beginning to look like just another change of four quarters for a dollar. Or perhaps more appropriately, a Loonie. Does anyone remember the Harold Ballard years in Toronto? The building was full, the team made baskets of money, the team had a couple of very popular stars, but the team was never really competitive. The ownership and management didn't care because the money kept rolling in. Plus ca change, plus ca reste meme!
- Comment on About last night … (2014-01-23 12:09:19)
I wish I could find something to disagree with, but I cannot. But clearly continuing to push Diaz, Emelin, Boullion and Murray puts the future further away because the "kids" aren't getting any experience. And the kindly old coach has little or no ability to 'develop' the kids, or to keep pace with the way other teams make changes on the fly. He**, he doesn't even make significant changes between months. Where to go with that?
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 49 – Leafs win 5-3, tighten playoff race (2014-01-18 22:06:55)
Still Curious as to what a $7 million leaf looks like. Phaneuf was invisible
- Comment on About last night … (2014-01-09 14:36:54)
Habs will get over-the-hill, overpriced player(s). Habs are all about history and that's what they've always done
- Comment on About last … yuck! 2014 has to be better than that (2014-01-01 10:52:54)
The line tinkering is a problem, not a solution. The officiating in 2013 still sucks - not bad so far (11am) in 2014. Pottymouth Staal does not get abuse of officials? Yes the Habs sucked big time, but that does not explain why officials also suck. Or why in 99% of games the officiating is one sided? Pete Rose syndrome?
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 37 – Canadiens trounced in St. Louis (2013-12-19 23:25:52)
WELL! It is taking awhile, but don't lose hope. Patrick Roy was traded late in 1995. Soooo, we've only been rebuilding for 18 years (so far). Does anyone know how long this is supposed to take?
- Comment on About last night … (2013-11-03 12:50:51)
Well, if you're going to resort to logic and reason, you'll take the fun out of the exercise.
- Comment on About last night … (2013-11-03 12:47:05)
AH yes, a replay of the superstar defenceman for the over-the-hill forward - see Chelios for Savard That worked well Another 20 years in the hockey wilderness
- Comment on Brière and Prust injured in Habs loss to Predators (Video) (2013-10-21 13:05:22)
Interesting to find out that conclusive video evidence is NOT the only way to reverse a decision. Majority opinion (including the linesman who was 50 feet away with Rinne's back toward him) also works. Perhaps one of these days they will let the fans vote just as they used to do for the 3 stars