deggy24 - (Phil Degenstein)Member since November 10, 2008
Habs fan since: 1960
Favorite current player: Subban
All-time favorite player: J.C. Trembley
- Comment on About last night … (2014-04-02 00:36:15)
Habs Galchenyuk needs to play rw. He is more a modern player than the big M. In the early 80s the European influence showed us it was okay. Better shot angles and better wide moves.
- Comment on Habs’ Gorges has surgery on fractured hand, out four weeks (2014-03-10 18:22:09)
I saw a good post below on defensive combos. I have to say first that I think Emelin is a keeper and some of the slag is him being the guy back when the other guy makes the mistake, or the guy who if he had a better partner in the corners, wouldn't have to be as quick to the other guy. Certainly has faults, but definitely skilled and can hit. He laid a couple of Sharks out last game nice .. nothing from the commentariat. So I don't dispute the combos too much, he'll be with Markov which means he'll deal with 2 on 1s. How about we make Murray number 7, twin Pateryn with Beaulieu and get the puck out of end instead of blocking shots. Play speed on the break out, through the middle, on the forecheck, the backcheck ... and make that our team. We don't have Patrick Kane or Toews but we've got skaters and some skilled players who skate. Texus March 10, 2014 at 3:54 pm Damn that sucks. Personally I would bring up Beaulieu at this point, I would have: Markov-Emelin Tinordi-Subban Murray-Beaulieu Habs Win!
- Comment on Habs’ Gorges has surgery on fractured hand, out four weeks (2014-03-10 18:13:50)
- Comment on About last night … (2014-03-09 12:25:13)
Lol Habs Win!
- Comment on About last night … (2014-03-09 12:12:11)
Our identity should be speed. Weisse and bournival sb in every night nathan b sb be in every nite murray sb 7th d tiny and subby, pateryn and markov, emmy and Beaulieu Habs Win!
- Comment on ‘It’s a pretty cool feeling,’ Olympic champ Price says (with video) (2014-02-24 12:20:37)
I think the greatest hockey team every iced would be able to beat Norway by more than 3; as well better scores versus Latvia 2-1, Finland 2-1, and U.S.A 1-0 ... Maybe the best defensive team ... although Czechs in 1998 who first mastered the big ice umbrella defense could have an argument made for them .. Habs Win!
- Comment on Price will start for Canada against Latvia; Subban a healthy scratch (2014-02-18 23:59:20)
Great analysis. I watched Keith expose Canada to two Finish opportunities in the last 10 mins of the second period. He is indeed a very good player but I conclude he "shows" better than PK because he plays with two of the worlds top forwards, on a stacked team, and he is more conventional in style. Based on what I've seen PK as good or better than all but doughty, maybe petrol, and doughty is a certified nut job based on reliable sources. Habs Win!
- Comment on About last night … (2014-01-03 15:10:57)
If you want Galchenyuk to score more (assists and goals), simply move him to the right wing. Might be some trouble clearing defensive zone initially but his best move for outside depth is to the right, and if he chooses to shoot the angle is infinitely better. Habs Win!
- Comment on Michel Therrien: Habs fourth line ‘a big reason why we won the game’ (Video) (2013-12-08 00:37:12)
Agree, talent .. Depth .. Toughness .. Skaters .. Habs Win!
- Comment on Michel Therrien: Habs fourth line ‘a big reason why we won the game’ (Video) (2013-12-08 00:15:47)
Got lucky and only watched about 10 minutes of the game. What I saw were two great goals; heavy forechecking by Buffalo and Murray doing what every guy should do: crucify the guy who is going to hit you late. That said, some great periods by our boys recently, in terms of short passes, and backward short passes; as opposed to long outlets. Saw Emelin move up on the play today with a dandy chance, Diaz the other night. This is good stuff, how to beat traps, how to score goals, how to win.