MikeL - (Mike Long)Member since November 9, 2007
Antigonish, Nova Scotia
Habs fan since: 1985
Favorite current player: Max Pacioretty
All-time favorite player: Saku Koivu
- Comment on Last time Habs drafted No. 3 overall… (2012-04-11 11:23:03)
Agree Timmins did good but I'd rearrange the rankings as: Kane Couture Pacioretty Subban McDonagh Perron Simmonds JVR
- Comment on Canadiens’ countdown begins (2012-04-02 12:33:50)
I've watched him as well and I agree with everything you've said, except I think he's more skilled than you give him credit for. Plus, he is pretty gritty for a skilled player and is always mixing it up in the scrums. I'm looking forward to watching future Hab Grigorenko. ;)
- Comment on Canadiens’ countdown begins (2012-04-02 09:26:46)
Martin Frk should be a late 1st/early 2nd rounder. He has loads of skill and a bit of grit (for a skilled player), but consistency issues.
- Comment on Liveblog: Cammalleri to Calgary (2012-01-12 16:24:56)
Agree on all players. If things get bad enough, I would mark Gionta as expendable as well.
- Comment on Liveblog: Three in a row (2011-12-19 20:39:03)
He has sucked in all zones for near a month now. It's almost comical how much he hates contact.
- Comment on Liveblog: Plus ça change … Devils 5 – Canadiens 3 (2011-12-17 21:16:51)
What exactly is Cammalleri's purpose? He's terrible right now. Avoids contact at ALL costs.
- Comment on About last night … (2011-12-09 08:30:28)
I'm certainly no coach, but on the Raymond SH goal, I'm almost certain that it was Gionta that failed to cover the point on the Emelin pinch. It was his indecision right before Raymond was sprung that caused the 2 on 1. Kostitsyn was the player who had and shot the puck when Emelin pinched, therefore there is no way he is responsible for covering for Emelin. Pointing out simply because AK46 gets way too much heat. Most warranted, but this one wasn't.
- Comment on Liveblog: Shootout loss (2011-12-01 20:25:52)
Whoever came up with that statistic had one thing in mind - to make the Habs look bad. Only way to explain why they would only choose the last 4 years, and not 5, because there are 4 players from the Habs 07 draft that have played in the NHL. 3 of them are high impact players.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens drop first game of California trip (2011-11-30 23:35:15)
Hate to say it b/c I love the little guy, but David Deshairnais does not belong on a top line in the NHL. He just doesn't do enough to warrant the icetime he gets. Yes he's creative. Yes he tries hard. But he is so damn small that even that isn't enough. He is a supposed offensive player who has just over a half a point per game. That's just not good enough. Not to mention he's very predictable. i.e. extend his stick and skate to the outside. Give Eller a chance.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens drop first game of California trip (2011-11-30 22:38:31)
Yup. I'm assuming he's just filling in at that spot temporarily until Markov is back.