HardHabits - (David)Member since November 1, 2008
Habs fan since: 1973
Favorite current player: Alex Galchenyuk
All-time favorite player: Jacques Lemaire
God forbid we should ever be 20 years without such a draft pick. - Hardass Headerson
- Comment on Will 2015 be the year Habs end Stanley Cup drought? (2014-08-22 00:50:27)
Interesting. The first three picks will now be subject to a lottery draw. Which means the team that finishes last could very well pick 4th over-all. I like this idea and think they should expand it to the top 5 picks. That would moth ball that Tank™ for the foreseeable future. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=459859
- Comment on Will 2015 be the year Habs end Stanley Cup drought? (2014-08-21 23:01:28)
And that ladies and gentlemen is the sound of the Martin Reway fantasy come crashing down to earth.
- Comment on Will 2015 be the year Habs end Stanley Cup drought? (2014-08-21 22:58:57)
I think the Habs have the pieces to make it out of the East and into the SCF. If not this year than next. As it stands for this season let them play until the dead line and see where they stand. Last season until Vanek they were .500 and we know the rest. I think the team will be wiser, more experienced and battle hardened. The core is established and it is that group that is being built upon rather than squandered. There seems to be some action in the pipes which means they can pull the trigger. The Habs are not elite yet (in other words top 5 in the league) but they are part of the next group banging at the door, meaning they should finish in the best 6th to 10th range. They might even regress to the mean, in other the words middle of the pack if the stars don't align and the young vets fail to step it up. The East is weak. Tampa looks improved, Boston marginally worse, Pittsburgh has had a major make over. Rangers regressed. The Atlantic is ripe for the taking and looks to be a 3 horse race. But what do I know.
- Comment on Habs will play eight preseason games in 13 days; Kovalev criticizes Subban (2014-08-20 15:52:15)
See you guys at the bar... I'm taking a jet.
- Comment on Habs will play eight preseason games in 13 days; Kovalev criticizes Subban (2014-08-19 15:05:03)
Andrew was too *ahem* passionate for cold logic and pure reasoning.
- Comment on Habs will play eight preseason games in 13 days; Kovalev criticizes Subban (2014-08-19 15:01:56)
Fitness Level: Deep Stats Master
- Comment on Markov as next Habs captain? (2014-08-19 12:35:10)
The truth? It's not like there was a grassy knoll. Take the money and run. It's better than the truth sometimes.
- Comment on Markov as next Habs captain? (2014-08-19 12:34:16)
R/HOCKEY is the way to go.
- Comment on Markov as next Habs captain? (2014-08-18 20:56:31)
I see there was some excitement earlier on. What happened? What I miss?
- Comment on Markov as next Habs captain? (2014-08-18 20:53:27)
It's in The Game. Dryden talks about the Dornhoefer check and the impressive fights Robinson had under his belt, giving him an air of invincibility, which inevitably worked to Larry's disadvantage. To make a long story short, the player was Dave Hutchinson.