HardHabits - (David)Member since November 1, 2008
Habs fan since: 1973
Favorite current player: Alex Galchenyuk
All-time favorite player: Jacques Lemaire
God forbid we should ever be 20 years without such a draft pick. - Hardass Headerson
- Comment on About last night … (2013-12-08 12:50:13)
Gallagher is a gym rat, has a dad who is a strength and conditioning coach so he started from square one focusing on physical conditioning, which combines to make for a player who might be smaller that his opponents but is pound for pound stronger than most and is built like a lean, mean fighting machine. Gallagher is extremely athletic, agile and skilled. Briere is nowhere near as conditioned. Briere however has experience and natural skill, and we saw some of his excellent hockey sense with a few nifty passes he's made, notably the one to Gionta against New Jersey that went through a few legs and sticks and landed squarely on the tape. Kudos to Gionta for being at the right place at the right time and being able to hammer it home. The Habs are getting that balance between having enough gritty players with size and gritty players with speed and skill.
- Comment on About last night … (2013-12-08 12:40:35)
- Comment on About last night … (2013-12-08 11:13:38)
It's nice to see that the Habs can actually put together a robust and grinding 4th line. One that can crash and bang, drop the gloves and most importantly score goals. No more 7th defencemen or players like Palushaj who do not fit that role. After all the games the Habs played recently it is only fitting that the 4th line stepped it up for the win.
- Comment on Habs get a well-deserved day off (2013-12-07 10:41:33)
- Comment on Habs get a well-deserved day off (2013-12-06 23:28:10)
But I read your comment twi and I dig you too.
- Comment on Habs get a well-deserved day off (2013-12-06 23:27:31)
The end was a while back. This is just inertia.
- Comment on Habs get a well-deserved day off (2013-12-06 23:25:58)
- Comment on Habs get a well-deserved day off (2013-12-06 22:22:51)
Nice to see that the opportunists outnumber both the pessimists and the optimists put together.
- Comment on About last night … (2013-12-06 11:44:06)
Nice way to sum up my exact thoughts. Depth and health are the key indicators. And we are way ahead of the curve but I'll take it. Price has been lights out. The team has matured that much more. The balance between veteran experience and youthful exuberance is making for a potent mix. Is this a roller coaster ride or a rocket trip? We will soon find out!!!
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 30 – First place, baby! (2013-12-06 00:37:42)
Give smarmy smug face his 15 minutes. He earned it.