HardHabits - (David)Member since November 1, 2008
Habs fan since: 1973
Favorite current player: Alex Galchenyuk
All-time favorite player: Jacques Lemaire
God forbid we should ever be 20 years without such a draft pick. - Hardass Headerson
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 63 – Road trip begins with 2-1 loss in L.A. (2014-03-04 08:12:49)
It is a huge part of their defensive strategy. The Habs offence was impotent because of it.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 63 – Road trip begins with 2-1 loss in L.A. (2014-03-04 08:12:04)
Maybe not in the alleys. I liked Tinordi steeping up. I mean physically keeping the Habs to the perimeter and dominating play for long stretches and by using their physicality to coerce the puck away from the Habs.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 63 – Road trip begins with 2-1 loss in L.A. (2014-03-04 01:10:19)
Habs were dominated by a bigger team once again. Budaj for his part was excellent at times, kept them in it and was extremely lucky on a few occasions. Briere looked lost. Habs are a two line team at the moment. Once again an impotent offence sputters. The game wasn't as close as the score but the unnerving thing is another lucky bounce and it's at least a point. More smoke and mirrors for Habs fans. Is it a case of so close but so far away? This is what you get when you try to spread 24 teams of talent over 30 cities... a watered down product.
- Comment on Habs’ Budaj will get fourth straight start against Kings (2014-03-03 22:03:59)
And a good thing I showed up in time to mop up the mess. People still ask, "who was that masked man?"
- Comment on Habs’ Budaj will get fourth straight start against Kings (2014-03-03 19:11:43)
Ahhhh. The halcyon daze when the west was wild and HIO stood for Habs Inside Out and water pistols were ablazin' at the Big Owe Kay Corral thread.
- Comment on Habs’ Budaj will get fourth straight start against Kings (2014-03-03 19:08:19)
Um. Stéphane Waite.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-03-02 12:01:57)
True. The East has two contenders. Now for the West... Anaheim, Chicago, St. Louis, Los Angeles I am loathe to include San Jose on that list because they always find a way to lose in the play-offs. Colorado is a real dark horse and wild card in the mix. If any team can pull a rabbit out of their arses (not to mention with Roy behind the bench) it is the Avs. For the East, I also am not convinced that Montreal and Tampa should make that list as neither team has proven to be among the league's elite... yet. However, one telling stat which has me perplexed is the last 10 game record. The Habs are the hottest team in the league ATM. This western road trip will clearly be a measuring stick as to where the team stands in its trajectory, which we all hope is trending upward.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-03-02 11:54:45)
You know that I agree with you. Did I spur on your finely worded rant up above? ;-)
- Comment on About last night … (2014-03-02 11:53:06)
Yes but HH jr.'s side of the see-saw has 240 lbs of battleship whereas your side has a piece of paper with numbers on it. Hardly what I'd call balance.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-03-02 11:42:55)