doublerr - (Russ Roy)Member since November 11, 2007
Habs fan since: 43 years
Favorite current player: PK Subban
All-time favorite player: Larry Robinson
- Comment on New Hab Parenteau can’t wait for training camp to start (2014-08-10 18:49:03)
Henrik Stenson looks like Mike Komisarek!
- Comment on Liveblog: Olympic Games, Game 3: Canada 2, Finland 1, OT (2014-02-17 20:14:54)
Went to see McCarron play today for anyone interested, he looked pretty good, 1 goal, 1 assist and a +5. He played center and won a lot of face off, also took some key face offs in his own end. He played physical and has good hockey sense, on the down side he is crazy tall for a forward, 6' 6"- 6' 7 lanky and a little awkward. I also saw Crisp recently and he is a big body too, hard to move around the net. Neither guy looks like a star in the making but nice too see some guys coming up that will push others around instead of taking it all the time. I like to see a mix of size, toughness and skill. Just sayin!
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 42 – Canadiens win a wild one in Dallas to begin 2014 (2014-01-02 22:00:13)
I like how they call Murray "Crankshaft"
- Comment on Happy 82nd birthday to Jean Béliveau (2013-08-31 08:42:38)
McCarron had his first OHL scrap last night vs Nick Latta. He has 5 inches and 40 lbs on Latta. Latta has 4 previous fights and never won any. I hope McCarron dominated!
- Comment on Habs acquire defenceman Drewiske from Kings (2013-04-02 21:24:07)
I don't think the team doesn't have "team toughness" but in a 7 game series against Boston or Toronto it would help to have a some tougher players. Did you see the Ott/TO game where Carlyle sends out the goons and one of them KOs a guy and the rest of the team looked scared the whole game, not sayin I like it! just sayin!
- Comment on Habs acquire defenceman Drewiske from Kings (2013-04-02 20:59:09)
Do you mean the 6-0 game against the leafs where Bourque was sucker punched by Orr and concussed! or the Bruins giant beating the crap out of Emelin. Whether you like it or not its a reality of the sport. If Lucic runs over CP we have to answer and the answer is not Gorges getting beat up again. When a team knows you cant fight back you're in trouble.
- Comment on Habs acquire defenceman Drewiske from Kings (2013-04-02 20:31:57)
This is really a nothing pick up, he has 9 goals 50 assists and 3 fights since he was 18 yrs. old. He's not tough but doesn't make a lot of mistakes. We still need a tougher forward for the tougher teams. Emelin gets punched out twice this year and no one does anything, Cooke chased Gionta around the ice the other night and nobody stood up for him. Prust can handle most of this but not all of it. We could use a little more toughness like Patrick Bordeleau in Col and he should come cheap. When the playoffs start teams like Boston will play rougher and try to intimidate their opponents. The best Habs teams always had their share of toughness!
- Comment on Habs fans have reason to cheer for Saskatoon Blades (2013-03-21 12:16:59)
Bulls will never get past Oshawa
- Comment on Habs, Price feeling sick after fantasy loss to Devils (2012-11-21 07:19:17)
- Comment on Liveblog: Four in a row (2012-02-11 14:21:18)
Going to the game tonight, should I rock the Pleks jersey/turtle neck combo, vintage Patty Roy jersey or classic red CP?