doublerr - (Russ Roy)Member since November 11, 2007
Habs fan since: 43 years
Favorite current player: PK Subban
All-time favorite player: Larry Robinson
- Comment on Maple Leafs vs. Canadiens preview: Gonchar returns to lineup for Habs (2015-02-28 10:08:02)
FYI re: Michael McCarron, I have seen all of McCarron's home games since being traded to Oshawa as I'm a season ticket holder. There has been a tremendous transition of his game since he started in Oshawa. When he first arrived it seemed by his play and on ice attitude that he was a "me first" kind of guy. He was usually the last forward back or coasting to the bench. When he scored he took his glove off and skated past the visitor bench waving to the crowd in a very cocky manner which seemed to disturb or potentially ignite the other team. He also, when in a fight likes to give one or two late punches when the player is down or the refs are in and the fight is over. This style of play is suited more to the Bruins and not God's team! This is what I saw for the first 4-6 games but since then he seems like a different guy, he has been switched to center with the first and third top point getters on the team. He now is skating hard all the time and has that big guy deceiving speed and crazy long reach that helps him pick a lot of pockets on the back check. He is killing penalties and is a threat to get or set up a shorty every time he's out there. He's on every power play either first or second unit depending if he's at the end of a shift or not. His shot isn't great but seems to be improving, his decision on when to shoot or pass has improved as he use to pretty much always shoot. I'm not privy to ever stat but he stands up for his team mates but doesn't seem to take as many unnecessary minor penalties but draws a lot due to his size and the fact that defensemen can't get him off the puck without resorting to illegal tactics. His move from London to Oshawa and wing to center has made a big difference, if he continues to improve he could be that big center that every team in the NHL prays for. He still does the little crowd wave after a goal but is doesn't seem as cocky or disrespectful. P.S. Keep an eye out for the memorial cup in Quebec City the last week of May there's a good chance you will see the big guy playing there. Lets hope he's still a hab's prospect and not traded for some overpriced rental.
- Comment on Habs return to the ice, prepare to face Stars (2015-01-27 06:34:46)
You will be watching McCarron in the Memorial Cup!
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Devils preview (2015-01-01 22:39:02)
I'm a Gens season ticket holder so I'm looking forward to seeing McCarron and the Gens have a good chance of going all the way.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-12-31 07:31:58)
Frankie the bull playing for Geneva in the Spengler Cup final right now on TSN
- Comment on Bournival will be healthy scratch for Habs against Hurricanes (2014-12-29 16:55:18)
Magnus Paajarvi waived today, only 23 6' 3 LW 1.3 mil RFA next year. 10th overall a pick a few yrs ago, must be some problems somewhere!
- Comment on Alexei Emelin in lineup, Nathan Beaulieu out for Habs against Bruins (2014-10-16 05:57:33)
Just a thought Oilers need a shake up, how about Bourque and a 3rd(maybe a 2nd) for Perron! Perron is younger but smaller, make similar dough and would add skill to the habs, Bourque is from Alta and Perron from Quebec if that makes any difference.
- Comment on Habs’ first-round pick McCarron in better shape this season (2014-09-14 09:30:27)
Just watched The Last Gladiators, awesome behind the scenes stuff with Chris Nilan and others!
- Comment on Bozon at Habs’ rookie camp after battling meningitis (2014-09-13 07:04:13)
- Comment on Bozon at Habs’ rookie camp after battling meningitis (2014-09-13 06:08:10)
Last night 19 yr old Martin Reway got pounded in a fight by 31 yr old former NHL/AHL fighter and all around dirty player Ryan Hollweg, never liked that guy, he had multiple hit from behind suspensions. Maybe HC Sparta could use a tough guy.
- Comment on New Hab Parenteau can’t wait for training camp to start (2014-08-10 18:49:03)
Henrik Stenson looks like Mike Komisarek!