lach60Member since October 17, 2008
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player: Saku Koivu
- Comment on Odds against a Habs rookie cracking lineup this season (2014-09-12 12:52:30)
Man give me a break. You guys wouldn't be pissed if a teammate, after taking a second dumbass penalty, acted nonchalant about it. It's not about the leg up, it's about the image of making it seem like it wasn't a big deal. I don't put my legs up on a table like that at my job, neither should he.
- Comment on Odds against a Habs rookie cracking lineup this season (2014-09-12 12:22:59)
Thanks Chris. I wasn't aware of that.
- Comment on Odds against a Habs rookie cracking lineup this season (2014-09-12 12:01:24)
Doesn't matter, to me, whether it shows disdain towards the organization or the referee, in my mind a captain just doesn't act like that. I prefer something like how Toews was before Seabrook calmed him down. I'm pretty sure anyone would agree that they were bothered by Pleks putting his leg up like that. As for Markov, I think he's the best choice, but I was under the impression he turned it down last time around.
- Comment on Odds against a Habs rookie cracking lineup this season (2014-09-12 11:42:53)
Just my two cents on the Plekanec for captain discussion... I know he's been a captain for the Czech's and all, I just can't see a Montreal captain raising his leg up in the penalty box after a second penalty, or a Habs captain tossing his head back and embellishing like that during the playoffs. Unless the C would have prevented him from doing those things, I just don't think he's the right guy to "lead by example." I think Pacioretty should be the guy, but I do have a feeling it will be Plekanec in a very risk-averse organization like Montreal (not that Pacioretty is a risk).
- Comment on New TV package aimed at Habs fans across country (2014-09-04 11:14:19)
I was going to say that myself. I think you are correct in that assumption. There's no point in getting TVA as all those games are nationally televised anyways.
- Comment on Markov as next Habs captain? (2014-08-18 15:38:39)
That was some of the most illogical garbage I've ever read. " because of his faults as a human being" You must know Subban on a personal level to make such a ridiculous claim.
- Comment on NHL players jump on board with ALS Ice Bucket Challenge (2014-08-15 15:26:18)
@Matty I bought a few books a couple of weeks ago and I saw a brew book for $2 so I picked it up. I'm looking into testing it out. Any pointers to avoid those first-timer mistakes?
- Comment on Habs looking to clinch playoff home-ice advantage vs. Islanders (2014-04-10 14:17:41)
I would assume so. They have a lager, ale, and pilsner, then the potato one as a specialty. I know in the summer they'll have the potato brew out, I'd recommend the trip, nice drive anyways.
- Comment on Habs looking to clinch playoff home-ice advantage vs. Islanders (2014-04-10 14:08:38)
@Luke regarding breweries, if you're willing to drive about an hour, there's a very nice brewery in LaSalette, in the Delhi-Simcoe area. It's run by the Picard family of Picard's Peanuts. They have a potato beer that's really good, not sure if they have any right now though. Either way, worth checking out. It's called Ramblin' Road Brewery. http://www.ramblinroad.ca/
- Comment on Budaj to start for Habs vs. Sens; Beaulieu called up after Murray suspended 3 games (2014-04-04 09:42:11)
Respectfully disagree. The man is a legend in that industry. Look forward to Craig Ferguson taking over. He will be great for them.