lach60Member since October 17, 2008
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player: Saku Koivu
- Comment on A letter from the Béliveau family (2014-12-18 12:26:54)
I didn't split it by conference, but 60% of the top 15 teams are in the top 15 in overall standings, and 60% of the bottom 15 faceoff teams are in the bottom 15 of overall standings. So your claim stands up. Nice hunch.
- Comment on Saku Koivu expects ‘awesome, emotional’ Bell Centre tribute (2014-12-17 15:46:33)
I remember back in NHL 2007 or 2006 or 2008 I forget, but Saku Koivu's toughness was 99. The one time EA Sports got a rating right on the money.
- Comment on Canadiens given two days off; Nathan Beaulieu sent to Hamilton (2014-11-24 16:13:07)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBU7R8Cj6PI I miss this in Subban's game. The ones on Marchand and Larsson were huge hits.
- Comment on Liveblog: The kids were alright in 3-1 win (2014-10-02 08:47:22)
@CJ I saw your volunteering message yesterday but didn't get a chance to respond. Here in Hamilton I participate in a program called Snow Angels. It's a pretty good program, you get as many houses in your area as you can handle, and after a snowfall you shovel driveways for people that don't have the capabilities to do so. I have the same 3 houses I do every winter and even though they say not to talk to the house owners, they usually come out and thank you. It's a pretty good way to get some exercise and perform a good deed. I'd definitely recommend looking into it in the Ottawa region. I'd be willing to bet they have something similar, if you're looking for some volunteering opportunities.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens edge Bruins 3-2 to open preseason (2014-09-24 09:06:12)
Ya exact same actually. Just RDS, no HD. So we're in the same boat. Good to know I wasn't the only one. That will be great if the blackouts are lifted for people with Cogeco. I remember someone mentioning they received a memo from Cogeco saying that there would be no blackouts but when I talked to them they had no idea.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens edge Bruins 3-2 to open preseason (2014-09-24 08:57:59)
Anyone in the Hamilton area have the game on RDS yesterday? I don't even have a subscription for RDS with Cogeco but the game was on last night. Just curious if there were more that had access. Makes me wonder if the games will be blacked out starting in the regular season.
- Comment on Let’s get physical: Habs open training camp (2014-09-19 10:43:57)
Read a lot of good posts about our D this year. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see all of Tinordi, Beaulieu, and Pateryn up this year. I could very well see a pairing of Beaulieu-Weaver, and Tinordi-Pateryn rotated in and out throughout the season. Tinordi and Pateryn played together in Hamilton, and Beaulieu and Weaver complement each other on the 3rd pairing.
- Comment on Bouillon an insurance policy at Habs’ training camp (2014-09-19 09:22:58)
Ya these guys are delusional. Jordan Staal, arguably one of the best 3rd line centres in the game when in Pittsburgh, never put up more than 50 points. Desharnais already has years of 60 and 52. I've never seen people so unhappy with a 50-60 point player making $3.5M
- Comment on Habs’ rookie camp wraps up as Scherbak gets in scrimmage (2014-09-17 10:11:46)
Agreed. Although not on the same skill level, I think it will be interesting to see how Dallas deals with Spezza and Seguin this year. I don't think either of them have the defensive skills of any other top 2 centres in the league, maybe Duchene and MacKinnon. But if they make it work I don't see why the Habs can't. Even Pitts back in the day with Crosby-Malkin-Staal. I understand it's not even a comparable, but if the Habs can run Galchenyuk-Desharnais-Eller they can spend a lot more money on other things like defence and wingers.
- Comment on Habs’ rookie camp wraps up as Scherbak gets in scrimmage (2014-09-17 09:18:14)
Just to play Devil's advocate. I don't think that's necessarily the case. There are plenty of teams that play with two offensive centres. http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=725112 Playing with a 1-2 of Galchenyuk and Desharnais isn't unfathomable.