lach60Member since October 17, 2008
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player: Saku Koivu
- Comment on Habs looking to clinch playoff home-ice advantage vs. Islanders (2014-04-10 14:17:41)
I would assume so. They have a lager, ale, and pilsner, then the potato one as a specialty. I know in the summer they'll have the potato brew out, I'd recommend the trip, nice drive anyways.
- Comment on Habs looking to clinch playoff home-ice advantage vs. Islanders (2014-04-10 14:08:38)
@Luke regarding breweries, if you're willing to drive about an hour, there's a very nice brewery in LaSalette, in the Delhi-Simcoe area. It's run by the Picard family of Picard's Peanuts. They have a potato beer that's really good, not sure if they have any right now though. Either way, worth checking out. It's called Ramblin' Road Brewery. http://www.ramblinroad.ca/
- Comment on Budaj to start for Habs vs. Sens; Beaulieu called up after Murray suspended 3 games (2014-04-04 09:42:11)
Respectfully disagree. The man is a legend in that industry. Look forward to Craig Ferguson taking over. He will be great for them.
- Comment on Budaj to start for Habs vs. Sens; Beaulieu called up after Murray suspended 3 games (2014-04-03 15:38:01)
krob, if I remember correctly, when Desharnais broke into the league in 2010 he played 43 games and had 23 points playing on the 3rd line with limited minutes. Pretty impressive numbers for a 3rd line centre playing 10-12 minutes a game, with Gomez and Plekanec as the numbers 1 and 2 centres.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-03-30 13:18:59)
Love what Plekanec does for Montreal but I'm hoping Pacioretty is the next captain. Loved that A on his sweater.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-03-21 10:02:15)
I think a long stretch on the wing would help him in the long run, whether he plays centre or wing. Maybe a little less responsibility will allow him to take some more chances and gain some confidence.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-03-21 09:59:47)
mattyleg...you made some great points regarding the Eller v DD debate. I agree that it shouldn't and isn't about DD v Eller. I know I'm a DD supporter but that doesn't make me an Eller non-believer. It's pretty tough to dislike a Danish person, one of the best places to live in the world. I like Eller as a hockey player and hope he stays and succeeds with the Habs. But to say that for him to succeed DD has to go is farfetched. No one has demonstrated an ability to replace DD's playmaking skillset. I don't see why we can't keep both and drop the whole DD v Eller argument. As matty said, different styles and skillsets. They are not the same player or relied upon for the same role.
- Comment on Injured Prust won’t be in Habs lineup against Blue Jackets (2014-03-20 15:22:45)
Haha that was perfect. Good laugh.
- Comment on Injured Prust won’t be in Habs lineup against Blue Jackets (2014-03-20 13:16:54)
I do agree with you, but I don't believe Mackinnon is a fair example either as he is clearly a better player than Galchenyuk. It is upsetting to see a guy like Seguin have 67 in 81 in his sophomore season, but his numbers are comparable to Huberdeau's who was also a number 3 pick.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-03-19 09:27:08)
Good points you bring up. Mackinnon looked dominant out there. I went to see him last year in Halifax and it doesn't look like he's lost a beat playing with men. In regards to DD, I know I'm a biased DD fan, but I don't believe any of the Habs centres could produce like him even if paired with Pacioretty and Vanek. There's a reason Pacioretty wants to play with DD. And for those who say he's not a number 1 centre, he's not paid like one. It should be a plus that he's paired with 2 number 1 guys and paid like a number 3 guy...and he's producing like a number 1B or 2 centre right now.