Irishhabsfan - (Eugene Crookes)Member since October 15, 2008
Habs fan since: 1966
Favorite current player: Carey Price
All-time favorite player: Yvon Cornyier
- Comment on Canadiens legend Jean Béliveau dies at age 83 (2014-12-03 13:48:33)
As a twelve year old in 1966 coming from Belfast hockey was very alien to me. after learning the concepts of the game I became a proud Habs fan. I was amazed at how Jean Beliveau moved effortlessly up and down the ice and with the flick of the wrist deposit the puck onto a team-mates stick or in the back of the net. A gentleman off the ice, he made the world a better place and will be sorely missed by family, friends, fans and players alike. I am very fortunate to have seen him play for a few years. Rest in Peace Sir, you will never be forgotten
- Comment on “This is the tightest group we’ve ever had,” Price says of Habs (Video) (2014-06-01 12:19:44)
Even if Pricey had not been injured, if someone told me in October that come the end of May the Habs would make to within two wins of the finals I doubt if I, or most of you would have believed it. Thanks guys for giving me your best playoff year in quite a while, cannot wait to get back to Montreal for a game next year. The mecca of the N.H.L. is definitley the Bell Centre.
- Comment on HI/O Show: ‘One of the wildest games I’ve ever seen’ (2014-05-29 11:34:10)
Here is hoping a little Dryden magic rubs into the entire team!
- Comment on About this afternoon … (early bitter-disappointment edition) (2014-05-17 16:59:46)
I remember the series against the Rangers , 1971 I think, Rangers win the first at The Forum, our Habs the next four. One play inparticular still stands out in my mind,Laperiere picks up the puck behind his own net and stickhandles all the way up ice and deposits said puck in the back of the Rangers net. So, no worries yet!
- Comment on Habs counting on a rebound season from Price (2013-09-05 12:14:42)
No worries....I think everything is ok in Carey's world. What a time to improve, sits well for the Olympics.
- Comment on Habs GM Bergevin “100 per cent” behind Carey Price (2013-05-14 10:00:34)
I wrote this 23 years ago,who would have thought 23 more years have been added. Sing along to Queen's Another one bites the dust if you like. Irishhabsfan THE MAPLE LEAF FAN'S LAMENT IT'S THE MAPLE LEAF FAN'S LAMENT ANOTHER BLOODY YEAR IS SPENT MAYBE NEXT YEAR, MAYBE NEXT YEAR IT'S THE MAPLE LEAF FAN'S LAMENT ANOTHER YEAR BITES THE DUST ANOTHER YEAR BITES THE DUST ANOTHER ONE'S GONE ANOTHER ONE'S GONE FORTY SIX LONG YEARS WITHOUT LORD STANLEY'S CUP IT'S THE MAPLE LEAF FAN'S LAMENT ANOTHER BLOODY YEAR IS SPENT MAYBE NEXT YEAR, MAYBE NEXT YEAR IT'S THE MAPLE LEAF FAN'S LAMENT
- Comment on Habs GM Bergevin “100 per cent” behind Carey Price (2013-05-13 16:20:01)
Management is on course. All that is needed is a little fine tuning. I think the fishbowl effect of playing in Montreal is greater than that of Toronto. Kudo's to Carey for speaking the truth. He was signed to a six year contract for a very good reason... his abilities. I would bet next year he will have his naysayers all eating crow. Cannot wait until next October!
- Comment on GM Bergevin to hold press conference on Monday (2013-05-10 16:58:44)
Thank you ,thank you ,thank you to the entire team and eveyone of it's employee's! Do not forget the Habs went from 15th last year to division champs in one year, anything can and has happened in the playoffs ...look at the Iles vs Pens series, who would have thought it would be going to a sixth game.
- Comment on Habs practise after Price named Molson Cup Player of the Year (2013-04-29 11:52:24)
The fans have spoken, I'll bet I am not the first to say his mojo will be back come Thursday, that is if he is not playing hurt. GO HABS!
- Comment on About last night … (2013-04-28 13:23:30)
For those of you that are old enough to remember the 70's in Hollywood there was a t.v. show named Chuck Barris and the Gong Show...fast forward to 2013 in Toronto, we have Randy Carlyle and the Goon Show. Goon hockey does not work well in the playoff's..just hold your noses until the smell disappears!