CharlieHodgeFanMember since October 12, 2008
Habs fan since: 1962
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player: Henri Richard
- Comment on Canadiens given two days off; Nathan Beaulieu sent to Hamilton (2014-11-24 17:29:31)
PK has not been much on the pp. He should be the quarterback, and that isn't happening. He is the top rated offensive d-man in the lineup, and he should be a powerplay force. We need someone in front of the net, and DD ain't that guy. That's one problem. But where is our ordinary, unspectacular Subban in all this?
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens have MSG issues (2014-11-23 20:51:16)
Yup. No Gallagher. No Galchenyuk. Eller's not there. Sekac doesn't exist. Tokarski? A myth.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens have MSG issues (2014-11-23 20:30:54)
It's time for Subban to step up.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens have MSG issues (2014-11-23 18:44:02)
Tell Lucic that.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens have MSG issues (2014-11-23 17:37:39)
Emelin's Scrotum. I believe we have a death metal band name there. But if Emelin's scrotum had guts, would it not be Emelin's hernia?
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens have MSG issues (2014-11-23 17:34:08)
It's in to go after Desharnais again, and the flaws in his game are there to be seen. But in plus/minus, our little Desharnais is 8th in the League. By contrast, Subban is 178th. Subban brings a lot more than points in the way he is played against, but his stats are pretty dismal, and he seems to have left a chunk of his game in Monaco. What's up with Subban? Where is the PP quarterback, and the constant threat?
- Comment on Canadiens will face well-rested Rangers team; prospect Nikita Scherbak suffers back injury (2014-11-23 16:35:58)
As much as I wish Souray had stayed a Hab, Markov has been a much better player. Sheldon's bomb from the point was a delight. But Markov has been an all around better rounded defenceman. When Subban starts scoring from the power-play, we won't miss Souray as much, but the man was a ray of light on some forgettable teams.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-11-23 09:41:57)
Conspiracy is essential to our lives as fans. There must be a ref's bias, or Campbell's Dad (that one's real!). There must always be a Chris Lee or Kerry Fraser, or what is life? If your team beats the Bruins, beats the refs and beats Gregory's Daddy - that is a lot more fun than beating a rival 2-0 in a kind of flat, low energy game.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-11-23 09:22:04)
I want the Bruins to be a very good team - fast, tough, talented and endlessly crushed by the Habs. The better they are, the more fun it is to see them lose. I want them always to have Lucic-brained players, and to endlessly implode in the management boxes and bench because they can't get past our team. I want them to clone themselves coaches like Don Cherry, to fall victim to bonehead penalties, to lose fights, to have epic collapses (from great heights) and to generally suffer the tortures of the damned, in yellow and black. We have had some pathetic teams in Montreal over the years, and I don't wish that on my Boston fan friends. I am certain my Boston friends don't wish that on us, and hope we always have a great team that falls flat on its face against them. That's what rival fans dream of. They have a recent Stanley Cup, and we don't. That has to be rectified. But no matter what, I want the Bruins to always be a team to respect, even if there are always 22 seconds left in the third and the Habs are beating them 3-1, once again. Dammit, wrote this while the 'anti long hubris" thing was being posted. I'm out of step again.
- Comment on Liveblog: Price hangs a goose egg on Bruins (2014-11-22 21:16:52)
The seventh twitch is always evil.