100HABS - (100habs)Member since October 10, 2008
Habs fan since: forever
Favorite current player: Markov
All-time favorite player: carbonneau
- Comment on Markov as next Habs captain? (2014-08-18 18:56:28)
To me, Plekanec is the only option that makes sense. Markov: too shy, too intraverted, though should wear an A for sure. Subban: too emotional, speaks too fast without thinking. Maybe in 4-5 years, we'll see if and when he grows up. Prust: marginal player with a style that will lead to injuries and a short carreer. Probly a good leader, but not captain material. Gallagher: simply too young, maybe one day. MaxPac: seems non-committal, works on himself not others. But this is just what I see from afar, I have no idea how he is in the room and how he's respected by peers. Back to Plekanec: great example, always works hard and gives it his all. Frank and straight with the media, well-spoken. Good leader on the ice and good media personality. Again, though, I do not know his relationship with the rest of the team, and I believe this is absolutely critical in choosing a captain. IMHO.
- Comment on Gorges stunned by Habs’ desire to trade him, now waiting for next move (2014-06-30 20:12:20)
This may not be popular and I know Gorges was Boone's man, but if I'm in the Hab's locker room, I'm happy. In 24CH, you could always hear his low-tone yell and the constant repetition of inane encouragement he gave in the room. If I'm in the room, he's getting on my nerves. I think his leadership qualities were overrrated.
- Comment on Habs will clear out lockers Saturday in Brossard (2014-05-30 20:36:39)
The Poll: 1 - why is Price not there? He was our best player until he left, then we lost. Toker did great, but I think we would have won game 4 with Price... changes everything... 2 - I can't believe Weiss has more votes than Eller! Eller was clutch, he worked hard and kept producing despite constantly changing partners. like most, I chose Subban - most ice time, most points, and although he was not always elite, he made the greatest positive difference.
- Comment on Habs will clear out lockers Saturday in Brossard (2014-05-30 20:25:58)
good post. Agree overall. But I think if you start in October, you'll be able to have Tinordi/Pateryn with Subban. And we do need to replace Vanek on the first line.
- Comment on ‘This isn’t something that can’t be done,’ Habs’ Gionta says of a comeback (2014-05-26 18:53:16)
Look at our scoring in the playoffs. 4 of our top 5 are 25 or under (Subban, Eller, Gallagher, and Patches). The only other in the top 5 won't be there next year - that's Vanek. Gotta admit, the future looks bright. So maybe they don't go all the way this year, but they'll get the experience to do it in the next couple years for sure...
- Comment on Tokarski will start for Habs again in Game 3 vs. Rangers (with practice video) (2014-05-21 16:36:57)
Vanek - Eller - Bourque
- Comment on HI/O Show: Bring on the Rangers! (2014-05-15 21:56:32)
good post, good point. Briere has been showing excellent attitude and showing that he can help in the playoffs.
- Comment on HI/O Show: Bring on the Rangers! (2014-05-15 21:55:12)
He was PVR'ing the game. He cried because you ruined it for him... been there
- Comment on Liveblog: Eastern Semifinal Game 3: Canadiens win 4-2, take series lead (2014-05-06 23:04:54)
100% I'd love to see white instead of Moen right now. Also above Prust, judging on the way he's played the last few gaems.
- Comment on Liveblog: Eastern Semi-final Game 2 – Canadiens blow third-period lead, series tied (2014-05-03 14:33:06)