100HABS - (100habs)Member since October 10, 2008
Habs fan since: forever
Favorite current player: Markov
All-time favorite player: carbonneau
- Comment on AUDIO: Former Habs captain Saku Koivu announces his retirement (2014-09-11 16:33:24)
TSN talks about NHL rules changes, including: The goaltender's restricted area will also be expanded with the trapezoid now extending an additional two feet on both sides of the post. This is the silliest rule ever and now they're making worse!?!? I thought the discussion was on removing that stupid trapezoid altogether - that's my vote - not making it bigger. Besides, Marty Brodeur will be retiring soon.
- Comment on AUDIO: Former Habs captain Saku Koivu announces his retirement (2014-09-10 13:07:27)
How many stories like this could Habs fans cite? Koivu's class is rivalled only by Jean Béliveau, the other longest-serving Canadiens Captain.
- Comment on AUDIO: Former Habs captain Saku Koivu announces his retirement (2014-09-10 12:54:39)
One thing that shouldn't change is that the Habs have never retired a jersey for someone who was not in the hall of fame. Is Saku going to be inducted in the Hockey hall of fame? His numbers don't suggest he will be.
- Comment on AUDIO: Former Habs captain Saku Koivu announces his retirement (2014-09-10 12:43:45)
About retiring #11, many think it should happen, many think it won't.. because they never won a cup with Koivu. Sad, but possibly true. The sad part is, he didn't win a cup due to bad management and so-so teams. Notice he did not thank Peanut (Houle) and André Savard... It wasn't a lack of leadership, work effort, courage, or talent that can be blamed for not winning a cup during his years.
- Comment on AUDIO: Former Habs captain Saku Koivu announces his retirement (2014-09-10 12:35:55)
My eyes water a bit just thinking back to it today!
- Comment on Markov as next Habs captain? (2014-08-18 18:56:28)
To me, Plekanec is the only option that makes sense. Markov: too shy, too intraverted, though should wear an A for sure. Subban: too emotional, speaks too fast without thinking. Maybe in 4-5 years, we'll see if and when he grows up. Prust: marginal player with a style that will lead to injuries and a short carreer. Probly a good leader, but not captain material. Gallagher: simply too young, maybe one day. MaxPac: seems non-committal, works on himself not others. But this is just what I see from afar, I have no idea how he is in the room and how he's respected by peers. Back to Plekanec: great example, always works hard and gives it his all. Frank and straight with the media, well-spoken. Good leader on the ice and good media personality. Again, though, I do not know his relationship with the rest of the team, and I believe this is absolutely critical in choosing a captain. IMHO.
- Comment on Gorges stunned by Habs’ desire to trade him, now waiting for next move (2014-06-30 20:12:20)
This may not be popular and I know Gorges was Boone's man, but if I'm in the Hab's locker room, I'm happy. In 24CH, you could always hear his low-tone yell and the constant repetition of inane encouragement he gave in the room. If I'm in the room, he's getting on my nerves. I think his leadership qualities were overrrated.
- Comment on Habs will clear out lockers Saturday in Brossard (2014-05-30 20:36:39)
The Poll: 1 - why is Price not there? He was our best player until he left, then we lost. Toker did great, but I think we would have won game 4 with Price... changes everything... 2 - I can't believe Weiss has more votes than Eller! Eller was clutch, he worked hard and kept producing despite constantly changing partners. like most, I chose Subban - most ice time, most points, and although he was not always elite, he made the greatest positive difference.
- Comment on Habs will clear out lockers Saturday in Brossard (2014-05-30 20:25:58)
good post. Agree overall. But I think if you start in October, you'll be able to have Tinordi/Pateryn with Subban. And we do need to replace Vanek on the first line.
- Comment on ‘This isn’t something that can’t be done,’ Habs’ Gionta says of a comeback (2014-05-26 18:53:16)
Look at our scoring in the playoffs. 4 of our top 5 are 25 or under (Subban, Eller, Gallagher, and Patches). The only other in the top 5 won't be there next year - that's Vanek. Gotta admit, the future looks bright. So maybe they don't go all the way this year, but they'll get the experience to do it in the next couple years for sure...