Thurston - (Ron Giofu)Member since October 9, 2008
Habs fan since: 1973
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player: Guy Lafleur
- Comment on Martin Brodeur would take backup job with Habs if offered (2014-09-05 17:15:06)
I totally agree.
- Comment on Familiar faces on Sportsnet’s NHL broadcast team (2014-08-28 17:59:50)
Supposedly Sportsnet is considering picking up a regional English package of Canadiens' games. That would be good for those who live in that region, but for fans like me, we're still screwed it would appear.
- Comment on Familiar faces on Sportsnet’s NHL broadcast team (2014-08-28 17:54:23)
I am always glad to hear when another person turns the TV off when Cherry comes on. Thank you.
- Comment on Familiar faces on Sportsnet’s NHL broadcast team (2014-08-28 17:52:34)
So many of the same meatheads that were on HNIT are now polluting the airwaves on Sportsnet? Yeesh. I'm glad I have decided to only watch the Habs and nothing else, and since I live in southwestern Ontario, it doesn't appear I'll be seeing the Habs that often. On a side note, will Bettman and Pierre-Karl Peladeau be discussing expansion plans that the league is denying are happening? Will PKP assure Bettman that he can pay the expansion fee by outlining a plan to lay off more employees?
- Comment on Cournoyer speaks about vacant Habs captaincy (2014-08-26 15:16:07)
Vanek might put up nice numbers with the Wild, but I won't miss him. He never looked like he wanted to be in Montreal and his disappearing act in the playoffs reinforced that viewpoint. He can enjoy his life in Minnesota - that's where his mind seemed to be when his body was in Montreal. Just my two cents.
- Comment on ‘So far, so good,’ Habs’ Price says about offseason training (2014-08-21 12:56:01)
1) Elvis 2) Count Basie 3) TV theme songs written by Sherwood Schwartz
- Comment on Subban wasn’t fazed by arbitration hearing with Habs (2014-08-06 13:45:06)
Habs finish 13th in the Hockey News ranking of logos. http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/nhl-logo-rankings-no-13-montreal-canadiens/
- Comment on (AUDIO) Subban signs eight-year deal with Habs averaging $9 million a season (2014-08-02 19:25:36)
I disagree that Molson intervened as I would have to assume he was part of the entire process to begin with. When you are talking about the tens of millions that players like Subban command, ownership will always be involved as it is their money. I'm sure Bergevin had regular contact with ownership during this negotiation and with other negotiations.
- Comment on (AUDIO) Subban signs eight-year deal with Habs averaging $9 million a season (2014-08-02 17:06:42)
P.K.'s conference call with reporters has been moved to 6 p.m., in case people are interested in listening to it on the radio (assuming stations are broadcasting it live.)
- Comment on (AUDIO) Subban signs eight-year deal with Habs averaging $9 million a season (2014-08-02 16:22:51)
Exellent. I'm hearing rumblings this Subban guy signed as well for $72 million over eight years. I would be in agreement with such a contract. You have to pay your best players big money and that is what occurred.