Chelios24 - (jackman)Member since May 30, 2014
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Eller agrees to four-year, $14-million deal with Habs (2014-07-24 17:04:50)
I don't think it's a bad contract but why are most people on here sold on Eller being a valuable asset worth keeping for four more seasons? I realize he had a good playoffs but let's not forget he was awful this past regular season (26 points and -15 in a contract year!). He had no confidence and I'm not sure exactly what type of player he is. He's not really skilled enough offensively to be a top two line player and lacks the muscle mass, toughness and meanness to play an effective checking role. I guess he's a nice two-way player to have on your 3rd line when he's playing well. I just hope his motivation doesn't go down the toilet now that he's signed for four more seasons. I hate to say it because I was hoping he'd work out as a top player when Habs traded Halak, but I don't think Eller is a winning player in the NHL because he's quite soft for his size and lacks consistent inner drive. I suppose he could still improve and 'come into his own' as a player given he's only 25.
- Comment on Habs’ Desharnais shoots 88 at Royal Montreal (2014-07-23 11:21:54)
fair enough, we'll see
- Comment on Habs’ Desharnais shoots 88 at Royal Montreal (2014-07-23 11:18:22)
yes. I'm not sold on Emelin as being anything better than mediocre and frankly think he's bad defensively (obviously I like his big hitting).
- Comment on Habs’ Desharnais shoots 88 at Royal Montreal (2014-07-23 11:11:30)
How can The Rangers sign Kreider and Zuccarello for so little (relatively speaking)? Makes me sick. And we're paying $4M/season long-term for Emelin? Also, giving that 3rd year to Markov at his age at $5.75M/season was a big mistake. Our best prospects right now are defensemen!
- Comment on Brisebois leaving job as Habs player development coach (2014-07-18 12:02:47)
Losing Gallant will prove more costly than most people think. He was like a second head coach back there. I think Therrien is a good motivator but not particularly intelligent
- Comment on Brisebois leaving job as Habs player development coach (2014-07-18 12:00:30)
Eller is tall enough but I think he lacks the size/strength to be a very effective 3rd line player (and doubt he'll get the chance to play much on the first two lines).
- Comment on Brisebois leaving job as Habs player development coach (2014-07-18 11:58:20)
- Comment on Fans pack Bell Sports Complex to watch final scrimmage at development camp (2014-07-14 12:38:31)
So is the expectation that Moen, Prust and Tinordi will handle all necessary fighting responsibilities against Boston and Toronto (and others) this coming season? or will Bergevin pick up someone else for that? I realize leadership and character are mostly separate from fighting (or defending teammates), but boy have Habs lost leadership and toughness this off-season. With Prust and Moen middleweights at best and often injured, is anyone else concerned?
- Comment on Gionta, Gorges headed to Sabres; Habs sign Malhotra, Weaver and others (2014-07-01 17:25:22)
Right, I'm sure Therrien will just love that Subban will have an even bigger ego and will be making $8 million/season. They got along and seemed to communicate so well last season. Therrien barely said one proactive positive thing about Subban's play until the playoffs when it was obvious they needed him. My take is that the Therrien/Subban relationship is tenuous at best. I doubt Therrien is happy to have to coach him.
- Comment on Gionta, Gorges headed to Sabres; Habs sign Malhotra, Weaver and others (2014-07-01 17:11:55)
Right. Wow. And this Subban contract drag-out all summer is also going to help that "much better relationship", right?