Chelios24 - (jackman)Member since May 30, 2014
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Liveblog: Crosby scores in OT to win it for Pittsburgh. (2015-01-10 22:01:54)
When was the last big hit Emelin dished out? How big of an issue is his contract?
- Comment on Liveblog: Bad bounce sinks Canadiens (2014-11-28 19:49:25)
- Comment on Liveblog: Bad bounce sinks Canadiens (2014-11-28 19:49:00)
Staged fights are a joke. Sending written invitations to scrap and then mutual thanking each other. Brilliant. Has a lot to do with putting the puck over the oppositions goal line.
- Comment on Liveblog: Price hangs a goose egg on Bruins (2014-11-22 17:38:14)
or I fear it might have him on the lookout for a fight tonight or aggressive dirty play against us. I hate the guy but I laugh when posters on here seem to indicate Lucic is a coward or can't fight, that's just not the case.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-10-31 11:15:14)
I basically agree. We're such a nice/soft team to play against (i.e. Pacioretty, Gilbert, Desharnais, Parenteau, Bourque, Eller, Galchenyuk, Plekanec, Weaver). I wish Tinordi had an inherent mean streak but I don't think he does. Moen and Prust are shells of their former selves. Our D-core is clearly below average defensively. Eller and Bourque are embarrassingly inconsistent and underwhelming regular season players and I also don't think Subban knows what type of player he wants to (or should) be.
- Comment on Habs ride 4-game win streak into Edmonton vs surging Oilers (2014-10-27 14:37:00)
Do you like Subban's new contract? (from the point of view of whether you expect to get fair value back and how it might affect the rest of the team and Bergevin's ability to salary cap manage?)
- Comment on About last night … (2014-10-22 10:10:26)
or have Weise go flying skates first into Lundquist
- Comment on Weise back in lineup, Sekac out for Habs vs. Red Wings (2014-10-21 17:20:54)
After some further thought, I agree. Maybe it was the "young team" comment and the sense I get that Therrien and Bergevin seem to consciously (at least publicly) lower expectations for their team. I'd prefer if he said "tonight's game is a challenge but I think we're up to it and need to be if we're going to build on last season's performance". I find they baby the team a little with their comments. Perhaps some of it is to protect their own jobs.
- Comment on Weise back in lineup, Sekac out for Habs vs. Red Wings (2014-10-21 17:02:38)
Not everything is black and white. I guess it's easy for you to respond obnoxiously like that and assume I meant the exact opposite (i.e. there's no challenge whatsoever) of what Therrien said. I'm aware there are different approaches and I guess almost all coaches have to state that every game is tough. I just felt he went slightly overboard for an early regular season game.
- Comment on Weise back in lineup, Sekac out for Habs vs. Red Wings (2014-10-21 16:54:37)
"A hell of a challenge"? Has Therrien forgotten that the Habs made the semi-finals last season? Are the Habs younger than the Red Wings? I guess most games must be "a hell of a challenge" (I suppose many are). I very much respect the Red Wings style of play and talent but I hate Therrien and Bergevin always understating their own team's chances of success. I know he may be doing it for the media but take off the training wheels! They should be aiming for the Cup this season (not just making the playoffs)! Players need to feel some pressure and cracking of the whip or they'll coast too much over 82 games, especially in Montreal where the media often overreacts with too much admiration and attention after their wins.