Norm0770 - (Norman Hughes)Member since November 9, 2007
Habs fan since: 1978
Favorite current player: Josh Gorges
All-time favorite player: Guy LaFleur
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 5 – Senators end Canadiens season (2013-05-09 19:09:45)
Missed the pregame. Did PJ Stock find a way to blame Subban for the injury to Price? Or the situation in Syria?
- Comment on Updated: Habs’ Max Pacioretty a Masterton finalist (2012-04-24 18:51:26)
It really depends on which way he is facing at the time. At one end of the ice he would end up with a break away, at the other he ends up behind the net. Nashville may have changed their home and away benches to take advantage of this phenomenon.
- Comment on Monday mourning (2012-02-20 09:36:37)
Mr. Boone, I just read Jack Todd's article and a question I posed on here a few months ago came back to mind. Would the media and public in Montreal accept a unilingual anglo GM that actually addresses the media verses the secrecy of the current tight lipped regime? I understand the need and desire to have a bilingual coach as he addesses the media after each game and practice, and is the public face of the franchise and represents the direction of the club, but the GM role seem a little different to me. I'm just curious about your feelings on this. Thanks, Norm
- Comment on Multimedia after Buffalo beats Canadiens (2012-02-01 00:13:45)
At this point get any asset you can from the expendable pieces. Enough players over the years have been let go for nothing only to miss the playoffs or lose in the first round. So trade any UFA that someone else wants...
- Comment on Liveblog: Winning streak stops at 2 (2012-01-10 22:09:39)
Hopefully less than that. I don't think he should be left making desperate decisions at the trade deadline to try to squeek into the playoffs.
- Comment on Liveblog: Winning streak stops at 2 (2012-01-10 21:54:50)
To create rebounds they would actually have to hit the net.
- Comment on At least it’s a white Christmas (2011-12-23 19:31:42)
I think Molson is just letting it play out. A good owner/president leaves the hockey operations to the hockey personnel, unlike Larry Tennenbaum in Toronto. Mr Molson has given Gauitier the leway to build a team, and when he fails to produce a winner, as it seems he has, then Molson comes in to do the house cleaning. This should only be done once Mr. Molson has taken his time to find the right GM to build a winner and satisfy the political entities and media. Rash moves, paticularly during the season rarely produce good results (see Ronald Corey's tenure). Gautier will be gone, probably before the trade deadline to prevent and more rash moves to try and save his own skin.
- Comment on At least it’s a white Christmas (2011-12-23 12:11:07)
He knew enough french for the sound bites and made the effort, which goes a long way.
- Comment on At least it’s a white Christmas (2011-12-23 12:08:19)
Have you watched PK play lately? More turnovers than a pastry shop. The turnovers are not from being pressured but from making ridiculous plays. I agree the effort is there but he should be making the easier play.
- Comment on At least it’s a white Christmas (2011-12-23 12:03:31)