HairyHabist - (Bryan Atkinson)Member since May 15, 2014
Habs fan since: Richard
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Game Within the Game: Habs’ Galchenyuk at centre (2014-09-30 07:51:49)
More to my point. There's nobody on this team other teams are afraid of. In terms of either talent or toughness. The game plan for beating them will be, take advantage. And therefore injuries could become a factor.
- Comment on Game Within the Game: Habs’ Galchenyuk at centre (2014-09-30 07:22:15)
They have more mid level depth than last year. But they didn't replace Parros and it's debatable how much more punishment guys like Prust and Moen can take. Tinordi and Malhotra should help. But tougher teams will be running at them like a few years go, and injuries could become a factor again. It depends on who gets injured and for how long. Out performing last year's over achievement is unlikely. But they should still be Canada's best team.
- Comment on Liveblog : Canadiens suffer first preseason loss, 2-0 to Caps (2014-09-29 10:25:20)
So what you're saying is, not having Gorges to cover for him is going to hurt PK?
- Comment on Liveblog : Canadiens suffer first preseason loss, 2-0 to Caps (2014-09-29 09:05:19)
Maybe I think more of PK's talent than you do. I think PK has the potential to be the best D man I’ve seen since Bobby Orr. But he has to improve his defensive play. BTW, I still think Orr was the best hockey player I ever saw. And that includes, Gretzky, Lemieux and Crosby.
- Comment on Liveblog : Canadiens suffer first preseason loss, 2-0 to Caps (2014-09-29 08:56:26)
I think PK has the potential to be the best D man I've seen since Bobby Orr. But not if he doesn't improve his defensive play. BTW, I agree with MB's decision to give him the $72 mil.
- Comment on Liveblog : Canadiens suffer first preseason loss, 2-0 to Caps (2014-09-29 08:39:46)
You willing to guarantee it won't happen in the regular season? Sorry for thinking of what a player he could be if he did that without making the defensive mistakes that cost his team games.
- Comment on Liveblog : Canadiens suffer first preseason loss, 2-0 to Caps (2014-09-29 08:28:20)
How many of those guys didn't dress for the Olympics because of their reputation for defensive inadequacy? The team made a commitment to PK. He needs to make a commitment to the team to improve his defensive play.
- Comment on Liveblog : Canadiens suffer first preseason loss, 2-0 to Caps (2014-09-29 07:56:50)
Anybody notice it was the $72 million dollar man who made the defensive mistake that cost his team the game? He was the guy who coughed up the puck behind the Habs net which resulted in Ward getting 2 unimpeded point blank shots on Price with 1:29 left in the game.
- Comment on Habs will go with four alternate captains this season (2014-09-15 19:04:30)
Even if Pacioretty or Subban were ready now, which in the Canadiens traditional scheme of things could be debatable, would it not be a slight to overlook Plekanec or Markov? But Plekanec and Markov are not likely to be with the team beyond their current contracts. So it's like Bergevin has done a 2 to 3 year bridge Captaincy to whoever between Pacioretty and Subban is more appropriate at that time.
- Comment on Habs ink three-year deal with Sportsnet for regional TV coverage (2014-09-03 14:08:27)
I get Sportsnet East, Ontario, West, Pacific and 360 with no restrictions. Whatever they see, I see.