HairyHabist - (Bryan Atkinson)Member since May 15, 2014
Habs fan since: Richard
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Habs trade Jiri Sekac to Anaheim for Devante Smith-Pelly (2015-02-24 15:48:48)
I'm not knocking Travis Moen. I simply saying scoring is scoring is their biggest problem and Sekac has more potential in that department than Smith-Pelley.
- Comment on Habs trade Jiri Sekac to Anaheim for Devante Smith-Pelly (2015-02-24 15:42:25)
All I see is a lot of whining that things have changed. Bell had the chance to match Rogers' $5.2 Billion contract but your boys declined. Get over it.
- Comment on Habs trade Jiri Sekac to Anaheim for Devante Smith-Pelly (2015-02-24 15:14:59)
And in return they got Travis Moen back. Except Smith-Pelley doesn't fight. What they gave up had more scoring potential than what they got. But it seems Sekac was on the outs with Therrien.
- Comment on Habs trade Jiri Sekac to Anaheim for Devante Smith-Pelly (2015-02-24 15:09:15)
You need to petition your service provider to give you access. Rogers is making more games than ever available but there's nothing they can do if your company refuses to pick it up. Either petition your own provider or switch to another company if you can.
- Comment on Habs trade Jiri Sekac to Anaheim for Devante Smith-Pelly (2015-02-24 14:53:41)
Scoring is the Habs biggest problem and they just made themselves worse in that department.
- Comment on Habs trade Jiri Sekac to Anaheim for Devante Smith-Pelly (2015-02-24 13:26:30)
Sekac' potential is a mid level scorer. Pelly-Smith a Travis Moen who doesn't fight. This trade not likely to make a whole lotta difference for either team. But it seems Sekac was on the outs with Therrien. So it had to be done.
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Senators preview: Tokarski, Pateryn, Sekac in lineup for Habs (2015-02-17 12:59:37)
I wasn't suggesting a trade. Maybe you didn't realize Chara and Jagr play on 2 different teams. I was asking the question, what gets them a Cup this year? When you want something, you have to give something. I don't see a trade, hockey or otherwise, giving them a better shot at a Cup this year than they already have. I would rather MB conserved the cap space he's going to inherit at the end of this season and use it in the free agent market where he doesn't have to give up anything.
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Senators preview: Tokarski, Pateryn, Sekac in lineup for Habs (2015-02-17 12:40:38)
If you replaced Emelin, Gallagher and Eller with Chara & Jagr, would it get you a Cup this year?
- Comment on About last night … (2015-02-15 09:33:43)
There is nothing in sports more intense and exciting than NHL playoff overtime. So why not take advantage of what we already know? Statistics show about 75% of playoff OT games are won within the first 10 minutes. So in regular season play one, sudden death, 10 minute, 5 on 5 OT period and 3 out of every 4 games will be decided. Teams will already have their point so there's nothing to stop them from going all out for the win. If it's still tied after 10 minutes then each team gets their point. It would be real hockey and a lot more exciting and intense than what they're doing now.
- Comment on Carey Price survives All-Star Game shootout (2015-01-26 17:49:55)
They're not going to scrap the mid season break. All leagues have an All Star weekend. It's too important from a sponsorship point of view. Keeping all the other All Star stuff would maintain the All star connection. But nobody; fans, players, media or sponsors, like the game itself the way it is. It's not added points. It's a regular season scheduled game. It just happens during the All Star weekend. Played in the All Star city. The Stanley Cup connection would create a natural interest. And the fact that it counts in the standings would make it a meaningful game The current rosters would be the ones that played. And the stars would be in attendance for the media to interview. When NHL All Star game interest was at it's highest, the Stanley Cup winner played an All Star team made up of players from the other teams. But that was in a 6 team league. In a 30 team league the Cup winner wouldn't have a chance. But both Cup finalists should be 2 good teams. And a meaningful game would raise the caliber of play and create interest in the game.