HairyHabist - (Bryan Atkinson)Member since May 15, 2014
Habs fan since: Richard
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on About last night … (2014-11-23 09:25:20)
There's nothing the Mamas would like better for their boys.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-11-23 09:01:05)
The Als are a team of destiny. They're going to win the Grey Cup. Why else would Jesus Alouette be their QB?
- Comment on Liveblog: The W streak ends, not with a bang but a whimper (2014-11-18 21:12:36)
I wouldn't have minded if the hockey gods made me eat my words. But 4 zip is too much to ask.
- Comment on Liveblog: The W streak ends, not with a bang but a whimper (2014-11-18 20:49:41)
No doubt the crybabies will be out in full force for the post game wrap up. But just like we have a history of taking care of Boston, PIT is our nemesis. It doesn't mean the Habs are a bad team.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens clip Wings 4-1, run win streak to six (2014-11-16 19:51:58)
Last night's win against Philly was the 1st of 6 games in 9 nights. After tonight in DET they're home Tues & Thurs against PIT & STL. Then next Sat & Sun road games in BOS & NYR. Tough week.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens clip Wings 4-1, run win streak to six (2014-11-16 19:29:49)
I couldn't take it. Switched to RDS.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens clip Wings 4-1, run win streak to six (2014-11-16 19:24:19)
Is there a more boring play by play pair anywhere in sport than Dave Randorf and his what's his face cohort?
- Comment on Habs trade Travis Moen to Dallas for Sergei Gonchar (2014-11-11 17:32:54)
The Rogers deal averages about $435 million annually. Roughly $300 million more than the combined sum TSN and CBC TV had been paying for national rights. The salary cap for 2015-16 is projected to be $7 million more than 2014-15 due to the extra revenue from the contract. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/globe-on-hockey/mirtle-how-the-nhls-salary-cap-will-jump-10-million-in-two-years/article15627506/ A $7mil cap increase would most likely come very close to covering the increase above what they're currently earning for the bridge contracts of all 4 of Gallagher, Galchenyuk, Beaulieu and Tinordi. Even when converted to US dollars.
- Comment on Habs trade Travis Moen to Dallas for Sergei Gonchar (2014-11-11 15:53:40)
The space they currently occupy coupled with the salary cap increase should help with that. Don't forget, this is the 1st year of Rogers $5.2 Billion contract with the NHL. So there will be a significant cap increase next year.
- Comment on Habs trade Travis Moen to Dallas for Sergei Gonchar (2014-11-11 15:24:12)
They need to improve the PP. Gonchar might help with that. If they keep Tinordi and Beaulieu, they'll gain $8.6mil in cap space next year with Moen gone, and UFA's Gonchar and Weaver off the books. Add to that the $1.6mil in cap space they would gain if they buy out Bourque next year. So potentially $10mil in cap space to look for a high scoring forward in the free agent market next July.