Marvin - (Marvin Matthews)Member since September 20, 2008
Habs fan since: 1971
Favorite current player: Brendan Gallagher
All-time favorite player: Jacques Lemaire
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens are 0-for-November (2014-11-02 22:03:42)
Why do fans and media feel the Habs have some divine right to win every game? Everyone just naturally expects them to beat Cgy because...why? I live in Cgy and see many of the Flames' games. They will outwork just about any team, and even with major injuries, they play really hard. Give them a bit more respect. I'm surprised by the final score, but not that Cgy won.
- Comment on Liveblog: Edmonton hangs goose egg on Canadiens (2014-10-27 23:40:58)
Going to the game tomorrow with my son. Since we moved here from Mtl, we have yet to see a Habs win in Calgary. I'm already dreading tomorrow.
- Comment on Liveblog: Edmonton hangs goose egg on Canadiens (2014-10-27 23:01:51)
Mike, the words on Ben Scrivens' mask is to raise awareness for mental illness.
- Comment on About last night …. (2014-10-09 12:36:46)
Ok "off-base" was probably the wrong choice of words. Mike's comment sounded like a dig against Toronto however as I mentioned, other teams did the same scarf thing last night.
- Comment on About last night …. (2014-10-09 11:30:19)
Hey Mike, The bar mitzvah comment while funny, is probably off-base. Last night's home opener in Calgary saw red Flames scarves handed out to all the fans. Maybe it's an opening night gesture that all the Cdn teams are doing.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-05-09 10:53:34)
"Connor McKenna called the big Swede the worst player in the NHL. Has the sportscaster forgotten Yannick Weber already?" Weber a Swede? Better check his Swiss passport.
- Comment on Game 1 Liveblog: Canadiens drop opener to Leafs 4-3 (2013-10-01 16:41:18)
Everyone hates staged fights, so if Parros-Orr go at it tonight, how is that not a staged fight? There is no reason for them to fight, but they will because it's expected.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens at Bruins (2013-03-03 21:03:20)
"If you can't score 5-on-3, you ain't winning." - come on Mike, this is Boston, arguably the second best team in the league, not Columbus!
- Comment on A milestone year for Habs’ Bouillon (2013-02-28 23:10:01)
Actually the Flames have quite a few interesting picks in the low minors. The last couple of drafts they've done pretty well, but it's just that most of the players are 2-3 years away (at least) from making a mark in the NHL.
- Comment on About last night … (2013-02-20 08:28:36)
Many Habs fans are among the most fickle fans in any sport. Years of winning can do that to you. It was only a few games ago that many (yes including you Mr Boone) were pushing this team under the bus after losing three in a row - and that was after claimng how great they were for winning their first set of games. Now we're back to proclaiming the greatness of the team. Pick one side guys, and stick to it.