Marvin - (Marvin Matthews)Member since September 20, 2008
Habs fan since: 1971
Favorite current player: Brendan Gallagher
All-time favorite player: Jacques Lemaire
- Comment on About last night …. (2014-10-09 12:36:46)
Ok "off-base" was probably the wrong choice of words. Mike's comment sounded like a dig against Toronto however as I mentioned, other teams did the same scarf thing last night.
- Comment on About last night …. (2014-10-09 11:30:19)
Hey Mike, The bar mitzvah comment while funny, is probably off-base. Last night's home opener in Calgary saw red Flames scarves handed out to all the fans. Maybe it's an opening night gesture that all the Cdn teams are doing.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-05-09 10:53:34)
"Connor McKenna called the big Swede the worst player in the NHL. Has the sportscaster forgotten Yannick Weber already?" Weber a Swede? Better check his Swiss passport.
- Comment on Game 1 Liveblog: Canadiens drop opener to Leafs 4-3 (2013-10-01 16:41:18)
Everyone hates staged fights, so if Parros-Orr go at it tonight, how is that not a staged fight? There is no reason for them to fight, but they will because it's expected.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens at Bruins (2013-03-03 21:03:20)
"If you can't score 5-on-3, you ain't winning." - come on Mike, this is Boston, arguably the second best team in the league, not Columbus!
- Comment on A milestone year for Habs’ Bouillon (2013-02-28 23:10:01)
Actually the Flames have quite a few interesting picks in the low minors. The last couple of drafts they've done pretty well, but it's just that most of the players are 2-3 years away (at least) from making a mark in the NHL.
- Comment on About last night … (2013-02-20 08:28:36)
Many Habs fans are among the most fickle fans in any sport. Years of winning can do that to you. It was only a few games ago that many (yes including you Mr Boone) were pushing this team under the bus after losing three in a row - and that was after claimng how great they were for winning their first set of games. Now we're back to proclaiming the greatness of the team. Pick one side guys, and stick to it.
- Comment on Liveblog: Leafs at Canadiens (2013-02-09 22:23:44)
What happened to all the praise you and others were giving this team? Big deal, they lost. I can take this for 40 games more than taking it for 80 games. If this is the way that it's going to be, give me a high draft pick. I'll take it.
- Comment on Liveblog: Leafs at Canadiens (2013-02-09 21:41:28)
Mike, you've been singing this team's praises, and now suddenly they're "awful"? Pls don't be a bandwagon jumper like the rest.
- Comment on Liveblog: Leafs at Canadiens (2013-02-09 21:25:37)
Aw c'mon Mike! A couple of games ago everyone is loving this team, now we're finding fault with all the players - "How much is left in the captain's tank at this point in his career?"