marlboro - (jon zucker)Member since September 17, 2008
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Brisebois leaving job as Habs player development coach (2014-07-19 14:39:10)
While I don't post often, I check in daily. To Habsgod, and your son Alex. I want you to know my deepest thoughts and prayers are with your family. From our family to yours! -Jon.
- Comment on Mike & Max’s excellent adventure: Weaver’s dream summer with Pacioretty (2014-07-09 21:20:42)
Didn't People said the same thing about Kovalev? He woke up for 4 and half years in Mtl. Just saying that the reward out weighs the risk. If he get 10 goals in today's nhl he's worth the million.
- Comment on Mike & Max’s excellent adventure: Weaver’s dream summer with Pacioretty (2014-07-09 21:11:07)
Can people honestly say, Heatly for a year at a million isn't worth the risk. I get some people may not like him. Or think he's lazy, or has "Character flaws" But a MILLION! One year!! No brainer IMO.
- Comment on Mike & Max’s excellent adventure: Weaver’s dream summer with Pacioretty (2014-07-09 19:38:41)
I mentioned signing Heatly to a one year ( prove me ) contract. Lots of people argued against it. The character issue. Well I guess Heatlys character wasn't an issue for the GM of the year..,
- Comment on Habs development camp underway in Brossard (VIDEO) (2014-07-09 10:06:04)
So If you had your choice to retire 3 sweaters in the next 3 years, who would you chose? Any player who played starting 1980 till present.
- Comment on Habs development camp underway in Brossard (VIDEO) (2014-07-09 09:51:01)
Good Points. I was interested in reading people thoughts on this subject. Mainly because, my guess would be that the older generation of posters here would argue against retiring 79. While the younger poster, such as yourself, might argue for it. I'm somewhere in the middle, though still consider myself in the younger category, I'm 33. I've been watching hockey for nearly 30 years, and I can clearly remember Gainey, Robinson and of course Roy, as the only players I've watched play, who's numbers have been retired. I would also agree with maybe altering our standards a bit.
- Comment on Habs development camp underway in Brossard (VIDEO) (2014-07-09 09:26:59)
- Comment on Habs development camp underway in Brossard (VIDEO) (2014-07-09 09:25:49)
That's for sure! A total disgrace IMO. I grew up in MTL West, remember when the painted the fire hydrant in front of his house like a little Canadiens player. He would sit outside as he got older, watching us play ball hockey in street. I just thought it was an old man. My father one day whispered, "do you know who that is?" Great Memories.
- Comment on Habs development camp underway in Brossard (VIDEO) (2014-07-09 09:22:10)
I agree totally. I'm just putting it out there. Compared to all the players who's sweaters are up there, its hard to justify retiring 79. The only point I would argue is that the make-up of the league has changed so much in the last decade or two, it seems we will never retire anyone ever again. Times of playing more then 8 or 9 years on the same team are over. Free agency basically killed the notion of playing on one, or maybe two teams for an entire career. Also, winning a Stanley cup has become nearly an impossible feat. Let alone multiple. 30 teams is much different then 6 or 12. Bet yes, I would also only reserve the honor to be given to the truly amazing. I guess part of being a Canadiens is the high standards we have. Markov's 79 I would argue, we be hung in almost any other building around the league.
- Comment on Habs development camp underway in Brossard (VIDEO) (2014-07-09 08:58:58)
Poll Question! Argument sake, Andrei Markov retires after his 3 year contract is up. Finishing his entire career as a Montreal Canadiens. Does his sweater get hung in the rafters?