marlboro - (jon zucker)Member since September 17, 2008
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Game Within the Game: The Carey Price ethos (2015-01-07 22:07:10)
Trade PK for Seguin?
- Comment on Best wishes from HIO to young Habs fan battling meningitis (2014-07-30 08:35:06)
Hi Ian, I have to disagree. I don't see any chance of P.K getting less then 7. MB and his team have so far proven to be an excellent manager of the cap. There is the 8-10 million available (with a few million to spare), and PK will get it. The reason the Canadiens haven't been in a situation where we had to pay top Money is because we haven't had a game changing player of PK's caliber in over 30 years. 20/20 hindsight, MB's mistake was not getting a 5, or 6 year 30-36 million $ deal done instead of the bridge. Carey, and Max's deals, and even IMO, Eller's are exactly why we will be in good shape cap wise for a while. Anyways, the missed their chance of signing PK to a cap friendly contract. Management told him to prove himself over the 2 years. He's done his job to the tune of a major, major raise. Time to bite the bullet and pay up.
- Comment on Brisebois leaving job as Habs player development coach (2014-07-19 14:39:10)
While I don't post often, I check in daily. To Habsgod, and your son Alex. I want you to know my deepest thoughts and prayers are with your family. From our family to yours! -Jon.
- Comment on Mike & Max’s excellent adventure: Weaver’s dream summer with Pacioretty (2014-07-09 21:20:42)
Didn't People said the same thing about Kovalev? He woke up for 4 and half years in Mtl. Just saying that the reward out weighs the risk. If he get 10 goals in today's nhl he's worth the million.
- Comment on Mike & Max’s excellent adventure: Weaver’s dream summer with Pacioretty (2014-07-09 21:11:07)
Can people honestly say, Heatly for a year at a million isn't worth the risk. I get some people may not like him. Or think he's lazy, or has "Character flaws" But a MILLION! One year!! No brainer IMO.
- Comment on Mike & Max’s excellent adventure: Weaver’s dream summer with Pacioretty (2014-07-09 19:38:41)
I mentioned signing Heatly to a one year ( prove me ) contract. Lots of people argued against it. The character issue. Well I guess Heatlys character wasn't an issue for the GM of the year..,
- Comment on Habs development camp underway in Brossard (VIDEO) (2014-07-09 10:06:04)
So If you had your choice to retire 3 sweaters in the next 3 years, who would you chose? Any player who played starting 1980 till present.
- Comment on Habs development camp underway in Brossard (VIDEO) (2014-07-09 09:51:01)
Good Points. I was interested in reading people thoughts on this subject. Mainly because, my guess would be that the older generation of posters here would argue against retiring 79. While the younger poster, such as yourself, might argue for it. I'm somewhere in the middle, though still consider myself in the younger category, I'm 33. I've been watching hockey for nearly 30 years, and I can clearly remember Gainey, Robinson and of course Roy, as the only players I've watched play, who's numbers have been retired. I would also agree with maybe altering our standards a bit.
- Comment on Habs development camp underway in Brossard (VIDEO) (2014-07-09 09:26:59)
- Comment on Habs development camp underway in Brossard (VIDEO) (2014-07-09 09:25:49)
That's for sure! A total disgrace IMO. I grew up in MTL West, remember when the painted the fire hydrant in front of his house like a little Canadiens player. He would sit outside as he got older, watching us play ball hockey in street. I just thought it was an old man. My father one day whispered, "do you know who that is?" Great Memories.