Iceberg84 - (Josh)Member since September 17, 2008
Habs fan since: 1990
Favorite current player: Martin St Louis
All-time favorite player: Saku Koivu
- Comment on Habs get a well-deserved day off (2013-12-06 13:48:21)
Interesting stat: The Canadiens lead the league so far this season in games played, wins, and points when leading after 2 with a 17-0-2 record. I suppose it just means that when the Habs have a lead, they're better than others at protecting it. Though it also speaks to their newfound superiority in the second period, something I think they've lacked in recent years. http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.htm?season=20132014&gameType=2&viewName=recordWhenLeading
- Comment on Habs, Bruins in battle for first place (2013-12-05 12:30:28)
Well said Claude Julien... Way to describe exactly how the Canadiens are doing compared to your team based entirely on a stats sheet that anyone could look at. Very astute.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 28 – Canadiens beat nemesis 3-2 (2013-12-02 22:08:12)
Thrilled about the win, but does anyone else think the Canadiens just CAN'T score into an empty net? I'd bet that if there were a stat for empty net opportunities and goals scored, the Habs would be close to if not dead last in the NHL over the last few seasons.
- Comment on Gionta, White out with upper-body injuries (video) (2013-05-07 15:25:15)
I'd give it to PK over Letang. even though Letang's numbers are better, you have to consider who his teammates are (and that goes both ways). But still, I'm always mixed on Norris nominations. Players with insanely high plus minuses should be considered as well, since they're clearly doing their job effectively.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens at Jets (2013-04-25 22:51:30)
How do we know their first playoff game will be Tuesday? Is there a schedule somewhere we can look at?
- Comment on Emelin out for the season with torn knee ligament (2013-04-08 22:58:40)
Not sure if this has already been posted but a friend of mine sent me this and it's pretty hilarious. Someone played around with footage from the last minute of the game against the Bruins on Saturday with entertaining results: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjY31kGVkVQ
- Comment on Ryder: “It’s good to be back” (2013-03-01 16:12:58)
Great! Thanks guys.
- Comment on Ryder: “It’s good to be back” (2013-03-01 15:29:06)
Does anyone know if there's a video interview with Ryder about the trade somewhere on the Internet? Also, does anyone know if it's possible to order/watch 24 CH in English, online?
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens at Buffalo (2013-02-07 21:42:58)
I blame Boone for this one. Happy with a point! YOU did this! Argh...
- Comment on THN ranks Carey Price as No. 5 goalie in NHL (2012-09-22 01:04:22)
Unrelated question to this post that may have already been discussed, but can someone explain to me what happens to a player's contract during a lockout? Specifically I'm thinking of Scott Gomez and how if the habs don't have to pay him during a lockout, it might be thin silver-lining to drop a year of his contract for nothing, assuming the lockout lasts all year long. So do the players just not get paid until the lockout is resolved and basically lose a year of their contracts for nothing?