AliMember since November 9, 2007
Habs fan since: 1995: Saw my first hockey game of my life live at the old Forum, The Habs vs The Sens. Koivu scored, and Roy was in nets. A little over a week later Roy was traded, talk about bad timing! I never saw the Habs lift a Cup.
Favorite current player: Saku Koivu
All-time favorite player: Saku Koivu
Oh Captain my Captain...
- Comment on Habs’ rookie camp wraps up as Scherbak gets in scrimmage (2014-09-16 18:16:20)
I think we saw in the playoffs with Beaulieu (and lack thereof with Tinordi) that they can play, but they need to win the confidence of the coaches. I think bringing them in slowly, working with guys like Markov and Subban will help them. Also, inevitably injuries will push them up to bigger minutes, and they'll learn through attrition. I'd say they'll both have bumpy years, but will be full time guys next year. Big question mark is Pateryn...can he steal a job?
- Comment on Habs’ rookie camp wraps up as Scherbak gets in scrimmage (2014-09-16 17:05:45)
1) I think you can try him there on the PP, try him there in offensive zone situations where the face-off is on his strong side (did this in the playoffs with Briere, Eller). And try him in games where you've got a big lead or a big deficit. It should be a work in progress. Long term, I think Pleks is a goner. 2) Both make the team, they rotate with Weaver for bottom pair minutes. 3) It's Sekac's job to lose, based on the fact that they, at the least, promised him a long look at camp. 4) Both, till they find a taker for one of them, likely Tokarski simply because I don't think Budaj has any value. 5) I googled it, and the results seem to be a unanimous no to the no-no.
- Comment on ‘So far, so good,’ Habs’ Price says about offseason training (2014-08-20 17:28:48)
gonna guess Gomez. edit: i was right, but only because of the level of incredulity at his response
- Comment on Eighth HI/O summit planned for Nov. 29th (2014-07-16 09:59:09)
way too arrogant for my taste. you'd think with their how smart they believe themselves to be, they'd just start coaching minor league teams, they'll be professional coaches in no time.
- Comment on Fans pack Bell Sports Complex to watch final scrimmage at development camp (2014-07-14 12:02:42)
nope, his contract would be still subject to the Luongo Rule (Luongo signed his contract before he was 35. Any cap benefit would still be applied retroactively if he retires early, same as Hossa.)
- Comment on Habs sign Weise to two-year contract (2014-06-18 09:32:00)
look closer, that was actually a 3-team trade. The result was they got Erik Cole back for Williams.
- Comment on Markov looking for three-year, $18-million deal: report (2014-06-16 16:55:39)
McDonagh was a RFA, less leverage. Not a comparable contract.
- Comment on HI/O Show: Habs will face more pressure next season (2014-06-09 12:29:50)
exactly. There's two teams on the ice. I'm damned sure the Rangers had no intention of getting off to a bad start and letting the Habs get that first goal. They came out flying, just like we did in game 5 and game 6 against Boston, AT HOME. They knew going back to Mtl for a game 7 was asking to be sent packing.
- Comment on HI/O Show: Habs will face more pressure next season (2014-06-09 12:28:02)
Pleks and Gionta were also our leading forwards in ice time in game 5. He coached the exact same way, the players did not get the job done.
- Comment on HI/O Show: Habs will face more pressure next season (2014-06-09 10:24:36)
I understand what you're trying to say, but i think it's a little naive to think after dominating game 5 the coaches said "well guys we played great lets change it up and go into a defensive shell for the next one!" I think the players wanted to survive the initial flurry, and then try and sneak in that first goal. the longer it went without being able to score, they began to panic and got away from the system. Re-watch the 3rd period, nobody was back to support the puck carrier, they were just attempting long stretch passes the entire time and ended up hemmed in their own zone. Players didn't execute, and maybe you can blame the coaches for that, but i thought they had them ready. Sometimes you just get outplayed and the pressure gets to you.