AliMember since November 9, 2007
Habs fan since: 1995: Saw my first hockey game of my life live at the old Forum, The Habs vs The Sens. Koivu scored, and Roy was in nets. A little over a week later Roy was traded, talk about bad timing! I never saw the Habs lift a Cup.
Favorite current player: Saku Koivu
All-time favorite player: Saku Koivu
Oh Captain my Captain...
- Comment on Habs looking to clinch playoff home-ice advantage vs. Islanders (2014-04-10 14:39:35)
Trick is to make him a healthy scratch. Every time he comes back from the pressbox, he plays well, and then trails off.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-04-02 10:02:06)
Murray has a phone hearing so it'll be less than 5 games. Likely a couple.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-04-02 10:00:25)
crazy part is that it results in everyone else standing still at the blueline, and after failing once or twice and finally getting it deep, the other team will always get to it first because they're already moving. can't see how this is supposed to be a solution.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-04-02 09:58:45)
Pretty sure that one time he did it forever on the power play is the reason his ice time was what it was.
- Comment on Emelin will be in Habs lineup against Lightning (2014-04-01 13:48:22)
I think he has a shot to be a Dominic Moore type player, who can fill in a top six role but will likely be a very solid two way third line player.
- Comment on Emelin will be in Habs lineup against Lightning (2014-04-01 13:47:16)
Might not apply to Boston, but I have noticed that Chris Neil in particular doesn't run around and stir things up whenever Parros/Laraque have been in the lineup, and whenever they're not he does. I think it's incorrect to think their presence has no effect at all, but it's more of a case by case basis.
- Comment on Habs get day off Sunday in drive to playoffs; Plekanec to rejoin team (2014-03-31 10:44:03)
If Weise, Moen, Prust are healthy, along with Eller and Bourque in our bottom six gives us good size there. Vanek, Patches, Gallagher (plays like a big man) are in our top six. That leaves Briere, Galchenyuk and Pleks as our smaller forwards, and I'm okay with that. Chucky - Pleks - Gallagher Patches - DD - Vanek Briere/Bourque - Eller - Gionta Moen - Prust - Weise Extras: Bourque/Briere, Bournival
- Comment on Audio: Habs make late deal to get Vanek from Islanders; Tokarski to start against Ducks (2014-03-05 15:57:58)
It is conditional, he corrected himself as he misread a text message or something. If we miss the playoffs, just Collberg for Vanek.
- Comment on Audio: Habs make late deal to get Vanek from Islanders; Tokarski to start against Ducks (2014-03-05 15:50:10)
Exact same price paid for Kovalev. It's a rental, the East is really wide open. This is a price that can be paid. We didn't give up a building block prospect.
- Comment on Habs acquire defenceman Weaver from Panthers; Price back on ice (2014-03-04 18:13:28)
well you've covered your bases haven't you? "IT WILL HAPPEN! - unless it doesn't"