gauver - (Richard Gauvin)Member since September 2, 2008
Habs fan since: 1976
Favorite current player: Carey Price
All-time favorite player: Larry Robinson
- Comment on About last night … (2015-03-13 17:24:26)
I am not a fan of Therrien but I don't believe that the system or coaching is the primary reason we cannot score. I think that the main reason is that we don't have enough legitimate top-six forwards in the organization at present. Aside from Pacioretty, who would crack the top six on Chicago, LA or Anaheim? Galchenyuk might eventually but not this season. We need some prospects to overachieve and surprise us and/or a major trade for major talent, at least two top-six players
- Comment on Coyotes vs. Canadiens preview: Tokarski will start in goal for Habs (2015-02-01 09:53:23)
Lakechamplain, your post reveals that what we really need to improve our top ten scoring is more out of the top five especially. We need two better top-six forwards who can score consistently. Maybe Galchenyuk can become one but I think we need to acquire the other via trade this season if possible
- Comment on About last night … (2014-05-11 11:23:27)
I am really disappointed in Pacioretty's playoff performance this year and last. He is a good player with very good stats this regular season and therefore likely had value to other GMs. I think we have seen enough to conclude that he doesn't have the requisite courage to be an effective playoff performer. If I was MTL GM, I would approach Edmonton about a trade; Pacioretty and Gorges for Taylor Hall and a 4th round pick. If your were the MTKL Gm, would you make that trade? If you were the EDM GM, would you make that trade?
- Comment on Subban’s role with Team Canada remains a mystery (2014-02-11 19:05:43)
we cannot score and our D sucks!! Price is is the ONLY reason we are still in a playoff position. he is Canada's best goaltender and should be the starter
- Comment on Subban’s role with Team Canada remains a mystery (2014-02-11 19:01:24)
- Comment on Budaj will start in goal for Habs against Bruins (2014-01-30 16:03:26)
the averages don't tell the whole tale. it is the distribution of height and weight as well as the assertiveness/aggressiveness of our players relative to other teams that matter. the Habs have more players under 5' 10" than the entire Western Conference combined! Pacioretty is a larger man who plays like a smaller man; he only skates through the low slot in the opposition's end after the whistle on his way to the bench for a line change. we have some players with sand but too few. And, some of our more aggressive players are too small to be effective.
- Comment on Habs’ Therrien faces heat while Guy Boucher takes coaching job in Switzerland (2014-01-27 22:10:30)
i am impressed that Roy was able to turn an under-performing group around in one season. the players really seem to like and respect him, commenting that he gives them useful advice to improve their play. i do think that Colorado had better players than the Habs at the start of the season so he may not have had the same affect in MTL. However, I think that he would have weeded out the players who are not willing or able to perform and that our younger players would floyrish under his coaching.
- Comment on Habs’ Therrien faces heat while Guy Boucher takes coaching job in Switzerland (2014-01-27 21:57:05)
i agree that it is too soon to judge the Emelin signing. I also agree that Briere was a gamble. The point is Briere and DD have not paid off bringing Bergevin's judgment into question. Nobody's perfect. The moves made during the balance of this season and through the draft will give us a better idea about our GM.
- Comment on Habs’ Therrien faces heat while Guy Boucher takes coaching job in Switzerland (2014-01-27 21:53:09)
Therrien instead of Roy as head coach is proving to be a mistake too. I hope Bergevin makes a few good personnel moves now through the draft to redeem himself.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 52 – Canadiens plumb new depths of suckitude in 5-0 loss, fall behind Leafs in standings (2014-01-25 17:54:42)
Price is my favourite current Hab. I am thinking that if we are ever to become Cup contenders, we nee more high-end talent. If we can't sign that talent via free agency, then we have to give something good/great to get something great back. Price and Subban are the only two players we have that I can think of that a team with the opportunity to draft a potential superstar like McDavid would seriously consider in exchange.