Da HemaMember since November 11, 2007
Habs fan since: Time immemorial
Favorite current player: Brendan Gallagher
All-time favorite player: Larry Robinson
- Comment on Habs return home, won’t practise until Tuesday (2014-03-10 00:45:49)
With all due respect, even with Carey Price, comparing this team to 1986 or 1993 is utter nonsense. If it were possible for those teams to play the current one, the latter would get totally demolished. It would be an embarrassment. I doubt the current team could even win one game in a playoff series against either of those teams. The 1986 and 1993 teams were big, strong, tough, mean, fast, and skilled. You should look more carefully at the composition of those 1986 and 1993 teams. Both had their share of Hall of Famers.
- Comment on Habs return home, won’t practise until Tuesday (2014-03-09 23:06:26)
I confess I'd love to consume what the 1,703 people were drinking when they voted that the Habs can win the Stanley Cup with its current roster. It must be a very pleasant cocktail.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 66 – Brutal road trip ends with shutout loss (2014-03-09 03:16:18)
What does Larry Robinson know about hockey? Surely not as much as Jean-Jacques Daigneault. At any rate, the Canadiens' Affirmative Action Coaching Policy precludes people like Robinson.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 66 – Brutal road trip ends with shutout loss (2014-03-09 01:01:32)
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 66 – Brutal road trip ends with shutout loss (2014-03-09 00:59:49)
Thank you 24 Cups! I needed a good laugh!!
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 66 – Brutal road trip ends with shutout loss (2014-03-09 00:59:12)
THAT would be outstanding! I would actually have some respect for Therrien if he said that. An elite team versus middling one says it all.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 66 – Brutal road trip ends with shutout loss (2014-03-09 00:51:49)
Therrien will be a total liar tonight when he addresses the media. He'll say "we are a tired club" (like the Canadiens are the only team that has to travel) or "we haven't had sufficient practice time" (like that matters anyways since Therrien himself can't manage to keep anything more than one line consistently intact) or "we've had some key injuries" (like the Canadiens are the only team that has injuries). His wife and family should thank God for affirmative action, because that guy could never coach another NHL team now.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 66 – Brutal road trip ends with shutout loss (2014-03-08 22:25:54)
Who are these goddamned referees? This is a joke.
- Comment on Weary Habs get day off after loss in Phoenix (2014-03-07 16:45:57)
I always liked St. Louis, but I agree with you. I am surprised there's any space left for St. Louis' teammates in the Rangers' locker room once he and his inflated sense of self-importance enter it.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 65 – Coyotes maul Canadiens 5-2 (2014-03-06 21:12:24)
What's this I hear that Boone is starting an advice column called "Dear Mike Boone?" Is he offering advice on how to buy the right bong?